You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Passive CO-OP play!!!!!

31 comments in this topic

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles

Played a few random past couple of days.  Broke even, did ok, but I am now seeing fearful passive play in co-op!  Co-op!  Have lost several lately and I almost never lose in co-op. Seeing players playing passive and fearfully now in co-op. Strange. Just lost 2 in a row in co-op that were stomps.  Bots stomping in co-op?  Have lost 5 or 6 past few days.:Smile_amazed:  Players sitting back, running, doing all the fearful crap we all see in serious random games. What gives?  Just a run of bad teams or is it because it's summer or bots better now or what?  Maybe no one else has caught a batch of crappy co-op teams and maybe it's just a bad run....but I have never seen this since I joined this here game. Multiple stomps?  In co-op? Maybe the bots are better.  OK!  Great!  I like the challenge and have always wanted co-op to be tougher but I feel it's the player base this summer. Maybe.  Dunno. Maybe I am just looking for excuses since I LOVE excuses for losing. Heh.:Smile_teethhappy:  Thoughts? 

Edited by dmckay
  • Bad 2

Members
9,873 posts

Turnover.....Far too many new players, far too little knowledge.

I played a couple scenarios yesterday, and the idiocy I saw was incredible. First game, 3 ships die to the first wave, because they have no idea how to dodge torps....:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles

born too soon to explore the galaxy.

born too late to explore the world.

born just in time to see PASSIVE CO-OP.

• Funny 3

[WOLF3]
Members
6,050 posts
2,213 battles

What tiers are you playing?

[WPP]
Members
458 posts
5,133 battles

I’ve seen that too.  It’s co op ... you can charge ahead wrecklessly, dump torpedoes into the mob of idiots, sunk 2 ships, die, and still win.  It’s seriously easy.

But then at the beginning of a lot of games there are a few people in chat trying to determine strategies.  LOLWUT?!?  Then they criticize your play when you act like you’re playing against mindless bots.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

Good, I thought it was just me. I wonder why when I get an all bot team that my bots are all crappy?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
22 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Played a few random past couple of days.  Broke even, did ok, but I am now seeing fearful passive play in co-op!  Co-op!  Have lost several lately and I almost never lose in co-op. Seeing players playing passive and fearfully now in co-op. Strange. Just lost 2 in a row in co-op that were stomps.  Bots stomping in co-op?  Have lost 5 or 6 past few days.:Smile_amazed:  Players sitting back, running, doing all the fearful crap we all see in serious random games. What gives?  Just a run of bad teams or is it because it's summer or bots better now or what?  Maybe no one else has caught a batch of crappy co-op teams and maybe it's just a bad run....but I have never seen this since I joined this here game. Multiple stomps?  In co-op? Maybe the bots are better.  OK!  Great!  I like the challenge and have always wanted co-op to be tougher but I feel it's the player base this summer. Maybe.  Dunno. Maybe I am just looking for excuses since I LOVE excuses for losing. Heh.:Smile_teethhappy:  Thoughts? 

Well I as a long time Co-Op player this is not really new, it seems to happen about this time of year.:Smile_honoring:

[SYN]
Members
326 posts
5,998 battles
15 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I’ve seen that too.  It’s co op ... you can charge ahead wrecklessly, dump torpedoes into the mob of idiots, sunk 2 ships, die, and still win.  It’s seriously easy.

But then at the beginning of a lot of games there are a few people in chat trying to determine strategies.  LOLWUT?!?  Then they criticize your play when you act like you’re playing against mindless bots.

galspanic speaks the truth.  It’s been weird seeing people try to talk strategy in coop lately.  As though a bot changes its game due to something unexpected happening.  There’s no viable strategy to coop beyond advance and kill.

And yes, there’s been a lot of passive play.  More coop losses in the last two weeks than I can ever recall.  Lots of these people can’t chew gum and click at the same time.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
11 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

What tiers are you playing?

Mostly Scharn in tier 7. Just played another co-op before I take my nappy.  CLOSE!  I got 2 but died but did lotta damge and came in second.. Tirpitz was our last man standing and he had no health left but he dodged torps and got their carrier.  Again....almost a loss but it was exciting.  However half our team ran around near the far boundaries and did absolutely nothing with their long range "sniping".  Can't figure why they so damn afraid in a damn co-op match....dammit. We should have won easily. But I did say it was exciting. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Good, I thought it was just me. I wonder why when I get an all bot team that my bots are all crappy?

LOL:Smile_teethhappy: now that is something I have always wondered about, the Green BoTs cannot hit the broadside of a BB, but the Red BoTs can hit you even behind a island sitting in smoke, I guess it is to keep it balanced.

But my favorite thing is when a bot gets stuck between two islands, and just keeps going back and forth over and over again LOL:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
545 posts
11,917 battles

it's called "summer".  And the kids are here now.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I played a couple scenarios yesterday, and the idiocy I saw was incredible. First game, 3 ships die to the first wave, because they have no idea how to dodge torps....:Smile_amazed:

I didn't even try. Defense of Newport, just means I can take a week off and play other games.

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

Instead of coming to the forums to complain about it why don't you help the newbies learn how to properly play. Everyone was new at some point and had to learn the way of the warships, they are simply pilgrims walking the same path we once did.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,168 posts
50 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Same here- 3 losses and a draw on Sunday- all in a row...    it was either timid/dumb player decisions- or rampaging super-bots- or both. 

The bot programming was acting like had been drinking Sterno.   They'd either be tier 1 dumb (basically a step up from training room bots- half the time they don't even shoot at you or engage players)  or they'd be the super unicum uber bots.  (hyper aggressive,  NEVER missing, every salvo either breaks something or lights you on fire,  always making impossible shots. etc.  all the while, they bounce and dodge most return fire- and charge right at you.)    Nothing at all in between.

