Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gerbertz

Azur Duos - Will there be more Ship/Captain combos?

14 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,480 battles

I like when WG offers ships with 10pt captains, it really saves on the grind.

The Azur Lane ship captains are for sale and I'm in the market for one, maybe two.

Will there be more Ship/Captain combos in the future I should wait for?

Will there be a Commonwealth captain for sale soon? (I'd hate to start with a 1 or 3pt captain on the Perth if the Haida turns out to be Mehbote)

Will the Special Captains be available for sale again in the future?

We all know what happens when you grind a ship with low point captains..
5qoEYow.gif

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles

The one Duo bundle I was hoping for won't be sold unfortunately. I wanted to get Enterprise with Enterprise, but alas, no premium CV sales until the CV rework is implemented.

I do hope they offer some more duos(even if I'm not interested in any of the others). I also hope that there will be another batch of captains after the 29th(I think the original article hinted at this only being a first wave of sorts, but it was worded ambiguously). I'd love to see AL Prinz Eugen show up.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,480 battles
8 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

The one Duo bundle I was hoping for won't be sold unfortunately. I wanted to get Enterprise with Enterprise, but alas, no premium CV sales until the CV rework is implemented.

I do hope they offer some more duos(even if I'm not interested in any of the others). I also hope that there will be another batch of captains after the 29th(I think the original article hinted at this only being a first wave of sorts, but it was worded ambiguously). I'd love to see AL Prinz Eugen show up.

The Enterprise would be a great bundle!

There is another CV bundle I've been waiting on...
Screenshot_2017-08-25-00-30-32-1.thumb.p

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts

Kind of hoping the underage anime bimbos will go away soon. 

In their place I would like to see real captains and admirals (with realistic likenesses instead of aliens) from history with some sort of arrangement where some of the proceeds from the sales benefit some military related charity like wounded warrior, first sergeants association, VA etc.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,831 posts
4,033 battles
7 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

In their place I would like to see real captains and admirals (with realistic likenesses instead of aliens) from history with some sort of arrangement where some of the proceeds from the sales benefit some military related charity like wounded warrior, first sergeants association, VA etc.

keep the real life captains as the legendary ones,they have a unique appeal of bringing unique skills to the table.

the cartoon captains are fine as normal caps.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
23 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

keep the real life captains as the legendary ones,they have a unique appeal of bringing unique skills to the table.

I’d like to see real captains/admirals available full time in the store bundled with a permanent camo. Make it something very unique, sort of expensive and available to anyone who wants to pay real currency for them. Rotate them monthly. Could also use famous naval aviators and marines. Just something to celebrate Naval culture and history that also benefits today’s charities and veterans groups. 

I don’t care about the anime stuff at all and won’t pay a nickel for any of it. I don’t consider them “normal”. That’s just me. I can see offering anime stuff full time as sort of a separate branch of premium captains. I understand it’s an arcade game and there is a market for that sort of thing and that’s cool for those folks. Whatever helps support the game and it’s publishers.

• Cool 4

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,195 posts
3,100 battles

Putting real historical captains may not be so easy, because the family/descendants might object to using the likeness on a video game, siting disrespect or something like that, especially on putting a price tag on their names & faces on the Premium Shop. Doesn't WG have to get a permission before using their names and faces for the game, or something?

I agree that real historical captains should be the legendary captains for historical significance. 

For purchasable captains bundled with a ship, a camo, and/or whatever, I say fictional captains are perfect fit. No such hassle attached, in general. And that includes anime captains, IMO. Purely fictional. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Putting real historical captains may not be so easy, because the family/descendants might object to using the likeness on a video game, siting disrespect or something like that, especially on putting a price tag on their names & faces on the Premium Shop. Doesn't WG have to get a permission before using their names and faces for the game, or something?

I agree that real historical captains should be the legendary captains for historical significance. 

For purchasable captains bundled with a ship, a camo, and/or whatever, I say fictional captains are perfect fit. No such hassle attached, in general. And that includes anime captains, IMO. Purely fictional. 

All good points. Hope they can work it out. Be cool to see.

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,480 battles
6 hours ago, thebigblue said:

I’d like to see real captains/admirals available full time in the store bundled with a permanent camo. Make it something very unique, sort of expensive and available to anyone who wants to pay real currency for them. Rotate them monthly. Could also use famous naval aviators and marines. Just something to celebrate Naval culture and history that also benefits today’s charities and veterans groups. 

I don’t care about the anime stuff at all and won’t pay a nickel for any of it. I don’t consider them “normal”. That’s just me. I can see offering anime stuff full time as sort of a separate branch of premium captains. I understand it’s an arcade game and there is a market for that sort of thing and that’s cool for those folks. Whatever helps support the game and it’s publishers.

I really like this idea.  Not the expensive part, but captains bundled with permacamos would be awesome.

7 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

I agree! Make the real or legendary captains something special, like John Doe, brother Doe, and good ole Franz.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,410 posts
4,300 battles
13 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

I like when WG offers ships with 10pt captains, it really saves on the grind.

The Azur Lane ship captains are for sale and I'm in the market for one, maybe two.

Will there be more Ship/Captain combos in the future I should wait for?

Will there be a Commonwealth captain for sale soon? (I'd hate to start with a 1 or 3pt captain on the Perth if the Haida turns out to be Mehbote)

Will the Special Captains be available for sale again in the future?

We all know what happens when you grind a ship with low point captains..
5qoEYow.gif

Here is a list of the characters currently in Azure Lane: https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/List_of_Ships_by_Image.  Basically find a premium ship in WoWs that you like, and see if they have an AL character. If so then there is a chance that they may turn up later on in an Azur Duo bundle for sale.

As for possible Commonwealth captain candidates, the only one possibility is Vampire. However Azur Lane doesn't have any Canadian/Australian/New Zealand faction, and AL Vampire is part of the British fleet. Personally I don't like her design or voice, she's too loli and squeaky for me.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,480 battles
8 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Here is a list of the characters currently in Azure Lane: https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/List_of_Ships_by_Image.  Basically find a premium ship in WoWs that you like, and see if they have an AL character. If so then there is a chance that they may turn up later on in an Azur Duo bundle for sale.

As for possible Commonwealth captain candidates, the only one possibility is Vampire. However Azur Lane doesn't have any Canadian/Australian/New Zealand faction, and AL Vampire is part of the British fleet. Personally I don't like her design or voice, she's too loli and squeaky for me.

Hey thank you!

What an incredible amount of artwork went into that game, look at all those ships!!

Beta Testers
655 posts
6,060 battles

There a bug when u equip the new Azur commander &/or unique commander to a premium ship  saying to specification to our tier 1 CC. I though when we buy or earn those commander for that ship only and not for our tier 1. Can WG fix that?

[DRG_N]
Members
408 posts
582 battles
On 6/21/2018 at 8:00 AM, thebigblue said:

Whats it like, being so oversensitive that people liking things you don't like and that you never see or interact with negatively impacts your game?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
761 posts
4,005 battles
45 minutes ago, TheHunter2_EAD said:

There a bug when u equip the new Azur commander &/or unique commander to a premium ship  saying to specification to our tier 1 CC. I though when we buy or earn those commander for that ship only and not for our tier 1. Can WG fix that?

No, Prem commanders are always trained to Tier 1 of their given nation.

Premium ships don't require retraining for them to use all of their skills. If you wanted to use them on another ship, start their retraining in the desired ship and then put them into a premium; they can use all of their skills at full power while still training for the desired ship.

Sign in to follow this