Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ian919

Fubuki Tips

4 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
761 battles

*Disclaimer kind of ranty* Is it me or does the stock Fubuki suck, going from the Mutuski with 8km torps with 6km concealment to 6km torps and 7.2km concealment feels like an entire downgrade (I understand the torpedo upgrade puts it at a 10km range later on) not to mention the smaller launch zone. Starting to regret selling the Mutuski. Now i'll admit im not the best dd captain infact I chose the IJN DDs for their ability to invisa-torp and remain hidden, but with the Fubuki something just feels off I don't know whether its my playstyle or lack of skill higher tier(probably both). *Rant over* Heres some of my questions to the better IJN dd captains. Is the Fubuki worth Ignoring till I can use 14k free xp for the torpedo upgrade? The Fubuki is starting to feel like a ship that isn't too good at early capping/scouting, what do I do when theres 2 dds on my team and the team wants me to basically suicide scout? Im getting deleted pretty hard in higher tiers while in smoke any tips (working on not sitting still)? What does a dd do when the other team has 3 Atlanta's/other ships with sonar? Off topic whats the diffrence between the IJN dd tech tree split?

Edited by Ian919

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Many players choose to free XP through the modules until they get to the good ones; 10 K torps are, obviously the good ones. If you were good at Mutsuki, get her back and play her until you get the free XP to equip Fubuki the way you want it.

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
2,926 battles

You definitely need to free XP past the stock torps. I have no idea how anyone would make them work. It honestly doesn't seem very sensible for the ship to even exist that way. You can definitely early cap/scout but you need to get better with exit strategy. Go into a cap with your ship angled so that you will get behind hard cover by just accelerating. Then, if you do get spotted/radar'd, you just need to hit W and scoot toward the cover (while hopefully giving a couple of pot shots/dumping torps as you go).

In terms of the tech tree split, the alternate line that ends right now in Akizuki is the "gunboat line", although only Akizuki is actually a gunboat. The rest are just kind of normal IJN torpedo boats for the most part. Akizuki is a totally different beast. Only one set of torpedo launchers, but a monster set of 8 100mm rapid fire guns. Because of their small caliber, you will struggle to deal damage without IFHE, so a dedicated captain, with at least 14 points, is really needed to run it. Without IFHE you can't even penetrate the 19mm armor on higher tier destroyers/any battleship superstructure. With it though, and you are a monster. I caught a broadside Roon in a cyclone with his guns pointed the wrong way, and put over 27k of damage into him with guns before he could even get his turrets turned. Most DDs, if they are hard charging into a cap, won't survive to even turn around when you spot them. 

[SYN]
Members
509 posts
5,971 battles
13 hours ago, Ian919 said:

Is the Fubuki worth Ignoring till I can use 14k free xp for the torpedo upgrade?

Yes. Once you upgrade, it is happy times.  Tier 6 is a good place for IJN DD's.  

Sign in to follow this