Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Is the C hull on DM. Donksoi even Necessary anymore?

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I know the developers have done this with a lot of the ships.  The day where we were all working on the Colorado when you had to do both B and C hulls.  The only thing that those two hulls had to offer was more AA and maybe a spotter plane.  So I bring this up.  Does Donskoi really need both B and C hulls?  Personally my answer is NO she does not.

Hull A:   40,200 Hit Points

Armor 16-210 MM

Main Turrets 4

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

AA Mounts 25

Hull B:   43,400 Hit Points (+3200)

Armor 16-210 mm

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

AA mounts 34 (+8)

Hull C: 43,400 Hit Points (+3200)  ~Same as the B Hull~

Main Turrets 4

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

AA Mounts 22 (-4)   C Hull LOOSES AA

Now with these laid out right here with the different hull types is C hull really even necessary to grind through and burn and waist silver on?  Personally like I said NO it's not.  With the C hull and mounting C hull you are actually loosing the AA mounts that you would have with the B hull.  Not to mention the cost in silver.  

B hull:  25,000 XP 2,000,000 silver

C hull: 40,000 xp 3,400,000 silver

Wargaming Id like to see a change to this when ever possible.  Basically with those players that are grinding for the Moskva having to go through Xp and silver just to go through both hulls?  It's a waist of time credits and xp.  Why spend 40 thousand xp to grind out to get the C hull.  When that 40 thousand xp would be better spent going for Moskva.  Which is 235,000 Ship XP to grind.  Now if C hull is eliminated from the grind there's 195,000 xp left to grind.  It's no choir making the grind to tier 10.  But this would make it a lot easier and a lot less costly.  Sorry for the multi threads today guys but I figure this one would be a good one.

• Cool 1

Members
1,924 posts
2,492 battles
4 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

It's a waist of time credits and xp.

Pretty big waist, might need to go on a credits and xp diet.

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,697 battles

It's an AA hull.

You can get it if you are rich or you got killed by CVs a lot. 

Beta Testers
2,993 posts
4,421 battles

remove it and make it the new tier8 soviet prem.

a kutuzov that give up smoke for donskoi guns.

Edited by Cruxdei

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,851 battles

I need Hull C. My Donskoi is a full AA build and it shreds all CVs.

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,683 battles

I can't verify since I am at work, but IIRC the C hull probably gets improved rudder shift time and a higher quality AA set, even though it loses AA quantity moving from the B hull.

Regardless, quite honestly these hull variations are there to extend the grind and slow your progression down.  It is rare for a B hull to be preferred over a C hull, though there are a few ships where that does pertain (looking at you Benson!).  If WG wanted to streamline things, they would just have each ship with it's own optimum layout available as soon as you get the ship.  What you are complaining about is actually part of WG's plan.  It keeps you in the lower tiers longer.  So I highly doubt you will get what you are wishing for.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Well I don't see why they couldn't just adapt everything that is good with C hull and incorporate it into B hull and have it that way.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,799 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

I know the developers have done this with a lot of the ships.  The day where we were all working on the Colorado when you had to do both B and C hulls.  The only thing that those two hulls had to offer was more AA and maybe a spotter plane.  So I bring this up.  Does Donskoi really need both B and C hulls?  Personally my answer is NO she does not.

Hull A:   40,200 Hit Points

Armor 16-210 MM

Main Turrets 4

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

AA Mounts 25

Hull B:   43,400 Hit Points (+3200)

Armor 16-210 mm

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

AA mounts 34 (+8)

Main Turrets 4

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

Now with these laid out right here with the different hull types is C hull really even necessary to grind through and burn and waist silver on?  Personally like I said NO it's not.  With the C hull and mounting C hull you are actually loosing the AA mounts that you would have with the B hull.  Not to mention the cost in silver.  

Wargaming Id like to see a change to this when ever possible.  Basically with those players that are grinding for the Moskva having to go through Xp and silver just to go through both hulls?  It's a waist of time credits and xp.  Why spend 40 thousand xp to grind out to get the C hull.  When that 40 thousand xp would be better spent going for Moskva.  Which is 235,000 Ship XP to grind.  Now if C hull is eliminated from the grind there's 195,000 xp left to grind.  It's no choir making the grind to tier 10.  But this would make it a lot easier and a lot less costly.  Sorry for the multi threads today guys but I figure this one would be a good one.

Ships have C hulls that don't need them and ships that do need there C Hull like SMS Kolberg which IRL had a refit where a C Hull would be warranted don't.

Welcome to WoWs SMH.

[VW]
Members
1,945 posts
12,499 battles
55 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

I can't verify since I am at work, but IIRC the C hull probably gets improved rudder shift time and a higher quality AA set, even though it loses AA quantity moving from the B hull.

Regardless, quite honestly these hull variations are there to extend the grind and slow your progression down.  It is rare for a B hull to be preferred over a C hull, though there are a few ships where that does pertain (looking at you Benson!).  If WG wanted to streamline things, they would just have each ship with it's own optimum layout available as soon as you get the ship.  What you are complaining about is actually part of WG's plan.  It keeps you in the lower tiers longer.  So I highly doubt you will get what you are wishing for.

Theyve already done what he asks multiple times. I remember fuso hull the original one was 14 km range, they later removed it.

dont recall getting xp and cash reimbursed for having already researched it though.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

Does Donskoi really need both B and C hulls?

Just buy it and not install it, if you're going further up the tech tree and need to get by it.

Members
1,788 posts
5,664 battles

The different hulls represent the ship at different refit's in its lifetime. There are many of us historians who appreciate WG for doing this. 

Members
1,866 posts
8,968 battles
11 hours ago, torpsRus said:

Main Turrets 4

Torpedo Tubes 2

Secondary Gun Turrets 6

Less mounts. MUCH bettter guns.

Sign in to follow this