Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Cherry Blossom: The First Nighttime Operation - same kind of joke than previous months scenarios?

59 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

95
[PIZZA]
Members
713 posts
7,940 battles

Cherry Blossom: The First Nighttime Operation - same kind of joke than previous months scenarios?

Scenarios with random teams are pretty much unplayable. It is not fun defeat-defeat - defeat etc.....

WG - what is going on? You change difficulty pretty drastically. 

Or is random teams PERSONS NON GRATA? 

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles
18 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Cherry Blossom: The First Nighttime Operation - same kind of joke than previous months scenarios?

Scenarios with random teams are pretty much unplayable. It is not fun defeat-defeat - defeat etc.....

WG - what is going on? You change difficulty pretty drastically. 

Or is random teams PERSONS NON GRATA? 

i can't understand your ranting,can you explain to simpletons like me?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,692
[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,904 battles
15 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

It is not fun defeat-defeat - defeat etc.....

There are some operations that I don't play, like Newport. Not all of them are bad though. People seemed to do pretty good in the PT on Cherry Blossom. They did much better the second round though, when more people got used to what had to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,620 posts
4,887 battles

I think I've gotten 4 or 5 stars in all the existing operations and on the test server.  Yes, sometimes the waves of bots stomp you but if you play decently, you'll end up stomping them too.  

Not sure exactly what the rant is all about.  Sort of sounds as if the OP just doesn't do well in operations.  Maybe a stay in Co-op would be easier for the OP and lead to a more enjoyable game for him.  Just a thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There are some operations that I don't play, like Newport. Not all of them are bad though. People seemed to do pretty good in the PT on Cherry Blossom. They did much better the second round though, when more people got used to what had to be done.

Newport is still the hardest. I don't hate Operations, I just don't play them much other than my first 5-Star. If my clan-mates are willing to, then I will be more inclined to play. If you don't want to play it, then don't. If you have no one to division with to play it, obviously you will be getting randoms. That is up to you and only you. (if you can't tell, the "you" is not you Soverign)

Edited by Vangm94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

Newport is still the hardest. I don't hate Operations, I just don't play them much other than my first 5-Star. If my clan-mates are willing to, then I will be more inclined to play. If you don't want to play it, then don't. If you have no one to division with to play it, obviously you will be getting randoms. That is up to you and only you.

newport is the one where you defend a base from bots coming at 3 angles right?it's hard because people tend to ignore the Destroyers,they cross the line and everything falls apart.spreading equally the ships across the flanks ensure,in theory,a no sail zone for destroyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

newport is the one where you defend a base from bots coming at 3 angles right?it's hard because people tend to ignore the Destroyers,they cross the line and everything falls apart.spreading equally the ships across the flanks ensure,in theory,a no sail zone for destroyers.

I find it hard because you need to defend both sides, then the middle, then kill the CV or CVs, and still stay alive. For every operation, I find that if you are a CV player willing to learn the spawn points, that you can make the battle much easier because the CV ONLY has eyes everywhere. So when I did play the operations, that is what I did. I learned, then I spotted those spawn points, and got my torpedo bombers ready for CV Sniping as soon as it spawned.

 

Though as far as I can tell, the CVs I have played with have not learned this...

Edited by Vangm94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
755
[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Dumb play in the scenarios is on the rise lately and I don't know why. Anyways, I'll avoid it for a while since the potatoes will be leaping right in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I find it hard because you need to defend both sides, then the middle, then kill the CV or CVs, and still stay alive. For every operation, I find that if you are a CV player willing to learn the spawn points, that you can make the battle much easier because the CV ONLY has eyes everywhere. So when I did play the operations, that is what I did. I learned, then I spotted those spawn points, and got my torpedo bombers ready for CV Sniping as soon as it spawned.

 

Though as far as I can tell, the CVs I have played with have not learned this...

yeah this mission might DEMAND a  decent CV player to get the last star. some people say that sending a lone destroyer might help but it's too dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
55 posts
13,018 battles

I played "Cherry Blossom" on the PT server.  I shall not play it when it goes live. Playing against a finite number of opponents is preferable to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

yeah this mission might DEMAND a  decent CV player to get the last star. some people say that sending a lone destroyer might help but it's too dangerous.

It's the same for all operations.

