You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

19pt capt

21 comments in this topic

[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles

once u get a capt to 19pts does all his gained xp go into the elite capt xp pool? or is it just a percentage?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

All of the 19 pt CO XP is sent to the Elite CO XP pool

[PVE]
Members
8,909 posts
7,305 battles

If you can get your 19 pt captain in a nation that you have premiums in, then you can rotate the 19 pt captain amongst the tech tree ship and the premiums to farm first win bonuses.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,475 posts
10,194 battles
21 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you can get your 19 pt captain in a nation that you have premiums in, then you can rotate the 19 pt captain amongst the tech tree ship and the premiums to farm first win bonuses.

As said, all XP earned on a 19pt Capt becomes elite and can be used on any other Capt free. And what Kiz says above really helps.

I got my 1st 19pt Capt (Montana) after about a year of play (started in Dec 2016). Think it was late Dec 2017/early Jan 2018 when I got it. I have since got 5 more to be at 6 19 pt Capts (1 each for Japan, US, Britain, Germany, Russia, and France). I have a lot of Premium ships and by playing those 19pt Capt's in the Premiums of their nation often, and also for that 1st win of the day bonus as Kiz said, the XP adds up fast.

By playing my 19pt Montana Capt in Montana and then TX/AZ/Alabama/Missouri just for the 1st win of each day, with Capt XP flags and/or camo added, I can earn 60-75K + Capt XP even in Co-op. Play them multiple times a day and I can easily exceed 200K Capt XP. 

It adds up fast. I have had days where I have earned over 500K Capt XP by playing a lot of games with all my 19pt Capt's in their various ships and then eligible Premiums. And again, in Co-op.

Once you get that 1st 19pt Capt you will be able to get more faster and faster.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,667 battles
29 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, it's great when you have a favorite ship and multiple Premiums that can run the same captain.

For example, John Doe (formerly known as Steven Seagal) resides in Montana but can play in Missouri, Alabama, Arizona, and Texas (meh).  On one of those 100% XP bonus weekend, that adds up to a lot of Elite Commander XP nicely. 

Another 19 point captain lives on Izyaslav but can play in Okhotnik, Gremyaschy, Leningrad, Krasny Krym, Admiral Makarov and Molotov.  That's a ton of potential first win bonuses.

It is really nice to have a stash of Elite Commander XP.  It doesn't take that much to make a 10-ppoint captain out of nothing.  The last 4 or 5 skill points do cost a lot though.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
476 posts
5,485 battles
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If only my 19 pt captain wasn't a secondary build for Bizmarck, and my premiums are all cruisers. 

But my Biz plays alot, and my cruiser captain is up to 16 pts rotating thru my premiums. But soon I'll have 2 19 pt captains and can work on a 3rd in a different nation with that farmed captain XP. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles

The more 19 pt captains you have the quicker and easier it is to get more 19 pt captains. It really helps if you plan out which ships you want to grind next to 19 pts. 

• Cool 2

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
17 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The more 19 pt captains you have the quicker and easier it is to get more 19 pt captains. It really helps if you plan out which ships you want to grind next to 19 pts. 

Exactly. It took me for what seemed forever to get my first 19pt captain, now I have 12 of them. Since I have all of them installed on ships that I play regularly, it doesn't take long to start accumulating a lot of Elite XP. I believe I have over 4 million saved up. That's enough to elevate 3 more 10 pt captains to 19 pt. To elevate a 10 pt to 19 pt requires 1523000 elite XP!

• Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,736 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Once you get that 1st 19pt Capt you will be able to get more faster and faster.

I agree fully with this.

I now have three, one each for the USN, RN, and IJN.

It really helps if they are on ships you like to drive.

I'm getting close to another USN captain in a different type.

Members
9,868 posts
5 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Exactly. It took me for what seemed forever to get my first 19pt captain, now I have 12 of them. Since I have all of them installed on ships that I play regularly, it doesn't take long to start accumulating a lot of Elite XP. I believe I have over 4 million saved up. That's enough to elevate 3 more 10 pt captains to 19 pt. To elevate a 10 pt to 19 pt requires 1523000 elite XP!

