Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

I'm starting to feel that most of the players in the game are "parasitic".

65 comments in this topic

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

As much as we love it when we get to deal damage, get kills, or even carry the team, when we witness other players constantly failing to pull their weight or even give a rat's [edited]about doing something (and consequently lose the match), it gets very exhausting. I will share a couple of stories from tonight:

1. Atlanta-Hotspot Tier 6-8 match I pushed A with some team mates, used cover to set fire and deal IFHE damage to their New Mexico, Budyonny, Shchors and Cleveland. I expected my team to finish off the Gneiseneau, but they left him alive at almost full HP (he managed to go around the bis island) and that put him in a position to be one of the ships that later surrounded me. So I didn't want to be duel a Gneiseneau alone, and he was coming around the island, so I went with the rest of my teammates at A and proceeded to rendezvous with the rest of the team. Unfortunately, the team holding the other flank (we decided to push A, contest D) were being picked off like flies. My teammates at A rushed into the fray and were massacred. I had no choice but to take up position behind an island near the center of the map (it was a PONR really) and realizing the inevitable loss I just wanted to get off as much as damage as I could before sinking. That Gneiseneau eventually caught with me but didn't kill me. It was the enemy Cleveland and North Carolina that closed in on me. Before I sunk I managed to set an irreparable fire on the Gneieseneau and racked up 95k damage by the time the fire finished burning. I check to see the mini-map. The Bayern division on my team was doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the far SW corner of the map. I criticized them for not knowing how to play German battleships and urged them to move up and get into the fight. Eventually they started moving towards the enemy, when the enemy had 920 points. One of the guys told me to STFU.

2. Atlanta-Land of Fire Tier 6-8 match  Not much happened for the first 10 minutes of the match, I dealt 21k damage to a Hood and got the kill. I saw that the enemy was clearly trying to flank us and take the base, so I warned the guys on my team that I knew we were going to get flanked. And we obviously were. I was ignored, and out of desperation, decided to do something myself with the "support" of our NC and another Tier 8 BB that were both at least 10km from me. I fired at the enemy Bismarck pushing in, he made a turn and tried to ambush me from an island, but two of my "try my luck", 4.4km torpedoes hit that derp and sunk him. I got a double strike on the enemy Cleveland that was at low HP, and sunk another enemy cruiser. 131k damage, 4 kills, 1 Double Strike. Meanwhile, almost all of my team was doing absolutely NOTHING at the 9 and 10 lines. Barely moving, not fighting. I took down 3 of the reds going for the base, but that did not inspire my team to take any action. I was absolutely pissed and I typed in chat: "What the hell are you all doing? Having a picnic on the ocean?" Again, I was told to STFU. Eventually enemy NC and a cruiser started capping our base, that was when the friendly NC and another BB FINALLY moved in to guard the base, but for goodness sake they couldn't shoot. By then there was about six minutes left in the battle, a lone cruiser decides to cap the enemy base, but obviously the enemy had 2 or 3 ships that returned to the base to prevent that exact possibility. He was sunk. After I died I checked the stats of my team mates. Not a single one with over 50% overall win rate. My team managed to kill 6 enemy ships. 4 were killed by me. I already knew we might lose when the friendly DD went to have a map edge duel with the enemy DD instead of spotting for us as the only DD. 

3. Two Brothers-Tier 5-7 match  So we decided to push the east side and guard the west side. I decided to go east because of the better island cover for my Atlanta. The west flank FAILED to notice a full health enemy KGV pushing down the middle until he was already out of the channel, and even then it took 3 ships to put him down. The remaining guys on the Western flank YOLOed and most of them died. The guys on the eastern flank could barely land any shots on the enemy ships, allowing them to escape and regroup with the west. Eventually it was me and a Scharnhorst, and 2 other guys left, we were facing the decisive lemming train of 7 enemy ships, almost all of them were at 50% health or higher. Shchors, Leander, New York, New Orleans, and enemy Gajah Mada were all closing in on the Scharnhorst and I. I had no choice but to fight in open water, I WASD as hard as I could, landed a few shots on the enemy DD before he smoked up (my radar was gone by then), and managed to deal 60k damage and a couple of cap defenses before going down. The Scharnhorst tried the best he could, but against such overwhelming odds we were fish in a barrel. One of the other guys praised me and the Scharnhorst for our valiant stand, I thanked him for it, but it was clearly a hopeless cause. Out of the 5 enemies my team managed to kill, 2 were killed by me.

