You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pussinator69000

Super Weird Moment-DD doesn't die after multiple hits.

17 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
2,270 battles

Issue: The enemy DD in the video takes multiple salvos from my Leander, and from a Mass and doesn't even die, I also get 3 pens and he just survives...

Expected Result: The enemy DD should have died long before, even before my recording there were multiple salvos by the Mass who couldn't kill the enemy at 103 hp.
How to Replicate: Put a DD in that exact position shown on TRAP, domination, and then replicate smokes and such, I don't know if this was exactly a bug or could be some sort of hacking, but I doubt hacking.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: The beginning of this video is very important.

Edited by pussinator69000

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

Damage saturation is a thing...

Also hard to tell because if the friendly ship in front of him, but if you hit something like a turret, you can get a full pen from it but it won’t cause any damage.

Members
2 posts
2,270 battles
12 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Damage saturation is a thing...

Also hard to tell because if the friendly ship in front of him, but if you hit something like a turret, you can get a full pen from it but it won’t cause any damage.

Yeah I know it is, but if you look at my salvo the thing hits the super structure, and back of the ship, no way saturation can take that much effect...

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

No more damage in already saturated areas on a ship. You had to hit a spot that wasn't saturated.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
43 minutes ago, pussinator69000 said:

Yeah I know it is, but if you look at my salvo the thing hits the super structure, and back of the ship, no way saturation can take that much effect...

Oh, you poor boy, that is so NOT true. I once hit a Red Nicholas with 6 torps from my Nicholas and he didn't die. Damage saturation can, and does, have EXACTLY that much of an effect; one of those things that isn't right, but just is.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

After watching the video, looks like damage saturation to me.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 hour ago, pussinator69000 said:

Actually, it can.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,888 posts
10,013 battles

The bow of the target was saturated, and all of the Maass shells were HE and hitting saturated section of the bow (meaning they inflicted zero damage).  

The superstructure didn't look saturated, but it looks like your shells hit the forward turret area.  Quite possibly you scored penetrating hits on turrets, which likewise would be zero damage to the ships hull.  

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles

Just wondering. How many areas can a ship have "saturated" and still be afloat? I assume the total to saturate an each area exceeds the total HP for the ship.

?

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,916 battles
24 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Behold the glory of damage saturation

1MdmLMu.gif

LOL i bet that guy rage quit the game after that

[STW-M]
Members
1,894 posts
5,666 battles

I'm frankly starting to wonder if WG should remove damage saturation. It can get fairly ridiculous at times:

Members
82 posts
4,244 battles
On 6/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

LOL i bet that guy rage quit the game after that

So thats what happened to me the other day... I landed 5 torp hits on a DD and he was still alive.