9 comments in this topic

Members
1,865 posts
5,656 battles

So today, I died barely five minutes into the match because 2 seconds after I began engaging enemy destroyers in combat, this error popped up. Does anyone know how to fix this on a mac?

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 8.24.54 PM.png

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

Been getting that error and crashing as well, happens about once a match in PvP. I used to get a crash like this about every 5 PvP games so I would either play a few PvP matches then play PvE or I would exit and restart game. Now it is every match and as far as I know, nothing has changed in the game. I figure there will just be a point with the game that it will be totally unplayable on my Mac and it looks like the end is nigh.

Members
1,865 posts
5,656 battles

Update: this same era has now caused me to crash and die in the beginning of an Operation having done precisely zero damage.

Again, just as I begin approaching the enemy ships, it pops up again. By the time I manage to come back, I'm dead.

I wonder if this is going to net me a pink status...

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
4 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Update: this same era has now caused me to crash and die in the beginning of an Operation having done precisely zero damage.

Again, just as I begin approaching the enemy ships, it pops up again. By the time I manage to come back, I'm dead.

I wonder if this is going to net me a pink status...

Possibly, but on the upside with the new pink rules, it does not carry the stigma it once did.

When this error started popping up a few months back, someone here or on Reddit said that it was possibly a "memory leak". Not being a computer dweeb, unsure what that means.

Members
1,865 posts
5,656 battles
38 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Possibly, but on the upside with the new pink rules, it does not carry the stigma it once did.

When this error started popping up a few months back, someone here or on Reddit said that it was possibly a "memory leak". Not being a computer dweeb, unsure what that means.

Huh, I just logged back into the game, and got the message "Disciplinary penalty lifted: For observance of the rules of the game, your disciplinary penalty was lifted."

Here's the strange part though: I was eating dinner after I saw that I died in the middle of the operation, and I haven't played any battles since then.

Did WG just take mercy on me?

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

LOL don't know, I get the same message from time to time when I crash. Then sometimes I crash, get back into the game and turn pink anyways. Personally I think the whole new pink system is kind of buggy. Don't pay it any mind, there are so many pink players now that it hardly matters. In one co-op match, half the team started out pink and during the match, the other half (including me) turned pink for one reason or another during the game.... Everyone just pretty much laughed it off because it was funny to see.

Members
1,865 posts
5,656 battles
32 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Easiest and most likely fix - reinstall the game.

As in, completely fresh reinstallation?

If so, how do you recommend I check to see if all files are deleted?

What about replays?

[WOLF2]
Members
1,131 posts
12,855 battles

All I know it that support is an automated checklist of generic responses that can waste days of your time and a fresh reinstall worked for me.