So, you'd get 3 minute ROFLstomps where hardly anyone has a chance to do anything before it's over- or you'd get what you describe : Team wipe-outs.

It's been years since I lost that many Co-op games in one day- not since I tried playing DD's for the first time as a newb, lol.

I tried my hand at Ops, just to try and get away from that- and we lost when Raptor got rammed to death by a Aoba nobody bothered shooting at.   ( they were too busy farming citadels off the distant Myokos. etc)   This was just as we were leaving the first repair zone.    The final message in chat said it all:  "Oh ffs..."

Now completely disgusted, I called it a day.    Tried again, Monday and it was 3 and out.  (would have been 2, but I was too close to earning a container to quit before I got it)  Same crappy play/meta.

Haven't felt like playing since.  Just don't have the heart to.

So, it's not just you, man!   Others have noticed it too.

What the hell is up with the bot programming, lately?   It's like it's gone bi-polar or something...    

As far as player play, I can only guess it's a combination of summer syndrome, periodic meta change,  and likely some folks trying something other than Randoms and not adjusting their playstyle.   I played higher tier matches full of mostly tech tree ships, so I can't really blame newbs.    The bi-polar bots likely had something to do with it, too.    The dumb butts lull you into over confidence- then the nasty ones crush you.   A few games vs the latter would make a lot of people play like they're shell-shocked, and get super cautious.

As far as a harder mode, I would much rather they add a few extra bots (normal, average ones)  then ramp up the bot programming to impossible levels.   And have them use sound, intelligent tactics, not just yolo charging and "GET THE $%#^^$$ DD!!!!"   

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,260 posts
5,679 battles

I think they should make the Bot's in COOP the equivalent of Terminators........you can not reason with them, they do not feel remorse or pity and they will not stop...ever until you are dead. If you made it nearly impossible to win in COOP, maybe than we could get that 1/3 of the server population that refuses to leave the training mode and get into randoms like the rest of us.

• Bad 4

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
1 hour ago, manon45 said:

Instead of coming to the forums to complain about it why don't you help the newbies learn how to properly play. Everyone was new at some point and had to learn the way of the warships, they are simply pilgrims walking the same path we once did.

Yes!  We are as a light on the hill and tis our duty to help and guide these other pilgrims to the true and righteous light. Don't give them a fish. Teach unto them HOW to fish and they shall be saved and be able to provide unto themselves....etc. etc. So on and so forth.

I shall go forth and sin no more.

Edited by dmckay

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts
55 minutes ago, manon45 said:

Why? I'm gonna say the vast majority of players there and in random don't want our advice or yours. You can try but it will get you a chat ban because of all the hurtzfeels going around, right. 

It's just not coop these days. Probably why the Indianapolis is a very long mission with two to three days each task. :cap_haloween:

Members
19 posts
7,280 battles

I dont get the whole coop thing anyway. If you want to get a feel for a ship doesn't it make sense to play a challenging opponent instead of the yolo fleet ? And Ive said it to many times new players (even me) watch youtube videos and  

• Boring 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
15 minutes ago, kinnard63 said:

I dont get the whole coop thing anyway.

Fine, I am happy for you but please remember not everyone likes to play the same way/mode as you. Some of us enjoy Co-Op/Operations and some of us enjoy Random only, what matters is we all enjoy this game.

And as long as Wargaming keeps expanding WoWs in both PvP and PvE play they will keep my wallet open.:Smile_honoring:

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
290 posts
9,617 battles

I usually take a break from randoms to play scenarios and they've been nightmarish so I assume many of the same players are there. I understand that in scenarios at least the difficulty has been turned up a tad. But people dying in the first two waves is just silly in the current "Defense of Naval Station Newport" mission. I'm out of flags again so maybe I'll try a few co-op fights and see how they go. I know the T10 engagements can be lively, if costly.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles

We played co op last night, using our km BB in a div, it was use secondaries only, we never lost a game with kills secured by us, co op is so ridiculous.

[FACT]
Members
399 posts
3,933 battles
18 hours ago, awiggin said:

I noticed the 'bot mechanic' change clear back when Update 5.12 hit well over a year+ ago. Since that c rap, I have slowly tapered off playing co-op except for T1 when I find myself needing just enough XP to get a daily container (usually as a result of FAILED OPs missions as you state above).

I'm not a random player, Clan Wars hold no interest for me, and I had no desire to play a repeated same Tier of Ranked this past Season (played 1 game). For me the game has gone stale. OPs is the only thing really keeping my interest.

Then they go and muck up OPs for no good reason and turn a completely deaf ear to the player base. Also, I have to agree, the MM of Random players for OPs has been utter trash. It just simply amazes me for how long EACH of these OPs have been out that real players still find the dumbest of ways in which to continuously lose them over and over. This weeks OP blows my mind. It really isn't all that difficult, if you simply don't over extend and position yourself to cross fire on the incoming waves of bots. Yet, DERP after DERP after DERP. Now the weekend is here and I finally have free time to game. Think I'll hit the range instead. No MM headaches or RNG to deal with.

I want to play more, I do! However, there is currently nothing pulling me back in. Again, it's a shame, because the game is fantastic. Cheers!

[MIA-A]
Members
1,982 posts
6,579 battles
23 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

We played co op last night, using our km BB in a div, it was use secondaries only, we never lost a game with kills secured by us, co op is so ridiculous.

This is my favorite (and the only time I do so) way to play coop.

Tirpitz makes it fun too since you can use torps :)

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,026 battles
19 hours ago, galspanic said:

Yep.   Gotta love the chats - "I'm headed to C - need support".

Um... just follow the DD?   Since the bots will be drawn to it?