You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Renown

Could we get another British premium, please?

105 comments in this topic

Members
51 posts
49 battles

I know that Cossack is "in the works," but it would be nice to see something else coming down the pipe for the long-time under-represented Royal Navy.

Some thoughts off the top of my head would be:

Tier VIII: Vanguard

02_hms_vanguard.jpg

Tier VI: Revenge

6aad0da0ae1cd795f6cc35d15635c601.jpg

Tier VI: Repulse (saving Renown for a BC tree).

HMS+Repulse.jpg

Tier VII: London

HMS_London_tow.jpg

Tier V: Agincourt

05_hms_agincourt.jpg

Tier  IV: Erin (or Canada - whatever). 

744mlw65lj2z.jpg

Tier VII: Dido

HMS_Argonaut.png

Tier V: Exeter (basically a British version of Aoba... although I actually prefer York, her sister, though my guess is she's tech tree fodder). 

1024px-HMS_Exeter_(68)_off_Coco_Solo_c19

Tier VI: Abdiel (yes, okay, I know a mine-laying cruiser is a pipe-dream... but they had such lovely lines. And look at that speed!). 

HMS_Abdiel_(M39).jpg

Clearly, nothing can happen immediately. But I'd love to know that something other than Cossack/Haida was on the way. 

Edited by Battlecruiser_Renown
  • Cool 9

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

+1 Agincourt

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,339 posts
3,555 battles

Yes.. Ever since Belfast was shelved I hav ebeen looking forward to a new British Premium CA/CL 

Give me a cruiser and cossack, that + haida and mass will keep me occupied for a bit. 

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles

i vote for agincourt,revenge are just nerfed QE while renown is a battlecruiser,and if they follow hood's way,it wont be a "fun" ship .

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,138 posts
3,080 battles

I wish Belfast would make a return. Alas, I know it's just a pipe dream and my AL captain Belfest is left without her name sake ship forever.

Nevertheless, I agree that a new RN Premium cruiser would be a definite plus.

[5BS]
Members
4,459 posts

You are at least the 9001'st person to point out Vanguard.

How about something that isn't just a T8 Hood? Like a G3, or an N3? Or a County? Or Ark Royal? Or any R Class? Or Repulse? Or any of the WWI era CC's? Or a Battle Class? Or a Daring? Or a Dido? Or about 40 other ship classes totally unrepresented in game?

And of course.

Where

The

[edited]

Is

Dreadnought?

Edited by _RC1138

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts

Agincourt would be fun.

Or a British battlecruiser if they follow the Kronstahdt pattern of making battle cruisers "cruisers."

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

And of course.

Where

The

[edited]

Is

Dreadnought?

And, of course there is this.

[TAZ]
Members
390 posts

A BC from another nation would be good; But you know that no other nation's battlecruiser will compare to what they have done to Kronstadt or Stalingrad.

[5BS]
Members
4,459 posts
8 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

A BC

CC... ffs, Battlecruisers are abbreviated CC, as in CC-1 Lexington, CC-2 Saratoga, ect.

• Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
778 posts
4,726 battles
32 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

if they follow hood's way,it wont be a "fun" ship

I really don't get the Hood hatred, I seem to not have much difficulty wrecking things with her.  +1 for Repulse and ... well ... everything else here.

-R

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
40 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Yes.. Ever since Belfast was shelved I hav ebeen looking forward to a new British Premium CA/CL 

Give me a cruiser and cossack, that + haida and mass will keep me occupied for a bit. 

Please show your support for HMS Sheffield!

31 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I wish Belfast would make a return. Alas, I know it's just a pipe dream and my AL captain Belfest is left without her name sake ship forever.

Nevertheless, I agree that a new RN Premium cruiser would be a definite plus.

Seeing as Konig Albert is back in the premium shop, who's to say Belfast won't reappear one day? Keep your fingers crossed. :Smile_Default:

Members
51 posts
49 battles
31 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You are at least the 9001'st person to point out Vanguard.

How about something that isn't just a T8 Hood? Like a G3, or an N3? Or a County? Or Ark Royal? Or any R Class? Or Repulse? Or any of the WWI era CC's? Or a Battle Class? Or a Daring? Or a Dido? Or about 40 other ship classes totally unrepresented in game?

And of course.

Where

The

[edited]

Is

Dreadnought?

Vanguard is obvious because it is... obvious. It'd be an interesting play at tier 8 - an Iowa-equivalent with (supercharged [I hope]) tier 6 guns.

I'd like to think G3 is the eventual tier IX of a BC tree. 

