Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Why do I never see people reccomending demolition expert anymore

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,359 battles

I always use DE for my cruisers, including IFHE ships, and I even use it on my Khaba along with BFT. But I don’t see people reccomending it anymore. I don’t get it. Did the meta change and I never knew it? I hate how you have to pay gold or tons of elite xp just to change your captain build. Since the meta changes every 2 weeks now it’s very frustrating. At this point I just run what I think works best for me, this whole meta obsession/min-maxing can be so annoying at times, even though I do usually run the “reccomended” build. I wish you could refrain your captain for free, or WG could at least offer a free discount for a bit after major updates that change the meta/balance. I stil get confused about what the current meta even is at times. I still do well overall but it’s still annoying 

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I always use DE for my cruisers, including IFHE ships, and I even use it on my Khaba along with BFT. But I don’t see people reccomending it anymore. I don’t get it. Did the meta change and I never knew it? I hate how you have to pay gold or tons of elite xp just to change your captain build. Since the meta changes every 2 weeks now it’s very frustrating. At this point I just run what I think works best for me, this whole meta obsession/min-maxing can be so annoying at times, even though I do usually run the “reccomended” build. I wish you could refrain your captain for free, or WG could at least offer a free discount for a bit after major updates that change the meta/balance. I stil get confused about what the current meta even is at times. I still do well overall but it’s still annoying 

I use DE on HE spam cruisers. It may not be the first 3pt skill, but it goes on the cmdr.

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,359 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I use DE on HE spam cruisers. It may not be the first 3pt skill, but it goes on the cmdr.

It’s always been my 1st 3 point still, I don’t get why superintendent is now reccomended first. I guess it’s cause I reuse my captain for an entire line, so I get DE at low tiers when you don’t have tons of consumables, and then superintendent at high tiers when I’ve earned enough xp, when you get much more consumables/greater emphasis placed on them 

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,751 battles

Tier 10 ships hulls have a -50% fire coefficient. Add to that the damage control modules reducing incoming fire chance more, fire prevention skills even more so, and your 3 points for 3% fire chance winds up being maybe 1%? Or even Less? When it comes down to it. Someone would have to do the actual math but IMO....

That's not a good use of 3 points. I have demo expert on my Khaba and that's about it. 

Edited by NotoriousRNG

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

I don't like it because at best, it's 1 hit in 50 that causes a fire.  That's not worth it to me.  I use it on my IJN cruisers simply because I have to take /something/ at the third tier of skills and there's nothing I really like.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
3,530 battles

On anything I'm going to be shooting lots of HE I run DE. It's a fantastic skill.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
23 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

It’s always been my 1st 3 point still, I don’t get why superintendent is now reccomended first. I guess it’s cause I reuse my captain for an entire line, so I get DE at low tiers when you don’t have tons of consumables, and then superintendent at high tiers when I’ve earned enough xp, when you get much more consumables/greater emphasis placed on them 

I took advantage of the last free cmdr respec to put my cruisers that need SI first to swap that.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
779 posts
6,638 battles

For IFHE cruisers that take AFT (USN CLs), SI is preferable over DE for the extra consumables, especially for ships like the upcoming Seattle and Worcester. You only have enough points to take one 3-point skill. For every other HE spamming cruiser, DE is a nice skill to have. T9-T10 ships would probably grab SI first for the extra heal though.

When it comes to DDs, DE gives you more fires per minute than BFT alone, but the latter gives you more DPM through faster reload. 

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,587 posts
14,010 battles

Even for my Cruisers, the only ones I bother slotting DE are French and Japanese Cruisers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I always use DE for my cruisers, including IFHE ships, and I even use it on my Khaba along with BFT. But I don’t see people reccomending it anymore.

For me that stopped when they dropped the fire chance from 3% to 2%; 3 points is a lot to give up for a 2% difference.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
9 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

It’s always been my 1st 3 point still, I don’t get why superintendent is now reccomended first.

Because Cleveland now has radar, as do both her successors (when they are released), and those who use her want more radar charges. Plus higher tier cruisers now get heal (not just the Brits), and the more of those you have, also the better.

Because commander respecs are expensive, those who are intending to take one commander up through an entire line tend to spec for skills which will still be valid at the top of that line. Superintendent is the new DE (especially since the rate of fire of Worcester, when she arrives, is going to make the Minotaur blush - especially since Worcester can fire HE. DE is irrelevant on a ship like that. And if you hated Atlanta as a fire-spammer, worse is yet to come.

Sign in to follow this