You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Chat Band

23 comments in this topic

[SAA]
Members
820 posts
26,845 battles

How do you know if you have been "Chat Band"?  Or is there a setting that removes the in game chat?  Cant seem to get anything when I hit "enter" in game.

Edited by Turbotush

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

Is that something like a Boy/Girl/Hair Band?

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,949 posts
7,305 battles
8 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

How do you know if you have been "Chat Band"?  Or is there a setting that removes the in game chat?  Cant seem to get anything when I hit "shift" in game.

4 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Is that something like a Boy/Girl/Hair Band?

Is there a discord for this Chat Band? What songs do you play?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Sorry, couldn't resist. You mean chat banned. I'm not sure about the answer as I have not been banned.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Well if you're serious, you get this big long message that pops up telling you that indeed you are banned until such a date and time. 

What's likely happened to you, since you never get bans, is you may have accidentally turned chat off. Use the CTRL + LMB on the little icon where chat sits, see if you may have done that, right? Right! 

(and howdy)

• Cool 2

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If it says you're banned, it because a number of peeps in game have reported you.

This usually happens when someone mouths off in chat, but it's also possible that you can be targeted by a division. 

Let it run its course, and be wary what you say in chat. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,949 posts
7,305 battles
5 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Chat ban

We figured, it was just too funny the other way. :)

At least you are not a nood, right @skull_122_steel? :)

• Cool 2

[SAA]
Members
820 posts
26,845 battles
18 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well if you're serious, you get this big long message that pops up telling you that indeed you are banned until such a date and time. 

What's likely happened to you, since you never get bans, is you may have accidentally turned chat off. Use the CTRL + LMB on the little icon where chat sits, see if you may have done that, right? Right! 

(and howdy)

Thanks Reitz, but it still is disabled.  I think I'll have to send in a ticket.

(and howdy back my friend!)

[SAA]
Members
820 posts
26,845 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

We figured, it was just too funny the other way. :)

At least you are not a nood, right @skull_122_steel? :)

LOL!  I try not to be, but I do have my "Noob" moments.  :Smile_honoring:

[SAA]
Members
820 posts
26,845 battles
6 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

If it says you're banned, it because a number of peeps in game have reported you.

This usually happens when someone mouths off in chat, but it's also possible that you can be targeted by a division. 

Oh I get how it works, I just have never been, nor do I ever want to do something that gets me chat banned.  The problem is now I can communicate with the team and it is effecting how I play.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
29 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

This and if you really think, review the replay looking at the chat to make sure you didn't trigger the reports, you can appeal with a ticket to support. Support is unlikely to resolve it before the ban goes off but it will be off your record as far as possible future bans which can be longer.

latest?cb=20170610075953

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
18 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Oh I get how it works, I just have never been, nor do I ever want to do something that gets me chat banned.  The problem is now I can communicate with the team and it is effecting how I play.

Map clicks, play in a division and they can do the communicating.

Members
3,774 posts
2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

How do you know if you have been "Chat Band"?  Or is there a setting that removes the in game chat?  Cant seem to get anything when I hit "enter" in game.

If you try to chat when you are chat banned you will get a pretty message that looks like this.  You will know if you are chat banned lol.

15qpto4.jpg

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Chat ban often comes as a result of: "I don't like how he is hurting my feelings because he's telling me how much I suck", or something like "he's questioning my sanity because I am bragging in chat about the groupie I was involved in last night and making "your mum" jokes in chat." 

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
2 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Chat ban often comes as a result of: "I don't like how he is hurting my feelings because he's telling me how much I suck", or something like "he's questioning my sanity because I am bragging in chat about the groupie I was involved in last night and making "your mum" jokes in chat." 

True but there are more than a few people that come across in a way that invites reports.. For example, "Why the hell did you go there you stupid idiot?!? You should have gone here." instead of "You shouldn't have gone there, this would have been better." Which one is more likely to get people to report you?

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,249 posts
5,674 battles
6 hours ago, Turbotush said:

You accidentally disabled chat in game. Log in and jump into a battle. Press ALT+F4 and you will be able to chat again.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
6 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

You accidentally disabled chat in game. Log in and jump into a battle. Press ALT+F4 and you will be able to chat again.

Hiding the chat window only works for that match and should reappear for the next one.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but there are more than a few people that come across in a way that invites reports.. For example, "Why the hell did you go there you stupid idiot?!? You should have gone here." instead of "You shouldn't have gone there, this would have been better." Which one is more likely to get people to report you?

Of course the first one. I try to be as nice as I possibly can, and on most days I'm usually not too 'flamed up', but it seems to me no matter how I respond I'm always told to shut up and not tell them how they could have played better.

[WOLFB]
Members
616 posts
21,868 battles

Chat band only plays "Highway to Hell"

more chat band!

Edited by fbrrhd