  • Memorize the spawn points (both versions)
  • Attack and shadow the spawn point (both versions)
  • Prepare and wait for a important ship to spawn
  • Attempt to sink the important ship immediately

All while praying that your team outlasts and sinks the attacking enemy ships while having to moving your ships way-points so that you don't end up alone, behind, or in front of the pack. There are usually two versions of the operation too so that has to me memorized as well. Generally, give me 2 or 3 tries and I will remember the spawn points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, ET1_Allen said:

I played "Cherry Blossom" on the PT server.  I shall not play it when it goes live. Playing against a finite number of opponents is preferable to me.

We saw that happen in that other mode from a couple years ago. I forget what it was called... Otherwise fighting an near infinite amount of enemy ships while surrounded by them and hoping your rear is not exposed because an allied died or you went too far is far worse than Operations.

My Preference

  1. Random
  2. Scenario
  3. Coop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,627
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
11,361 battles

Are you crying cause it's too hard? Have you actually played or just preemptively being a [edited]?

I beat it with a mostly random team, not very tough at all (and pretty fun). None of the OPs have been particularly difficult really.

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

Having played Cherry Blossom on both part 1 and 2 of the player test server, it is going to be right up there in difficulty with the tier 6 Op Defense of Naval Station Newport but more like the tier 7 Op Ultimate frontier... maybe even more difficult... but not impossible. The fact it is limited to tier 8 UK, US, French, and Russian cruisers an no BBs, CVs, or DDs also increases the difficulty to some degree.

That being said, not sure why the OP is ranting about random teams. That is the case in battle mode in WoWs; you never know what type of team you'll get.

Not sure why more people don't division up to do these Operation scenarios but to each his own. I personally like the difficulty and challenge.

Edited by daVinci761st
Typos, typos everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

The problem is the player base it self. Scenarios are fun not because of how hard they're to pass, but because it gives you things to do/achieve in the 20 min match. When we tell the developers to

  • ratchet up the difficulty, Scenarios now are boring and easy,
  • When are we going to have the harder version of the scenarios etc. I mean they are doing what we asked.

They took our critic and well gave us what we the player base wanted. I put the blame squarely at us for the creation of the lack if fun value in Cherry Blossom. Now can we go back the the old ways of making scenarios fun? If not then what is the point ?

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The problem is the player base it self. Scenarios are fun not because of how hard they're to pass, but because it gives you things to do/achieve in the 20 min match. When we tell the developers to ratchet up the difficulty, Scenarios now are boring and easy, When are we going to have the harder version of the scenarios etc. I mean they are doing what we asked. They took our critic and well gave us what we the player base wanted. I put the blame squarely at us for the creation of the lack if fun value in Cherry Blossom. Now can we go back the the old ways of making scenarios fun? If not then what is the point ?

What's a division?

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

What's a division?

?????Reading/comprehension on your part is OP ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,126
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,123 posts
18,640 battles

This scenario will be a real saltmine. Easy if people follow the plan. But since it is challenging, so you can forget about it if you have two or more players that don't care about it

Still isn't it what player asked for? Some scenarios that need more then just faceroll over the keyboard? And if you think complete random players are a wate of time div up with people you know.

If you come from some classic RPG like LotRo or WoW you get an idea how to do a dungeon/instance/raid. If you figure out how the mechanic works it's easy to counter it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[PIZZA]
Members
713 posts
7,940 battles
1 hour ago, RobertViktor68 said:

slamming it before release?  I don't get it.

Read to the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

So you're losing the scenarios and blaming the team? Sure its their fault, you're the best player in the game and could never make a mistake right? Meanwhile I very rarely get a team that doesn't 5 star the scenarios. Try looking for the common denominator here.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[PIZZA]
Members
713 posts
7,940 battles

WG - this is for you and all persons who cannot read to end or played last months scenarios where winning with random team is impossible. Not even one star.

 

´"same kind of joke than previous months scenarios?""

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, manon45 said:

So you're losing the scenarios and blaming the team? Sure its their fault, you're the best player in the game and could never make a mistake right? Meanwhile I very rarely get a team that doesn't 5 star the scenarios. Try looking for the common denominator here.

Aren't we all the best player in the game and everyone else is just a scrub? :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, Finnkax said:

WG - this is for you and all persons who cannot read to end or played last months scenarios where winning with random team is impossible. Not even one star.

 

´"same kind of joke than previous months scenarios?""

What's a Division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×