You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cgbosn4

Purchasing premium ships with steel, coal and free XP

14 comments in this topic

[USCG]
Members
177 posts
12,701 battles

With the upcoming addition of coal & steel to the game, it looks like you'll be able to buy certain premium ships using this new "currency."  Ships like the MUSASHI which you could only purchase with free XP will now be available with coal.  Will it still be available for purchase using free XP or is that going away?  I didn't see the KRONSHTADT (another free XP premium) listed as a possible coal/steel purchase so I wonder if they're keeping the current free XP purchase method for some ships or will everything be turned over to coal/steel? 

Beta Testers
2,832 posts
4,035 battles

it's just another way to get the ship,free exp musashi is not going anywhere.

Members
3,774 posts

I wouldn't be to worried about it.  Also if you purchase Musashi with Coal.  I would take your free xp and get Kronshstadt or how ever the heck you spell that.

Edited by torpsRus

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

It would be nice if everything was available via FXP, and not just coal/steel.

[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles
2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

With the upcoming addition of coal & steel to the game, it looks like you'll be able to buy certain premium ships using this new "currency."  Ships like the MUSASHI which you could only purchase with free XP will now be available with coal.  Will it still be available for purchase using free XP or is that going away?  I didn't see the KRONSHTADT (another free XP premium) listed as a possible coal/steel purchase so I wonder if they're keeping the current free XP purchase method for some ships or will everything be turned over to coal/steel? 

WG has not said if this will replace FXP ships. I would guess not.

They did say that coal ships would rotate, but not timetable for that.

A lot of info is here that we hashed out since Monday.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,856 battles
2 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

free exp musashi is not going anywhere.

Like free XP Missouri is not going anywhere?

2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

I didn't see the KRONSHTADT (another free XP premium) listed as a possible coal/steel purchase so I wonder if they're keeping the current free XP purchase method for some ships or will everything be turned over to coal/steel? 

Some premium ships will only be available for purchase with steel, though I do not know if Kronshtadt is one of those.

[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Some premium ships will only be available for purchase with steel, though I do not know if Kronshtadt is one of those.

Nope, Kronshtadt is not available for steel or coal (right now). Here are the ships that will drop on Wed.

You can purchase the following ships using Coal: Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya (53,500), Aigle (49,500), Yubari (25,500), Musashi (176,000), Salem (240,000), and Campbeltown (19,500).

Steel will get you Flint (11,600) and Black (14,000). Tier X cruiser Stalingrad will join these ships in Update 0.7.8 and will cost 28,000 Steel.

If you purchase a ship that you already have in your Port, its price in credits will be transferred to your account. 

Each ship comes with a 3-point Commander and a Port slot.

Beta Testers
2,832 posts
4,035 battles
51 minutes ago, Umikami said:

it went somewhere,now musashi for now is not going anywhere.

[USCG]
Members
177 posts
12,701 battles

Thanks - I was just seeing if anyone knew if free XP premium ships were still going to happen (both current and future) or if everything was moving to coal & steel. I have some ships I’d like to use free XP on but not if you’ll still be able to buy certain premiums with it. Guess it’s wait and see...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,856 battles
14 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

it went somewhere,now musashi for now is not going anywhere.

I don't know if you were around when Missouri was released, or if you forgot the WoW hype around it, but it was promised to be available forever. Either way, the joke, and the sarcasm, went right over your head.

Beta Testers
2,832 posts
4,035 battles
18 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I don't know if you were around when Missouri was released, or if you forgot the WoW hype around it, but it was promised to be available forever. Either way, the joke, and the sarcasm, went right over your head.

oh  so that was a joke,sorry for not sharing the same sense of humor,because it really happened,but before they said it would vanish,everyone knew it would not go anywhere,so,until we hear from the overlords,we can assume that musashi is not going anywhere,for now.

anyway OP,until the overlords say,musashi will remain free exp,they will just add another way to get her.

Edited by Cruxdei

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,856 battles
2 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

until we hear from the overlords,we can assume that musashi is not going anywhere,for now.

We didn't get a whole lot of notice about Missouri, so I hope you're right when it comes time for them to replace Musashi with whichever ship we'll get next

[PVE]
Members
5,317 posts
17,820 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

We didn't get a whole lot of notice about Missouri, so I hope you're right when it comes time for them to replace Musashi with whichever ship we'll get next

Yeah I was trying to remember how much lead time they gave prior to removing MO, it seems as if it were a month or three. If I remember right it was enough lead time for Jingles to grind out the free xp needed playing OPs, advertising you could make good xp there, and people flocked to the Nauri mission which as we all know, got it removed later on. Anyways it is always conjecture when determining a future change based on past changes but IMHO we would probably get two or three months notice.

[VW]
Members
1,833 posts
12,288 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I was trying to remember how much lead time they gave prior to removing MO, it seems as if it were a month or three. If I remember right it was enough lead time for Jingles to grind out the free xp needed playing OPs, advertising you could make good xp there, and people flocked to the Nauri mission which as we all know, got it removed later on. Anyways it is always conjecture when determining a future change based on past changes but IMHO we would probably get two or three months notice.

It was closer to three than one because i had time to rabidly grind out an obscene amount of free xp using all my special flags and camos on the newly acquired DOY.