Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bigalow87

Huanghe is pretty awful...

7 comments in this topic

Members
280 posts
9,260 battles

...but my god this ship is the best ninja capping cruiser in the game. Have more base caps with this ship than all my other cruisers combined, including my beloved Perth. Had this gem tonight. Would love to have seen the other teams chat...

HuangheSolo.thumb.jpg.cdacee13f4c898a8c7ad758d8a2fb8fe.jpg

[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,724 battles

Nice job! I like using my cruisers to cap and to contest caps. I don't have the Huanghe but I have the Perth and love her. I have been waiting for the Huan to hit the tech tree where I an buy her for doubloons mostly because everyone says she is pretty awful, but I really love how the Perth plays so I bet I will enjoy the Huanghe. Besides I have a soft spot in my heart for crappy cruisers. One of my favorites is the Krasny Krym so am thinking I will be happy with the Huan.  

[ARP]
[ARP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
702 posts
6,692 battles

Congrats on the solo warrior! I've been trying to get one for a looonnnggg time now. 

[HINON]
Members
2,198 posts
6,177 battles
16 minutes ago, ZuikakuKaiNi said:

Congrats on the solo warrior! I've been trying to get one for a looonnnggg time now. 

its about the only heroic I've never gotten.... they are so damned hard to come by.

Members
280 posts
9,260 battles

Thanks guys! Followed it up with this nice win to end the night.

34 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Besides I have a soft spot in my heart for crappy cruisers.

Then you will be ecstatic over the Huanghe. Other than the smoke it doesn't play like  Perth, it relies on your team to do alot of the heavy lifting. Its stressful to play, but so satisfying to top the XP chart when you get a good game out of it.

I think i'm starting to get the *snicker*  Huang of it!

shot-18_06.21_00_39.57-0464.thumb.jpg.15dee562cbb16d84079a1931b86e1f3d.jpg

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

I hope they extend out the torpedo range to 8km or 10km or give a set of torps that does have that range. The torpedo reload booster would then be used more I would think.

Members
280 posts
9,260 battles
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

I hope they extend out the torpedo range to 8km or 10km or give a set of torps that does have that range. The torpedo reload booster would then be used more I would think.

It has 8km torps already. The main problem with them is the spread is fixed narrow only. It is really difficult to hit anything at range because a slight turn or speed change is all it takes to dodge them. Even when you do get a hit most of the capitol ships it faces have torpedo protection that reduces the damage a good deal...

Sign in to follow this