Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Warspite vs QE

34 comments in this topic

Members
207 posts
4,253 battles

Is the QE worth getting as I already have the Warspite? Does she offer a significantly different experience playing her then the Warspite. If you spec her for AA is it really that good? TIA

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Why would you plan on stopping at tier 6? If your going into higher tiers you have to play QE anyhow...

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,406 posts
4,294 battles

You have to get Queen Liz anyway to go higher in the RN BB line, unless you free xp your way through. But tbh Warspite is the better ship thanks to getting some WD40 for her turrets from WG, so I'd only keep QE if you like her. I would really like Liz's turret traverse buffed to match her younger sister.

Queen Liz's AA is very respectable once properly speced out for it.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

it like a clone ship of Warspite. Nothing more

• Bad 1

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
11,580 battles

QE plays just a bit differently,  I would take her out for a spin and get know the nuances of the line. 

Members
1,119 posts
3,141 battles

Does the QE get Warspite's heal? I know QE has better HE and AA but Warspite's pre-buff turret traverse (72 seconds, tied for slowest in game with Yamato). Warspite is a better ship but they are both strong. 

[ARP]
[ARP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
702 posts
6,705 battles

Queen Elizabeth's main turrets traverse slower than Warspite's. She also does not have the tiny 550m turning radius that allows Warspite to pull off some crazy dodges :Smile-_tongue:. QE does get about 1km more firing range, better AA, and a bit more health though. 

[5D]
Beta Testers
432 posts
7,591 battles

Imo i hated it. Warspite is much better. I also hate that they didnt put in the A hull from ww1 like they did bayern. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,334 battles
51 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is the QE worth getting as I already have the Warspite? Does she offer a significantly different experience playing her then the Warspite. If you spec her for AA is it really that good? TIA

I have my QE spec'd for AA and she has a 78 rating.  Very nasty surprise for the enemy CVs.

I have my Warspite spec'd for secondaries. Very good brawler at T6.

My captain is the same for both of them.

Both perform well in ops, too.

cs

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
42 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

You have to get Queen Liz anyway to go higher in the RN BB line, unless you free xp your way through. But tbh Warspite is the better ship thanks to getting some WD40 for her turrets from WG, so I'd only keep QE if you like her. I would really like Liz's turret traverse buffed to match her younger sister.

Queen Liz's AA is very respectable once properly speced out for it.

This ^^ ...but you already have the Warspite so get the KGV and be happy i guess.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles

Warspite is a better version between her and Queen Elizabeth namely because Warspite has the turret traverse buff from long ago, which QE lacks.  Not sure why WG neglected to apply that buff to QE.

Where the 2 differ outside that?  Warspite has the better secondaries while QE has excellent AA.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

QE plays just a bit differently,  I would take her out for a spin and get know the nuances of the line. 

Spin implies speed something the QE doesn't do, try Orbit instead

• Funny 1

583 posts
9,236 battles

Warspite is has more accuracy, better turning and better secondaries.  QE has more powerful HE, better AA, more HP, and slightly longer Range for her main guns.  Personally, I like them both as they do play differently from one another.  If the Op is going to have me fairly close to targets, I'll run Warspite more often due to her secondary guns.  If there are going to be a lot of AC to deal with, I'll run QE a bit more.

But as others have pointed out, you are going to have to either FXP past QE or bite the bullet, unless you don't intend to go any further down the RN BB line.  If you are having issues in matches with QE, run her in Op's.  You'll get through her at a reasonable clip that way.:Smile_great:

[ARGSY]
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
5 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

it like a clone ship of Warspite. Nothing more

Wrong. She is less then a Warspite clone. I used LWM advice and skipped her with free XP. Was something like...67k

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles

Odd...some many seem to dislike QE. She is certainly different from Warspite, but I like her a lot. Have never had a match in her that I didnt enjoy.

[ARGSY]
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
25 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Renown said:

Doesn't Warspite also have different AP/HE?

HE is weaker but her AP is deadly. Just normal BB AP and not the short fuse the other RN BB get. She also comes with 12 sec. less turret rotation time.

Members
51 posts
49 battles
24 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

HE is weaker but her AP is deadly. Just normal BB AP and not the short fuse the other RN BB get. She also comes with 12 sec. less turret rotation time.

That's what I meant. So, essentially, Warspite - like Hood - is an AP-based platform, bucking the trend of the overall line. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles
11 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Tier for Tier, the QE (air spec'd) is the BEST AA BB IN THE GAME!!!!  So YES!  She really is THAT good.  

I enjoy the AA troll so much, that I get really disappointed when a MM doesn't throw me a CV.  Even T8 CVs...bring it.

