You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Infinity_Eagle

When WOWS Goes to console

37 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertest Coordinator
276 posts
4,430 battles

Just another market to add, not a problem. WOT moved to console and have no more or less problems than PC.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
34 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

More kids with PSN and XBOX Live accounts will surely benefit gameplay and the meta.

They'll be playing on separate servers from us.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles
23 minutes ago, fang_cloudeye said:

WOT moved to console and have no more or less problems than PC.

Except the console version gets cool stuff that the PC version doesn't get, like dynamic weather..

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How different will their version be from ours?

I have no way of knowing. It's only been announced that it exists. If I know any supertesterly details I wouldn't be able to tell you anyways.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

Except the console version gets cool stuff that the PC version doesn't get, like dynamic weather..

Yes, because we haven't had rain effects and cyclones for a very long time yet, and we're certainly not getting a night battle operation in the very next patch.

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yes, because we haven't had rain effects and cyclones for a very long time yet.

Tanks does not have those things, and tanks was the game the post I was quoting was talking about.

[MWM]
Supertest Coordinator
276 posts
4,430 battles

Well we will see what they do with the console version when they get it going, but with the NDA WG will have in place I can say that most people wont see it till it hits open beta.

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles
1 hour ago, ramp4ge said:

We also still have the six shot Waffle AND the Grille, 275 pen Death Star, 1300-meter maps that are hot garbage, arty is still broken, and no meaningful balance updates in literally more than a year.

Thank god the console dev team will be getting nowhere near this thing. :cap_win:

[UFFA]
Members
525 posts
29 battles

It should be a separate team as a separate team does WoT consoles afaik. Someone will educate me shortly. :cap_popcorn:

Example:

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/community/dev-map-design/

We've said many times that we don't just "port" maps from the PC version of the game (BigWorld); rather, we "rebuild" them for our custom console engine (Despair).

Here's how many team members (names not given to protect the innocent) are directly involved with creating these maps, so you can understand the volume of work produced by a relatively small group of dedicated, tank-loving people:

5 Environmental Artists
1 Lead Environmental Artist
1 F/X Artist
2 Lighting / Tech Artists
1 Designer (that's me! - Chad Steingraber, Sr. Game Designer)
Here's an overview of the process, or what we call the "pipeline:"

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts

The FAQ on their forums answers most of these questions. Its a new game built from the ground up using assets from the PC game.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
525 posts
29 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The FAQ on their forums answers most of these questions. Its a new game built from the ground up using assets from the PC game.

And the baseline is something with more power than a typical russian potato so they can actually show AA? jk!!! :Smile_hiding:

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles
2 hours ago, Infinity_Eagle said:

Just wondering if WG are hiring new people for this or just taking people away from the PC version of the game?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/162292-world-of-warships-is-coming-to-console/?tab=comments#comment-3839688

https://wowslegends.com/

Phil had already answered the question. Intro FAQ.

[WGA]
Administrator
661 posts
249 battles

As mentioned above (thanks for linking that tubro07) these are completely different teams within the same development studio.  The console work shouldn't have an impact on the existing Roadmap for World of Warships PC. 

• Cool 1

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles
9 hours ago, ramp4ge said:

That's the advantage of no hardware variation in the playerbase I'm thinking.

• Cool 1

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles
11 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Oh, interesting. How different will their version be from ours?

No CVs(at the moment, they seem to be waiting for the PC version to straighten out the rework), that's all I know about since it's in their FAQ.

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/20-intro-faq/

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,903 posts
3,292 battles

Okay, considering all the buttons required... I am curious as to how this'll play out on a console... I don't have a console to participate in the Alpha test sadly.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

That's the advantage of no hardware variation in the playerbase I'm thinking.

Plus innate hardware support for some of the effects used.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,175 posts
3,096 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Okay, considering all the buttons required... I am curious as to how this'll play out on a console... I don't have a console to participate in the Alpha test sadly.

I have one of the consoles required, but honestly I don't feel like participating, lol. I don't have a lot of free time per day and I don't want to split it between this version and the console version.

Besides, I made myself cozy and warm (?) on this version so I don't feel like starting from scratch either, lol.

It would be a lie if I say my interest wasn't peaked though. :fish_cute_2:

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,884 battles

I played on a friends Xbox once a long time ago and told him to get a PC. I never played another console game again, are they better than a PC now? Somehow I doubt it.

[ONE]
Members
570 posts
8,610 battles
15 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I played on a friends Xbox once a long time ago and told him to get a PC. I never played another console game again, are they better than a PC now? Somehow I doubt it.

Until the console is too old to be supported, you put a new game in you know you will get the graphics to work as expected without messing up the graphic settings if you are to play on PC. The cost of a console is equal to a lower end laptop or PC. There are less things to go wrong for a console. PC you bound to have other things running that can cause issues.

I play WoT Console first on Xbox 360 and have been on Xbox One for 2+ years.

Members
1,781 posts
17,372 battles
23 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You would have to clarify that "long time ago" in order to get a quantifiable answer to that question :-)

BTW...did your friend get a PC?

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
On 6/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, Blorgh2017 said:

I have one of the consoles required, but honestly I don't feel like participating, lol. I don't have a lot of free time per day and I don't want to split it between this version and the console version.

Yeah same with that Blitz, starting over again seems pointless. Linking accounts somehow might have increased interest but I find the very idea of doing another grind for the same game just idiotic. Since console players are on a different server, this has zero impact on the game for those of us using the computer version. It may become some sort of console hit, but since they are starting from scratch, I doubt there will be lots of interest especially considering the competition found on that platform.