You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Splinterfuzz

[Feedback] Team Damage/Kill penalty in all bot co-op.

8 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,269 battles

So I decided to just play a round of co-op because it was taking too long to get into a random battle with my Bogue, I ended up being placed in a match where I was literally the only human player.  So I shrug and go ahead and start playing only to have my team of AI bots repeatedly try to drive right into my torpedos including one where they went full speed right for my torps and then turned to ram into the opposing ship...  They took four torpedos and I got a penalty because of bad AI... this should really be addressed.  I don't typically play AI battles but wow... it's bad that every time I sent my torp bombers out one of the team AI would decide to go head first for that ship and I just hand to cancel torp after torp run.

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles

If they were all bots than that means there were plenty of targets and you could have gone for someone else since those 2 were yoloing each other. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles

It seems like the bots were doing a good job imitating human players. Remember, if a friendly can get into the path of your torpedoes they are probably going to so. Never assume they will maneuver in a way that they will avoid your torps, check fire.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It seems like the bots were doing a good job imitating human players. Remember, if a friendly can get into the path of your torpedoes they are probably going to so. Never assume they will maneuver in a way that they will avoid your torps, check fire.

Bingo, you sink a Teammate - Human or BoT it is your fault.

Members
17 posts
1,269 battles

The bots were  well clear and then sped ahead and moved as if actually trying to get hit by torps that were already in the water and seemed hell bent to focus on ramming over firing at eachother.  The match was incredibly short and the bots were practically swarming into a ball on top of each other pretty sure I'll never see human players do that stupid kind of play.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
958 posts
6,372 battles

As bots aren't players there should be no penalty for TKing bots. The AI is so stupid they TK one another and human players regularly.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
2 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

As bots aren't players there should be no penalty for TKing bots. The AI is so stupid they TK one another and human players regularly.

Yes the bot AI really does stand for Artificial Idiot but there is a really good reason to have human team damage in co-op, learning good habits.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,217 battles

AI bots could really use some Elon Musk Dota 2 treatment imho. Would be nice to have competent bots that can be player dialed to specific difficulty that gets close to human ability. But that'll never happen in this game... to expensive.