As for tactics...I like to get away from friendly AA cover (AA CAs) and even tell the friendly CV I don't need AA support.  The goal is to get the attention of the enemy CV captain.  Make him see a BB noob in a slow BB off without any AA support.  Watch the enemy squadrons line up...do my own positioning...then watch the planes drop like flies.

When I can't do that, I try to keep my 7.2km bubble over friendlies...and swat air that is attacking them.  I probably get over half my kills on air that flies through my bubble.

To be clear, a determined CV captain can put a bomb or torp into you...but you can make them pay dearly for the attack.  So you still gotta manage DCP and RT with that in mind.

Oh, and don't forget, there is still the battle writ large to deal with.  Can't get so wrapped up in the AA role that you forget your main punch.  Gotta still be in the ship to ship fight.  And for that...those 15 inchers are nice at T6...and the spotter gives them range punch.  

Note:  And one last thing on the cross drop defense.  Positioning is critical, especially against T8s.  Put them on your stern early and designate one squadron.  Then when they split, turn toward the designated squadron, keeping the non-designated on your stern. If all goes well, you will severely deplete the squadron that you are turning into (the one that you're giving a broadside torp shot to).  As soon as the torps drop, designate the other squadron on your stern and try to keep it there.

If you can't get them on your stern early, that's a problem.  Then you put them on your bow and do just the opposite.  Put your bow on the squadron that is NOT designated and designate the one your giving a broadside to.  But if you get caught out like this with a T8...he can hurt you.  Early positioning is critical. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles
4 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Renown said:

Doesn't Warspite also have different AP/HE?

The AP just wrecks face, even bottom tier.

It also gets the cruiser repair (60 second cool down for premium) and the absurd RN heal for maximum colonization. 

[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,487 battles
12 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Honesty, you should always play a line ship yourself and see if you like it. Just because others here like/dislike it doesn't mean you will. How a ship plays for you is a personal thing. A lot of people dislike Indianapolis, but I REALLY like her (although I do think she needs some small buffs). The ship just resonates with me. 

That being said, I personally did NOT like QE at all. Warspite is her younger sister but it is a much better ship gamewise in my opinion. It turns better and its gunhandling is better. Warspite's turrets are slow but QE is just painful. I mean a figurative knife plunged into your back kind of painful. You'll really feel it every time you have to make any course correction at all. QE's AA is better, but it likely will never make much of a difference to you. T6 CVs aren't that dangerous anyway, and even maxed QE's AA won't dent strike groups from the monsters that lurk at T7 enough to save you, let alone T8s who will just end you in QE or Warspite. QE's range is better, but again it will rarely matter. You WILL feel the poorer agility and poorer turret traverse in every game though. 

I personally did not like my time with QE. (In the interest of full disclosure I am not a fan of Warspite's gameplay either. I love the Grand Old Lady in my port, but I don't love playing her.) For me QE has all the things I dislike about Warspite, but it is exponentially worse. The guns are nice on T6 (like Warspite), the agility is nice, but nothing else about QE was nice to me. I played QE until I couldn't take it anymore then I FreeXP'd clear to KGV. 

Unless you are short on cash, I still recommend getting QE and at least trying it to learn for yourself if you like her. You may like her play. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

I have a permanent camo for QE and have a Captain trained for the QE. That Captain also does Warspite for me as well as Duke of York and Nelson for farming Elite Captain XP. Warspite seems to have slightly more powerful shells, better Secondaries, and makes more credits that QE. Where QE really shines is the AA defenses have proven superior to Warspite and the main guns while slight less powerful tha Warspite some how, they are still very potent.

From my personal experience with QE and Warspite, both are good and really not sure why some people hate QE since with some of the scores I have pulled in her, it’s hard to imagine her not being considered good lol.

[CAPGO]
Members
513 posts
3,262 battles

other than the AA, QE has nothing to offer. Warspite is MUCH better. I don't know why but Warspite guns feel a lot more accurate too.

[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,487 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have a permanent camo for QE and have a Captain trained for the QE. That Captain also does Warspite for me as well as Duke of York and Nelson for farming Elite Captain XP. Warspite seems to have slightly more powerful shells, better Secondaries, and makes more credits that QE. Where QE really shines is the AA defenses have proven superior to Warspite and the main guns while slight less powerful tha Warspite some how, they are still very potent.

From my personal experience with QE and Warspite, both are good and really not sure why some people hate QE since with some of the scores I have pulled in her, it’s hard to imagine her not being considered good lol.

You've figured out how to live with her flaws and make her work. A lot of the time when people say "not good" they really mean "it doesn't float my boat" (pun intended). 

Sign in to follow this