You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Legendary mods - Which would be useful in Clan Battles/Random Battles

18 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,356 posts
14,601 battles

Okay this came out yesterday -

Legendary Mods- 0.7.6

So, which would  be useful in Clan Battles or Random Battles?

I've watched Flamu's video on this:

His take on the modules

The only ones that seems's to be straight upgrades according to him would be:

1. Zao - Decrease the rudder shift time and extend the gun range. Add the 12 km torps soon to be implemented and you'd have a flexible open water HE spammer. Straight up upgrade  according to Flamu. Since I'm not a fan of the island waifu play style , it's attractive to me.

2. Mino - 3 minutes of smoke max?  Useful  in Random but not sure about usefulness in Clan Battles.

3. Republique - Decrease loading time.  Be stupid not to take it according to Flamu.

The others would be at most side grades. Though the module for the gearing - 5.6 km concealment in return for 15% loss of dpm - might be useful in Clan Battles.

So anyone else's take on it?

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
11 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Legendary Mods- 0.7.6

His take on the modules

1. Zao - Decrease the rudder shift time and extend the gun range. Add the 12 km torps soon to be implemented and you'd have a flexible open water HE spammer. Straight up upgrade  according to Flamu. Since I'm not a fan of the island waifu play style , it's attractive to me.

2. Mino - 3 minutes of smoke max?  Useful  in Random but not sure about usefulness in Clan Battles.

3. Republique - Decrease loading time.  Be stupid not to take it according to Flamu.

The others would be at most side grades. Though the module for the gearing - 5.6 km concealment in return for 15% loss of dpm - might be useful in Clan Battles.

Urgh is there a list of them cant quite remember them

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles

The Montana, Hindenburg for sure (both with a build for survival) , and maybe the Yammy if you play it in CBs.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,559 battles

I would personally not take the Gearing one @Bill_Halsey . 

Concealment isnt as huge of a deal in CW as randoms. Radar being the great equalizer will just negate that extra concealment in 8/10 situations you can use it to your advantage. 

I would state that the mk16's with the legendary mod are going to be more of a pup stomping build, while the standard Gearing build with the long range Mk 17's and epic short range DPM will be viable for CW due to the meta in that arena. 

I am sure some will use it to great effect, however I will not use the mod for CW. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If it were me, I'd wait at least a few days after they're all live and ask this question again.

That'll give the masses time to try them out. You'll get the benefit of others trying them out at no cost to you.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Legendary Mods- 0.7.6

I guess depends on how much you hate fire, but Montana could be worth it. In competitive I could see it used a lot. Takes up slot 5 so no concealment, but you’re usually spotted as a BB in competitive anyway. You can lower your burn time down to 29s for a total of 8.7% of your health per fire. You can heal a max of 16.8% of your hp back. That means you can let all the fires burn the full time and only lose 9.3% of your hp (from fires after healing). That adds a lot of survivability imo. The flooding part could help but is less likely to save you. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,154 posts
8,766 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Legendary Mods- 0.7.6

His take on the modules

Some of them are obvious no brainers while others like the Republic mod, that is a lot of range to give up particularly if like myself you prefer to maneuver over bow tanking, have big negatives too.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
2 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

The Montana, Hindenburg for sure (both with a build for survival) , and maybe the Yammy if you play it in CBs.

I'm unconvinced by the Montana LegMod.  I don't see any where near enough value out of that thing, particularly since you have to give up the Concealment mod to take it.  The Hindenburg, OTOH, that one is scary good!!!  

The Yammy LegMod looks good if long range gunnery is your thing, but OMG that slow Yammy turret traverse just gets 19% slower!  It might be good for randoms, but I'm not so sure that one would want to use it in CBs.  The Yammy's LegMod is probably one people will want to try out for themselves to get a feel for.

Honestly, I don't like a lot of these legendary modules, because for a fair number of ships, the cost to use the LegMod is just too high, whether due to the mod's internal penalties or the loss of the regular upgrade module that you'd use in that upgrade slot or both.

IMO, these legendary modules should be one hell of a lot more consistent in the value they bring to each ship.  They might not be quite so iffy, if all LegMods had their own special 7th upgrade slot, so that they were a bonus on top of every other module the ship mounted.  But as they currently are, some of these mods just don't bring enough value to justify even using them if the cost of doing so it too high.  And that's kinda sad to me.

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,665 battles

One that people seem to be forgetting is the HIV module might now make it a viable ship in CB because of the ROF increase. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,296 battles

After watching Flamu, I'm interested in the ones for Henri, Zao, Grozovoi, Hindenburg, and Minotaur. Pass on all the rest.

[WOLF9]
Members
23 posts
3,689 battles

Except for the Zao you're not extending the gun range considering you're giving up GFSCM2 in using the legendary.   You're giving up a 16% range boost for 8% range boost, a dispersion buff and the rudder buff.  

Considering the Zao torp changes and extra wigglyness you get for kiting the rudder shift buff may be a big deal, I guess I haven't really found the Zao dispersion really lacking.   I'll certainly give it a try, though it'll probably just be changing the kind of potato I am, maybe from a lumpy mashed to a slightly smoother mashed....

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

The Yammy LegMod looks good if long range gunnery is your thing, but OMG that slow Yammy turret traverse just gets 19% slower!  It might be good for randoms, but I'm not so sure that one would want to use it in CBs.  The Yammy's LegMod is probably one people will want to try out for themselves to get a feel for.

