You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Ognevoi (and the Russian DD Split-Line) Tips?

8 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
Members
1,857 posts
5,651 battles

So I just managed to scrape up enough silver to buy and fully upgrade Ogenovoi (upgrades, not modules like turrets and B-hull) with a 10-pt captain (which I got from operations) with PT, LS, SE, and CE that I'm eventually planning to transfer to Grozovoi.

I hear that this line plays a bit differently from the mainline Russian dd tech tree, as more of a hybrid torpedo/gun boat than the entirely gun-boat of Khaba and its predecessors, but apart from that, I don't know too much about this line.

All tips are appreciated.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,422 battles

You will get various different pieces of advice on how to play each of the ships in the line. I would first ask how you are looking to use them primarily, and if that's a captain you're planning to take to Grozovoi, I would actually recommend a slightly different build for the first four skills unless you plan to redo the skills later.

Btw, I think you were in one of the games I played last night.

Edited by Lightninger

[STW-D]
Members
1,857 posts
5,651 battles
57 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

You will get various different pieces of advice on how to play each of the ships in the line. I would first ask how you are looking to use them primarily, and if that's a captain you're planning to take to Grozovoi, I would actually recommend a slightly different build for the first four skills unless you plan to redo the skills later.

Btw, I think you were in one of the games I played last night.

Hmm, well I just looked at the WoWs wiki and took what looked to be the most generally useful skill set.

It's definitely possible I faced you guys last night: I recall facing an APOC division with a Montana, a Zao, and something else (I forget what) that managed to destroy the flank consisting me an Iowa (me), a Tashkent, a Buffalo, and a Montana on one of the flanks (and our team collapsed shortly afterwards) on Tears of the Desert. The Montana died, but managed to get top xp scorer on your team.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,422 battles
4 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Hmm, well I just looked at the WoWs wiki and took what looked to be the most generally useful skill set.

It's definitely possible I faced you guys last night: I recall facing an APOC division with a Montana, a Zao, and something else (I forget what) that managed to destroy the flank consisting me an Iowa (me), a Tashkent, a Buffalo, and a Montana on one of the flanks (and our team collapsed shortly afterwards) on Tears of the Desert. The Montana died, but managed to get top xp scorer on your team.

With the incoming changes to the Grozovoi, assuming they stay, it would actually be better to have SI rather than SE since you're going to have a heal anyway. And I believe that was the division I was in for that game. I was in the Montana and rammed your Montana since you had two ships left on your team while almost finishing the Roon who my division mate finished. I'm pretty sure you had a Kiev though rather than a Tashkent.

[STW-D]
Members
1,857 posts
5,651 battles
9 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

With the incoming changes to the Grozovoi, assuming they stay, it would actually be better to have SI rather than SE since you're going to have a heal anyway. And I believe that was the division I was in for that game. I was in the Montana and rammed your Montana since you had two ships left on your team while almost finishing the Roon who my division mate finished. I'm pretty sure you had a Kiev though rather than a Tashkent.

Hmm, maybe I'll use my next 3 points for SI then.

I'm afraid my memory of that game was a bit hazy (although I recall it was a relative steamroll), but I'm rather sure you're not referring to my own Montana because of the simply fact that I don't have a Montana.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,422 battles
2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Hmm, maybe I'll use my next 3 points for SI then.

I'm afraid my memory of that game was a bit hazy (although I recall it was a relative steamroll), but I'm rather sure you're not referring to my own Montana because of the simply fact that I don't have a Montana.

Well, I already have a gunboat captain build for my Grozovoi almost finished and am thinking of changing it to this:
http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000011000011000000100119
Currently I have 17 points on my Grozovoi captain and need two more to finish getting AR and have SE in place of SI. I still prefer to keep BFT and swap SE to SI, as having a heal basically does the same as SE so there isn't really a need for it.

No, it was another ship on your team, I know you were in the Iowa.

[STW-D]
Members
1,857 posts
5,651 battles
3 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Well, I already have a gunboat captain build for my Grozovoi almost finished and am thinking of changing it to this:
http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000011000011000000100119
Currently I have 17 points on my Grozovoi captain and need two more to finish getting AR and have SE in place of SI. I still prefer to keep BFT and swap SE to SI, as having a heal basically does the same as SE so there isn't really a need for it.

No, it was another ship on your team, I know you were in the Iowa.

Hmm, I'm probably going to go PT, LS, SE, CE, SI, AFT, AR. I guess I'll have to sacrifice preventative maintenance.

[AK]
Members
404 posts
21,879 battles

I used the special commander for the expert marksman and pm,  the rest is gunboat and surviability,  and rpf.... Otherwise I went aa spect,  and save her when there's an abundance of cvs