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,593 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

CC... ffs, Battlecruisers are abbreviated CC, as in CC-1 Lexington, CC-2 Saratoga, ect.

To be fair, the designation used for the original Lexingtons is relatively unknown and BC could be a reasonable  idea for BattleCruiser. It's like how some people will call cruisers CAs even when they're facing Brits. Not technically correct, but it gets the point across.

[PVE]
Members
493 posts
4,066 battles

London or Dido, we need a RN cruiser again. Light or heavy, I don't really care. I am okay with Warspite for my BB commander trainer. But we are short a propper RN cruiser trainer.

Heck, just take radar and HE away from Belfast and rename it, I don't care.

[HINON]
7,175 posts
2,029 battles
5 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Renown said:

Vanguard is obvious because it is... obvious. It'd be an interesting play at tier 8 - an Iowa-equivalent with (supercharged [I hope]) tier 6 guns.

I'd like to think G3 is the eventual tier IX of a BC tree. 

Except those superchargeed guns would still be weaker than Bismarck or Monarch's guns - the weakest at tier VIII. I wouldn't quite go so far as to call her an Iowa-equivalent.

That being said, while I'm a bit tired of RN BB premiums, I'd love to see a RN cruiser premium - Sheffield and Exeter are at the top of that list.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,577 battles

Yes please. I could do with another inferior KGV clone. Seriously, no more BBs for now. 

My vote is for either a Dido-class cruiser or Sheffield.

Members
51 posts
49 battles
4 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Except those superchargeed guns would still be weaker than Bismarck or Monarch's guns - the weakest at tier VIII. I wouldn't quite go so far as to call her an Iowa-equivalent.

That being said, while I'm a bit tired of RN BB premiums, I'd love to see a RN cruiser premium - Sheffield and Exeter are at the top of that list.

I think that vould be the whole point with Vanguard - an extremely beefy HP pool speedster with strong AA but utterly unimpressive main guns. I mean, I guess that's Hood, but only because Wargaming gave her that ridiculous consumable. I imagine Vanguard's AA would be passively oriented.

To be honest, Vanguard is not at the top of my list, either. I want Repulse, Dido, and London. But anything would be better than nothing.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Renown

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,655 posts
9,964 battles

A non-battleship premium for the RN would be nice.

Not much point getting excited when Cossack has taken more than 6 months and is hardly in-sight. WG could announce Dido, Sheffield and Exeter tomorrow and yeah, that'll be nice in late 2019.

As for Vanguard...

ZjsIJbg.png

I think she could do T8 though, if Huanghe can be bodged into T6 then anything's possible really...

[HINON]
7,175 posts
2,029 battles
Just now, Battlecruiser_Renown said:

I think that vould be the whole point with Vanguard - an extremely beefy HP pool speedster with strong AA but utterly unimpressive nain guns. I mean, I guess that's Hood, but only because Wargaming gave her that ridiculous consumable. I imagine Vanguard's AA would be passively oriented.

I mean, it's not at the top of my list, either. I was Repulse, Dido, and London. But anything would be better than nothing.

She does have a lot of health, but her armor isn't that impressive - slightly worse than KGV/Monarch iirc, and her AA is a bit of a 'not all that glitters is gold'. The DP AA would be dismal, and the mid-range AA would be great - but it's confined to 3.5 km, so if you want to reach 5 km you've got to build for it. It's also going to be wiped out in a few HE salvoes, which is a guranteed occurrence for a Battleship.

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,593 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

ZjsIJbg.png

She was at least built in contrast to most of the tier IX and X ships.

• Cool 2

[MIA-A]
Members
2,010 posts
9,599 battles

Dido is far more a T6. It only looks like an Atlanta on the surface. The ROF is much lower having less guns which fire more slowly. Here are the ingame stats on her 134mm guns (as found on KGV). 
6.7s reload (9 RPM)
1900 HE Alpha
8.1 DPS @4.5km for AA

We can guess on the AP being around 2500 Alpha. The 2x3 torps would probably be the same as Fiji's with 72 second reload, 15,866 alpha, and 62 kts.  The rest of the AA DPS works out to 2x4 12.7mm and 2x4 40mm for 4.2 DPS at 1.2km and 25.8 DPS at 2.49km, respectively. 

In addition, Atlanta even outweighs Dido by some 1000 tons. We can expect a HP pool of around 22,000 (between Danae and Emerald). 

All this adds up to a ship that isn't T7 material, and T6 at best. Doesn't mean I don't really want her.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman