You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Should I wait until next week to get supercontainer from campaign, if I want a shot at getting steel?

18 comments in this topic

[-WPG-]
Members
743 posts
3,145 battles

I'm like 1 game away from unlocking the final mission in stage 2 of Yamamato's campaign, which awards 2 supercontainers. I'd like to hold off opening them until 7.6 so that I have a chance at some steel.  

Should I wait until 7.6 drops to finish the mission that awards them, or would I still have a chance at steel if I collect them in 7.5 and open them in 7.6?  

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

Good things come to those who wait. That's how the saying goes anyway.

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

AFAIK contents of a container are generated the moment you earn it, so don't earn the container until the update drops. Holding it and opening it later won't make a difference. Either way you'll most likely get 100 flags. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
288 posts
5,608 battles

just want to point out it doesn't matter when you open them but when you receive them, for stuff like supercomputers or collection items.

[VW]
Members
1,847 posts
12,290 battles
9 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

AFAIK contents of a container are generated the moment you earn it, so don't earn the container until the update drops. Holding it and opening it later won't make a difference. Either way you'll most likely get 100 flags. 

You mean spotter mod :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 3

[VW]
Members
1,847 posts
12,290 battles
11 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

just want to point out it doesn't matter when you open them but when you receive them, for stuff like supercomputers or collection items.

So i guess all the regular containers we have stored wont give coal later?

Edited by monpetitloup

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
169 posts
3,455 battles
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

Just for clarity if you earn the star but dont click “collect” its ok right?

Technically as far as i understand buuuuuut if you wanna be extra safe

Members
2,081 posts

It will prob be as rare as a ship... So I wouldn't worry about it. Out of 9 super containers these past 2 weeks. Just 14 days prem, 50k free xp, 1 speed boost mod, 5 stacks camo and 1 stack of junk flags. They have way to much filler in them and yet are so rare. So, the chance of even getting what you want is TINY.

[S0L0]
Members
855 posts
4,688 battles

9 super containers in 2 weeks... I don't think I've gotten 9 SC's in 2 YEARS... :cap_wander:

Matt

[HINON]
Members
8,855 posts
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

So i guess all the regular containers we have stored wont give coal later?

Nope, best to open them now for the oil total which gets converted into coal when the patch drops.

[-WPG-]
Members
743 posts
3,145 battles

Ok, I'll wait then.  Was hoping to get a head start on the next stage over the weekend.  Oh well. Thanks for the replies. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,112 posts
9,224 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I'm like 1 game away from unlocking the final mission in stage 2 of Yamamato's campaign, which awards 2 supercontainers. I'd like to hold off opening them until 7.6 so that I have a chance at some steel.  

Should I wait until 7.6 drops to finish the mission that awards them, or would I still have a chance at steel if I collect them in 7.5 and open them in 7.6?  

yeah why not. 

Love the name by the way. On an off topic note you may want to check out the book 15 Stars by Stanley Weintraub.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,754 posts
9,484 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Good things come to those who wait. That's how the saying goes anyway.

Didn't work out for the people in Pompei.:Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Ok, I'll wait then.  Was hoping to get a head start on the next stage over the weekend.  Oh well. Thanks for the replies. 

If you haven't claimed the crates by finishing the mission and you want a chance at getting steel, then wait. I didn't realize you could get steel from SC, thought it was only coal. If you already have the containers then there is no chance you will get coal/steel from them. Contents are decided when you get the container, not when you open them. I think that if there is a ship when you open it, it checks and sees what you have in port at the time of opening so you won't get a duplicate ship. Least that is the way I understand how it works. I could be wrong. 

RipN, oil is farmed the second you get the container, not when you open it. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[FFLY]
Members
66 posts
3,929 battles
19 hours ago, MorbidGamer said:

It will prob be as rare as a ship... So I wouldn't worry about it. Out of 9 super containers these past 2 weeks. Just 14 days prem, 50k free xp, 1 speed boost mod, 5 stacks camo and 1 stack of junk flags. They have way to much filler in them and yet are so rare. So, the chance of even getting what you want is TINY.

That is better than me

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
17 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

Didn't work out for the people in Pompei.:Smile_sad:

i'm waiting to get superpowers,maybe if i wait more....

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,736 battles

I decided to wait.

Giving up a little oil is worth the chance for steel which looks like it will be the most restricted resource in the mix.

It also made it easier for me to use for lower tier ships.