Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RighteousRhyno

Do I just suck with T7 CAs or do they just have low avg. damage per game?

11 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,844 battles

Out of the 3 T7 CAs I have used so far including the Yorck, Algerie, and New Orleans, I mostly found myself in the lower half of the post-game scoreboard.  Within these games, I only manage to get on average 35-65k dmg. My question is this: Are these average damage numbers in the ballpark typical or is there room for improvement for myself? I have always found T7 CAs meh in my experience, due to the reload times and shell characteristics. I would like to know what kind of damage numbers others are getting in these such ships.

[VW]
Members
1,847 posts
12,293 battles

There is room for improvement. Usually one needs a certain number of games to find the sweetspot with new ships. Once you do there is a lot of hp tier 5-9 for you to harvest. The trick is staying alive long enough to do so. Learning how the maps play is key as well.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

In Tier 7 CA/L's there is a fine line between Aggressive and Passive... To Aggressive Die early damage ends to quick. To passive your long range fire has no effect and Damage is minimal. Find your Happy place. For Cruiser Play Positioning is Key to Success. Watch some youtubers you will see what works.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles

Between 35k-65k isn't really bad for this tier. Most T7 cruiser are performing really well. Even if they received some powercreep because of all stupid and broken premium, they are still really good.  Also MM is often really nice for T7 so you can "easily" grind these ship. 

[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles

IMHO all the tech tree tier 7's cruisers are "meh", not really terrible, not really great, just kind of average. The Fiji is the sole exception, it is a fantastic boat. Save the Fiji, none of the tier 7 cruisers are keepers and I love cruisers and cruiser play. My advice for players is not to buy permanent camo for them until they are fully upgraded and you decide whether you are going to keep them or not. Again Fiji is the sole exception to this, it really is a fine boat. I made the terrible mistake of buying camo for my Pensacola when I first unlocked her. It was a terrible waste of money and one of my big regrets in the game.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

If your average damage in these ships is 35-65k, that's not bad at all, even very good once you get to the upper end of this range. For example, I averaged 44k damage in the old Pensacola, 48k damage in the Atlanta, 54-55k damage in the New Orleans. I suck in the Tier 7 cruisers of other nations though consensus is they're superior to the USN. Keep going, you will be fine.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,227 posts
6,433 battles
32 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Save the Fiji, none of the tier 7 cruisers are keepers and I love cruisers and cruiser play.

Wow, bullying the poor Myoukou... :Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Wow, bullying the poor Myoukou... :Smile_sad:

LOL nah, the Myouko is fine just like the others. Pretty much an average ship, I can do ok in her as well. Definitely a step up from Aoba for sure. I hated the Aoba grind and was actually happy to finally get the tier 7. I am sure there are players who can make all the tier 7 cruisers "sing", I have had great matches in them and some terrible matches in them. None of them feel particularly great except the Fiji. Just my opinion is all.  

[AFW-]
Members
248 posts
9,746 battles

Algerie was such a great ship for me. many games over 100k . 

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
41 minutes ago, Apewar said:

Algerie was such a great ship for me. many games over 100k . 

I just can't get her to work. Many comment on the good accuracy of the guns, but I've really struggled with them. French auto-bounce angles suck (or maybe it's because USN ones have spoiled me), and I feel she's not as maneuverable as some of the other Tier 7 cruisers. How do I play her? It's like a mystery.

Sign in to follow this