4. Trap-Tier 7-9 match So we agree to push and hold B and C. The enemy pushes both, but several ships (battleships) are either facing away from the battle or sitting there and taking pot shots instead of taking an active defensive stance. In the end, those campers and cowards were picked off one by one. Edinburgh and I took up position at the big island on the edge of B, we took shots at enemy Fletcher and Z-23 and held them off for a while. I racked up 60k damage, and we were waiting for the rest of the team to come back into the fight (the enemies at C were either dead or had escaped by then), and we would rendezvous at B where the enemy had their main force. After resisting the advance on C, our teammates continued to sit there and do nothing. Edinburgh and I were being flanked by a Cleveland, an Alabama, a KGV, an Amagi, a Buffalo, and a Colorado. Of course we didn't last long, he used up his last puff of smoke but Cleveland's radar found me and I had to get moving as he died. I wasn't killed, but the enemy soon won on points and the last death on my team that gave the enemy the win was our Missouri.

I'm a green player with a 52% solo and overall win rate. I am proud to announce that due to stories like these that happened tonight, my WR has dropped from 52.51% to 52.14% (overall) and 52.14% solo to 52.03% solo. I'm only a slightly above average player that has no business nor the ability to constantly make up for the total failures of my team mates. I doubt even someone like Flamu, Notser, iChase or Spyder would have been able to carry the team to a win. I was clearly pulling my weight, or pulling more than my weight even when up-tiered, while the 8s and 9s were performing abysmally. Since tonight, I'm starting to feel more and more that most players in the game simply have a parasitic mindset which makes me wonder what they look like / how they behave / how they think when it comes to pretty much anything else. Parasitic lifestyles are an indicator of clinical psychopathy, and i wonder how many players in the game would actually qualify as psychopaths, considering their sheer lack of sympathy and remorse when they don't even try to contribute, while talking smack at those that do.

P.S. Why is even Tier 7 being up-tiered so frequently? Is Halsey campaign flooding MM with high tier potatoes? HOW did they even GET to Tiers 7-10? I wonder how that guy on my team managed to get a Missouri. Usually Tier 7's top tier a lot. If Halsey campaign is going to be permanent, why do these people feel an urgency to play the part requiring Tier 8-10 ships here and now? Statistically it's highly unlikely that such a large % of them happen to be at that stage.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
415 posts
6,193 battles
2 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

HOW did they even GET to Tiers 7-10?

Everything is possible with a FAT wallet

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
415 posts
6,193 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I am rich, therefore I am. That kills the gameplay.

Every game has it.

Most of the people think "MONEY solves everything", "I need to buy premium stuff to be da best"

[VW]
Members
1,846 posts
12,290 battles

sadly the lack of combativeness has spread to all tiers. couple nights ago i queued up black swan for fun. both teams literally spent 5 min sitting there doing nothing. i expect that in a tier 10 match, now it's come to tier 1! yesterday i played tier 3 Mehtori for laughs. same deal, players waiting for minutes prior to moving to engage. one can only hope it's summer syndrome, however i'm not so sure.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Summer: When greens and blues might as well be purple. Also today I accidentally TK a friendly Gnevny who had 257 HP, he was trying to smoke up but bumped into me when he was reversing. 

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
8 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Switch ships when it doesn't work out. It is not easy to carry in an Atlanta.

Yeah I'll try doing that. Recently I've been playing so much Lolanta because it's fun, I've done well in it, and 'm worried that without enough practice I'll struggle with Helena / Boise once they're released. After the Cleveland was moved to Tier 8 I lost practice with the USN lower caliber guns, that was part of the reason why I got an Atlanta along with how I had always wanted to try her out.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[DENY]
Members
301 posts
4,433 battles
35 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How did they even GET to Tiers 7-10? I

Cleveland was t6 now these guys got a t8 that a whole different world 

Members
19 posts
7,280 battles

Eh, thats the beauty of this type of game. Your going to have to deal with people who lack skills or people who intentionally sail off to the edge of the map. Or otherwise, try to throw matches for god knows why , And then you get the ones who like to shoot across your bow while you move into position out of spite?? Or the ones who get so wrapped up in arguments mid game they might as well be afk. I guess im trying to say is some matches you get a team some matches you babysit a bunch of &**&%%$& and burn . Im not the best and suck at passive play but ive learned like everything else you have to take the good with the bad. And dont worry about your ratings you can manipulate easy enough, play fewer games and your rating will soar if your reasonably good. Ive been a unicum on several ocassions not for long though, and im here to have fun. Unless you can take out 2-3 ships every match getting anywhere above 50 percent or so isnt going to happen.  After all your a mere mortal not jingles have fun hope to see you out there.

• Cool 1

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
2 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Cleveland was t6 now these guys got a t8 that a whole different world 

And the vast majority don't know how to play it, even when it was at Tier 6. I see Clevelands in open water duels with Alsaces and Missouris. If I played Tier 8 and saw Tier 10 I'm sure I'd see many Cleveland drivers thinking they are the David that can take down a goliath like GK, Montana, Yamato, Republique, Zao, Hindenburg etc.

[STW]
Members
280 posts
6,321 battles

When the only incentive of winning is winning you get a game full players don't care about winning lol. You have seen topics about winrate/stats and the general attitudes of wows pop..most players just do not care about all that stuff they just want pew pew die go back port and keep repeating the cycle.Improving as a player or even understanding  basic game mechanics..well why should they is the real questions?