Really? You want people to believe that you ground 12 - 19 point captains with under 5K games? :Smile_medal:

• Bad 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Really? You want people to believe that you ground 12 - 19 point captains with under 5K games? :Smile_medal:

To be honest, I think it's actually more than 12. And as far as grinding, I don't grind :)

I have so many premium ships and acquired a lot of flags (either as anniversary gifts or Santa crates). Believe me, it doesn't take long with a premium account and an average XP of 1800+.

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles

I just wanted to take the opportunity to suggest a 20th point. On some ships I sometimes find myself with the 19th point and nothing I can do with it on the first row/level.  That extra point would give us more options. Just an idea.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,667 battles
18 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I just wanted to take the opportunity to suggest a 20th point. On some ships I sometimes find myself with the 19th point and nothing I can do with it on the first row/level.  That extra point would give us more options. Just an idea.

Please no!  That would mean 1 more point to earn before you can generate Elite Commander XP.

Of all of the changes WG has made to this game since I started over 2 years ago, the re-work of captain skills turned out to be the best by far. Elite Commander XP is a great concept. Situational Awareness needs to be universal or banned. Basic Firing Training is worth more than 1 point. Most importantly, the new skill layout gives you options. A BB captain can be fully spec’d for secondaries, or you can have a Concealment/tank build.  But not both. DDs captains can be set up for torps, gunboat, or in between. There are alternative builds for cruisers too. Do you want IFHE or AFT?  CV skills are pretty much fixed for the first 11 points, but you have multiple paths after that. 

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles
3 hours ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Please no!  That would mean 1 more point to earn before you can generate Elite Commander XP.

Of all of the changes WG has made to this game since I started over 2 years ago, the re-work of captain skills turned out to be the best by far. Elite Commander XP is a great concept. Situational Awareness needs to be universal or banned. Basic Firing Training is worth more than 1 point. Most importantly, the new skill layout gives you options. A BB captain can be fully spec’d for secondaries, or you can have a Concealment/tank build.  But not both. DDs captains can be set up for torps, gunboat, or in between. There are alternative builds for cruisers too. Do you want IFHE or AFT?  CV skills are pretty much fixed for the first 11 points, but you have multiple paths after that. 

How about they make it a bonus skill? You would have acquire elite captain skill points to get it. This way players don't lose their elite status. I really think we could use it

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,161 posts
3,436 battles
On 21/06/2018 at 11:26 AM, Summon3r said:

once u get a capt to 19pts does all his gained xp go into the elite capt xp pool? or is it just a percentage?

All of it buddeh! My favourite part about Elite Captain XP is that you can use it to retrain captains on ships you move them to. Makes it much easier to do when you don't have to try and play your way through the penalty.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

How about they make it a bonus skill? You would have acquire elite captain skill points to get it. This way players don't lose their elite status. I really think we could use it

I like the idea but to avoid the possibility of seal clubbing at lower tiers with effectively a 20 pt captain in a premium ship, how about the bonus point is tied to the ship, not the captain itself. If the captain moves to another ship, it moves as a 19pt and the bonus point remains with the ship. 

Each ship could then have a maximum of one bonus captain skill point and can only be purchased when a 19 pt is trained to that ship. Lastly, the cost of this bonus point should be quite high. 300,000 XP is needed for the 19th point therefore, I could see a cost of 500,000 for the bonus point.

What do you think?

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

I like the idea but to avoid the possibility of seal clubbing at lower tiers with effectively a 20 pt captain in a premium ship, how about the bonus point is tied to the ship, not the captain itself. If the captain moves to another ship, it moves as a 19pt and the bonus point remains with the ship. 

Each ship could then have a maximum of one bonus captain skill point and can only be purchased when a 19 pt is trained to that ship. Lastly, the cost of this bonus point should be quite high. 300,000 XP is needed for the 19th point therefore, I could see a cost of 500,000 for the bonus point.

What do you think?

I like that idea.  Would make sense to keep players with having 20 pt captains at tier 4