It doesn't get 19% slower, it is 6% slower than the Main Battery Mod 3, unless of course you don't use the Main Battery Mod 3 which I don't see why you wouldn't over the other upgrades in slot 6, Yamato's turret are slow and making it slower ain't gonna change a thing on Yamato's play style.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
11 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

It doesn't get 19% slower, it is 6% slower than the Main Battery Mod 3, unless of course you don't use the Main Battery Mod 3 which I don't see why you wouldn't over the other upgrades in slot 6, Yamato's turret are slow and making it slower ain't gonna change a thing on Yamato's play style.

Whatever.

The fact is that the Yammy's LegMod is one of the better ones. And there are too many of these LegMods that just plain blow.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,154 posts
8,766 battles
51 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

42 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Whatever.

The fact is that the Yammy's LegMod is one of the better ones. And there are too many of these LegMods that just plain blow.

The way they are showing -19% to traverse is the opposite of what that should be unless they meant +19%. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

Whatever.

The current stats on the Yamato's mod is that it gets a -6% reload on its guns as opposed to the -12% reload on the MBM 3 so you're trading a bit of reload time and a bit slower traverse for -7% dispersion buff. Not quite a clear better one compared to the previous stats where it's just the turret traverse that is a bit slower.

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

Des Moines is absolutely no go in any type of competitive. In fact, it's bad even for Random. Who the hell sacrifices gun range AND radar to make such a fragile ship a better open water brawler? Give her a 30mm upper belt like on Zao/Hindy/Moskva and then we'll talk. Honestly, I personally wish that she'd gotten the Zao upgrade. Speaking of which ... I think everyone should take that upgrade on the Zao. it's just too good.

Battleship Hindy becomes even more so with this mod, lol. I already use her with the slot 5 rudder mod and she seems fine at those concealment ranges, so I'd say it's pretty decent.

Moskva i wouldn't take. The upgrade makes her better at long range gunnery, but Moskva's radar is dearly needed in competitive, so she needs to get closer, not further. I'm not sure about Henri's as it makes her better at very long range HE spam, but I get the impression cruiser play is a much closer affair in competitive. I could be mistaken of course.

i wouldn't take the Minotaur one in competitive. A lot of Minotaur's use radar in competitive and concealment range is key there. It's a pretty good upgrade, mind you. Just not sure how effective it would be in competitive.

Worcester ... depends. In a team game with lots of communication where your team can capitalize on your support power, yes. In ranked where you are playing solo, that concealment may be sorely missed.

Gearing is very meh. Getting a bit better concealment is nice BUT every DD in competitive has Radio Location to close the few hundred extra meters, and everyone has Hydro and Radar. So you're better off with gun and torpedo DPM. I'm not sure the Z-52 one is worth it either. I'd maybe consider losing a little concealment for better gun reload, but just torpedoes? Eh.

Grozovoi is godly. Nothing short. She already has amazing guns and mediocre torpedo power. May as well make her guns even better. Apparently, there are people who prefer the torpedo reload. Apparently, there are people that like the strawberry portion of Neapolitan ice cream, too ;)

Khab is ... well, you don't take Khab into competitive. Period.

Yueyang's upgrade is GAAAAAAAARBBBBAAAAAGGE. I mean, so fantastically bad. Miserably, horribly, utterly ... well, you get the idea. 

Midway? Hell, no. Not that Midways are ever used in competitive, mind you.

Hakuryu? Hell, yes! It's a straight up buff to Flight Control Modification 2. Same aircraft speed buff, better fighter HP, zero tradeoff. It's about as balanced against the Midway's as the IJN line in general is against the USN one, lol. Which is to say it's significantly better and likely always will be. I don't hold out much hope for the rework. Sure, the game play may be better, but USN carriers will probably still suck by comparison ;)

Kurfurst one would be amazing for Randoms, but I believe people typically go for survival builds on her in competitive, so less useful there. Still ... she does get a rate of fire increase too, so maybe it's still better. Not worried about the loss of range. It's not she could land shells at her base max range anyway.

Montana might be very nice for Randoms, but not sure about competitive. Do most Montana players keep moving in competitive or do they stay anchored in  spot just outside concealment? A lot of people focus on the fire and flood reduction, but for me, it's the rudder shift that catches my eye. Montana is such a sluggish ship at it's base. 

Yamato's kept getting nerfed. Now, you get worse traverse and even worse reload for a bit better dispersion on a ship that already has great dispersion and the best sigma in the game. It was OP at first, then it was balanced, now it's kinda bad. I wouldn't take it, personally. The second iteration was just fine and they should have kept it there.

Republique loses a ton of range ... but she also had a totally useless range previously. Like Kurfurst, her dispersion at long range is garbage, and like Kurfurst, she's a bit of a brawler. So may as well maximize gunnery DPM and get closer.

Conqueror loses 10% concealment in exchange for a much more comfortable turret traverse and rudder shift. I'd say it's not bad. But I also don't play the ship and don't really know how necessary her absurd 11km or so concealment actually is.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The way they are showing -19% to traverse is the opposite of what that should be unless they meant +19%. 

No it's correct since the entire wording is "main turrets traverse speed"

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,154 posts
8,766 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

No it's correct since the entire wording is "main turrets traverse speed"

Which means I am looking at it backwards. :Smile_facepalm: I am probably having a senior moment but I thought that it used to be "Main turrets traverse time" ?