Edited by Robinhood_

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
1 minute ago, Robinhood_ said:

When the only incentive of winning is winning you get a game full players don't care about winning lol. You seen topics about winrate/stats and the general attitudes of people..most players just do not care about all that stuff they just want pew pew die go back port and keep repeating the cycle.Improving as a player or even understanding  basic game mechanics..well why should they is the real questions?

I guess many of us on the forum are of a very different mind than the vast majority of players in the game. At least from my perspective I find it hard to comprehend how a lot of what they do can be considered "fun." Even in the past I tried my best at almost every game, MMO or console, and reached a competitive level in a few of the MMOs. "Playing for fun", as understood by the vast majority of the playerbase here, was seldom in my mind. BTW I'll apply and join SZW tomorrow.

[-BSS-]
Members
386 posts
5,959 battles

I think this game has a dynamic environment where team approach vs individual skill are situationally difference makers and it takes a lot of experience for a naturally good gamer to understand the bigger game beyond shooting what is in range and it takes a long time for lesser skill players to become average and learn how to contribute when they perhaps are not going to succeed in many situations without a distinct advantage.

The no respawn mechanic also highlights glorious moments and punishes mistakes so the spotlight is on most of the time with no where to hide.

This game is really quite unique so it isn’t surprising that there is such variability in experiences in random game environments.

Ironically battle royal style games may actually contribute to a more aware and strategic cohort of gamers that could benefit this kind of game.

[STW]
Members
280 posts
6,321 battles
59 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I guess many of us on the forum are of a very different mind than the vast majority of players in the game. At least from my perspective I find it hard to comprehend how a lot of what they do can be considered "fun." Even in the past I tried my best at almost every game, MMO or console, and reached a competitive level in a few of the MMOs. "Playing for fun", as understood by the vast majority of the playerbase here, was seldom in my mind. BTW I'll apply and join SZW tomorrow.

Older player base + lack of incentive for winning or punishment for losing( losing is not enough of a punishment for some lol). I'll give you an example some players are complaining about certain tasks/missions that wargaming has put out that requires players to win and survival a battle.....so yeah sooner you understand the mentality of certain players in world of warships the less stressed you will when you meet them in-game.

Best of luck with the application.

Edited by Robinhood_
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,909 posts
7,305 battles
2 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

P.S. Why is even Tier 7 being up-tiered so frequently? Is Halsey campaign flooding MM with high tier potatoes? HOW did they even GET to Tiers 7-10? I wonder how that guy on my team managed to get a Missouri. Usually Tier 7's top tier a lot. If Halsey campaign is going to be permanent, why do these people feel an urgency to play the part requiring Tier 8-10 ships here and now? Statistically it's highly unlikely that such a large % of them happen to be at that stage.

2 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Everything is possible with a FAT wallet

Or you could fail your way there. You do not have to win a single game to eventually get to T10 or collect enough FXP to get to 750k FXP. Especially if you get lucky with a few 50k FXP super containers.

[XG]
Members
117 posts
2,930 battles

Check the calendar. School's out.

It happens every year in every MMO.

You can easily recognize it in player names (hypothetical) like "xXididurfatmomXx" and "NinjaBloodDethKill3r".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[MWM]
Supertest Coordinator
276 posts
4,453 battles

Wow, wall of text. Schools out for summer and little timmy wants to play. Deal with it just like the rest of us have to.

[5BS]
Members
4,535 posts
47 minutes ago, 0BdM said:

Check the calendar. School's out.

It happens every year in every MMO.

You can easily recognize it in player names (hypothetical) like "xXididurfatmomXx" and "NinjaBloodDethKill3r".

[edited]; you see the same dumb crapduring the rest of the year, rest of the week, rest of the day. Most people are borderline retarded.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

I feel most of the op's posts are focused too much on other player's stats. You can't change the gameplay of others, instead focus on your own rather than whining on the forums daily. You'll be more content as well.   :cap_tea:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[_I_]
Members
8 posts
746 battles
57 minutes ago, 0BdM said:

I always wanted "SeniorGrandFleetAdmiralFirstSeaLordOfTheUniverse" but it said it was taken.  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[MIA-A]
Members
1,980 posts
6,579 battles
3 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Switch ships when it doesn't work out. It is not easy to carry in an Atlanta.

Atlanta is easy to carry in if you are a really good Atlanta player.

It's really hard to carry in if you are not.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,825 posts
10,762 battles
4 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

HOW did they even GET to Tiers 7-10? 

One never loses XP in this game. Spam enough matches, anyone can get anything they want. Even without money involved.

Heck. One can even rank out with WR lower than 50% as long as you spam enough matches. https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/id,9/?order=battles__desc#leaderboard

Eventually, T10 matches will have the worst quality since all the potatoes will make it there. And they will stay there since there's nowhere else to go.

Sign in to follow this