You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

Soon, there will be Haida

101 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,089 posts
3,725 battles

Hey Captains!

Soon you will have the opportunity to acquire one of the most venerated ships in Canada, HMCS Haida. I recall last year receiving LOTS of feedback to get this ship into the game, in this sub-section of the forum particularly.  @LittleWhiteMouse in particular was was extremely vocal about this ship. Thanks to talking to lots of colleagues at the development studio in St. Petersburg, lots of patience from @Ev1n_NA , and a lot of hard work from our historical research team, the ship will soon be in the game. 
image.png

It was an interesting journey to help make this ship happen, and I hope you all enjoy it when it does arrive!

• Cool 17
  • Boring 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,623 battles
11 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hey Captains!

Soon you will have the opportunity to acquire one fo the most venerated ships in Canada, HMCS Haida. 

Sounds almost like a missions set by that language (prolly not, though).  Also, typo ~Thanks! Corrected~ Pigeon_of_War

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

In before LWM screaming

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles

Yup, In before Mouse. Lots of people will like this. Now if they introduce it with a 10 point special Captain for the Common Wealth line (like Doe and the rest) we will have something.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
541 posts
11,882 battles

nice looking ship and camo.  Go Canada!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hey Captains!

Soon you will have the opportunity to acquire one fo the most venerated ships in Canada, HMCS Haida. I recall last year receiving LOTS of feedback to get this ship into the game, in this sub-section of the forum particularly.  @LittleWhiteMouse in particular was was extremely vocal about this ship. Thanks to talking to lots of colleagues at the development studio in St. Petersburg, lots of patience from @Ev1n_NA , and a lot of hard work from our historical research team, the ship will soon be in the game. 

It was an interesting journey to help make this ship happen, and I hope you all enjoy it when it does arrive!

YES!!!!!!!!

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Thank you for bringing another storied and decorated premium ship into the game. She went on to serve in the Korean War where she undertook bombardment missions, one of which destroyed a North Korean freight train carrying weapons and supplies. Though I don't exactly identify as being Canadian in terms of nationality, it's cool to see a ship from Canada. :))

Members
1,334 posts
2,687 battles

Good to see her finally arrive after all of the kicking an screaming from the Canadian fans hahaha!

One question, there was a leak about Haida's flag and a Canada flag permacamo, can you comment on how those (or if) will be included with Haida?

@Pigeon_of_War

5b2bd375536e2_Screenshot(722).png.c546e452cd88165543c9c0a688d33a21.png

Edited by Dunk_Master_Flex

[OO7]
WoWS Community Contributors, Alpha Tester
133 posts
9,702 battles

*wakes up, pets my pet polar bear before checking forums*

*glares at new post from pigeon*

HAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAA!!!!

*canadian screeching intensifies, eh?*

• Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
784 posts
4,736 battles

Not Canadian, just married to one.

Woot.

-R

[HINON]
Supertester
18,964 posts
12,479 battles

@Pigeon_of_War So now that we're getting Haida and Nueve de Julio is coming, what do I need to do to get Dutch ships? :D

• Cool 5

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Any guess on how much the Haida will be? Anyone?

[OO7]
WoWS Community Contributors, Alpha Tester
133 posts
9,702 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

My guess is entirely dependent on tiering. If 7, compare with Sims and Blyskawica as well as Z-39. If 8, compare with Kidd, Asashio, etc.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, Senpai_NA said:

My guess is entirely dependent on tiering. If 7, compare with Sims and Blyskawica as well as Z-39. If 8, compare with Kidd, Asashio, etc.

Members
59 posts
887 battles

Finally! Thank you so much @Pigeon_of_War for adding a Canadian Ship! I hope that we can get some more in the future :) I'm looking forward to this one!

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
280 posts
7,685 battles
1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hey Captains!

Soon you will have the opportunity to acquire one of the most venerated ships in Canada, HMCS Haida. I recall last year receiving LOTS of feedback to get this ship into the game, in this sub-section of the forum particularly.  @LittleWhiteMouse in particular was was extremely vocal about this ship. Thanks to talking to lots of colleagues at the development studio in St. Petersburg, lots of patience from @Ev1n_NA , and a lot of hard work from our historical research team, the ship will soon be in the game. 

AWESOME!!!! Just can't wait!  Thanks to everyone that made this possible. There is a light a the end of the tunnel and it does not look to be a Train's headlight! :)

I am looking forward to sail this one!!

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,414 posts
4,309 battles

So when's Cossack coming?

My opinion won't be popular here on the NA server but I would prefer to have the Tribal class debut with the nation that designed her: Cossack first, Haida coming shortly afterwards in second. Cossack was announced how long ago compared to Haida?

Currently the game is in the situation where Pan-Asia has more British designed DDs than Britain, and if Haida comes first then the Commonwealth will also have more British designed DDs than Britain. The UK hasn't had anything since Gallant, and Campbeltown frankly doesn't count since it's a regurgitated USN Wickes class.

So WG why is it do difficult for you guys to make a RN DD line and more British designed premium DDs? Between all the UK DDs serving other tech trees, Gallant, the Anthony from the past Dunkirk operation you already have the making of at least half the line. Why is it so difficult for WG to handle British ships?

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for you Canadians who haven't had anything at all til now. And if WG makes a marathon out of Haida, well it's free stuff and I like free stuff. But I'm rather vexed atm that WG tends to handle the addition of British ships so damn badly.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,964 posts
12,479 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

So WG why is it do difficult for you guys to make a RN DD line and more British designed premium DDs?

In before Dutch DD tree enters the game before a British one. :Smile_hiding:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

In before LWM screaming

Now THAT'S funny!

1 hour ago, Lert said:

@Pigeon_of_War So now that we're getting Haida and Nueve de Julio is coming, what do I need to do to get Dutch ships? :D

Have @LittleWhiteMouse scream louder?

53 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I imagine that after all the requests WG has received, it will be top dollar.

[DRACS]
Members
3,357 posts

Super_Dreadnought, while your reasoning is sound, you need to take into consideration a few important details:

- British tech tree ships currently in the game: 18
- British premium ships currently in the game: 7
- British premium destroyers currently in the game: 2
- Canadian anything at all currently in the game: zilch

That's why Haida needs to come first. Also, Haida is currently the only Tribal class destroyer still intact as she's a museum ship. All others have either been sunk or scrapped. You can go visit her yourself in Hamilton, Ontario.

@Pigeon_of_War, I am totally ready for this ship to be released! I, like many other Canadians, have been eagerly waiting to see this ship (or ANY Canadian ship really) in game for years! I just hope her release specs make her a 'GudBote'. Currently, I believe she still needs a touch more buffing. Just to try something different, I'd love to see her dual 102mm secondaries buffed to become crazy accurate (without commander skills or upgrades) within their gun range. Really turn Haida into an in your face brawler ;)

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
1 hour ago, Senpai_NA said:

*wakes up, pets my pet polar bear before checking forums*

*glares at new post from pigeon*

HAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAA!!!!

*canadian screeching intensifies, eh?*

Canadians screech?  That seems very un-Canadian to me...  :Smile_hiding:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,608 posts
13,239 battles
1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hey Captains!

image.png

Well that's really cool I would love to buy it but I'm not going to put any more money into this game with the way it is for destroyer play

It's too bad I used to love this game:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by silverdahc
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1