Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Why is my replay so laggy?

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

I'm trying to do some work with OBS and do some recordings.  I recorded a game I had with the Kiev it was fun dodging torpedoes and shells really fun lol.  The game was a loss but I made it fun and dealt with it.  How ever when I actually go into OBS and record while actually in the game and not from the replay itself the recording is very very smooth.  No lag what so ever.  But when I record a video from a replay well the lag is un real.  If there's any thoughts or suggestions on this it would be helpful since I'm going to try this out and start doing live streaming and recording.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
185 posts
3,062 battles

It's probably just the replays themselves. I've noticed in a number of my replays that the ships/movements are all really jerky looking when in the match they were fine.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
5,522 battles

Your game client might be running at 60fps but your replay file might be recording matches as replays at 30fps (which is default). That's the only problem I could think of outside of the actual replay/client not interacting properly, which you can't fix.

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts

That would have made an awesome how to of dodging torpedoes at high speeds lol.  If it wasn't so laggy.  I'll have to figure out how to up the FPS for the run time on OBS.

Members
3,774 posts

I got it figured out.  Obs was set to 30 I just didn't know where to find it exactly so I bumped it to 60 FPS. Took me a minute to find it.

Capture.PNG

• Cool 1

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,120 battles

With an older computer I used to have laggy replays...  and there were more bugs with the guns pointing in directions other than where they were firing.  I got a speedy i7 with tons of memory, m.2 disk and 1080 graphics and I haven't had the problem since. 

Sign in to follow this