You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Broken back achievement

93 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles

While chatting on Discord with some clan mates we came up with the idea for the "Broken back" achievement.

In order to get the Broken back achievement all one would have to do is be the top XP earner of either team in a loss. The reward for this would be 10 of the special flags like Dragon or one of the others.

This would IMHO be a pretty rare award for 90+% of the community therefore giving the special flags would be in line with it's difficulty and rarity.

• Cool 8

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

No

Rewarding Participation no matter how hard you played TOP Loser is Still a Loser. No rewards

• Cool 3
  • Bad 14

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

No

Rewarding Participation no matter how hard you played TOP Loser is Still a Loser. No rewards

Yet players have gotten a solo warrior for being AFK and get rewarded.

• Cool 4

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,948 posts
8,803 battles

I am not a Tonks player, but I've heard several people talk about a Heroic Defense medal or something that you can only earn via stellar performance on a losing team.

I would love to see something like that come to Warships.

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

I am not a Tonks player, but I've heard several people talk about a Heroic Defense medal or something that you can only earn via stellar performance on a losing team.

As long as it has no Rewards attached just another useless medal I approve.

• Bad 4

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,948 posts
8,803 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Well, most heroic achievements come with flags.  I don't see any reason to create something like this that didn't as well.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,145 battles

I would agree, but only with a very high XP mark that is attainable only by doing an impressive amount of damage that would genuinely carry a better team, or have done enough supporting (Caps, etc) to gain the needed XP.

At some point, you'll do enough useful damage or support to have helped a better team to victory, even if such efforts resulted in a loss. 

Another alternative requirement could be gaining base XP on the losing team that is greater or equal to (or even within 10%) the top player on the winning team. After all, the winning team gets 50% more XP than the losing one overall AFAIK. 

Also, the rewards should be lowered, maybe 10 XP flags instead of a Legendary flag.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Having the most base XP in the match despite being on the losing team sounds like an achievement to me. And I don't see the problem with giving awards for a losing effort. This isn't top gun, there are points for second place.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,835 battles

Only way I would approve it of it would be if your score is double the 2nd place guy on your team.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Also, my understanding was that the achievement would only go to the top loser if they have more base XP than the top winner. So it's not like the first blood achievement.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
19 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

While chatting on Discord with some clan mates we came up with the idea for the "Broken back" achievement.

In order to get the Broken back achievement all one would have to do is be the top XP earner of either team in a loss. The reward for this would be 10 of the special flags like Dragon or one of the others.

This would IMHO be a pretty rare award for 90+% of the community therefore giving the special flags would be in line with it's difficulty and rarity.

It's not a bad idea but they will never ever give away special flags for an in game achievement like that which is repeatable every day.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

On a losing team Top loser is in fact 13th regardless of EXP. 

If rewards are "Expected"  Doesn't that mean "Entitlement"

Winners WIn Losers walk away disappointed.

In War to the Winner go the Spoils.

Winners Write the History.

Losers suffer  the injustices of War.

• Bad 7

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

On a losing team Top loser is in fact 13th regardless of EXP. 

If rewards are "Expected"  Doesn't that mean "Entitlement"

Winners WIn Losers walk away disappointed.

In War to the Winner go the Spoils.

Winners Write the History.

Losers suffer  the injustices of War.

Aren't more medals issued to people for what they do when things go wrong than when things go right?

[WOLF3]
Members
5,949 posts
2,203 battles
16 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes.  Recommended reward far too high, even for wishful thinking.

[O7]
Members
511 posts
12,625 battles
20 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

Courageous resistance would be a welcome addition to this game as well.  There should be a flag reward as well.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
5,949 posts
2,203 battles
4 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Courageous resistance would be a welcome addition to this game as well.  There should be a flag reward as well.

One Ram flag would be okay. 

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,238 battles
35 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

No

have you ever  gotten more exp than the top player on the winning side?  i have maybe twice in 6k games..... thats hardly a participation medal......  its a major accomplishment.  nothing wrong with a losing team member getting awards,  they get kracken, double strike, confed, etc all from the losing side i guess according to you we should not give flags for those acts either. how about no EXP or creds for losers!   u dont get to show up and get exp duh,,,,,   i swear some people just dont think before they type.....

Edited by Rilak
  • Cool 3

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
22 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Also, my understanding was that the achievement would only go to the top loser if they have more base XP than the top winner. So it's not like the first blood achievement.

That's exactly what I meant.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
26 minutes ago, Jonesyrules15 said:

Only way I would approve it of it would be if your score is double the 2nd place guy on your team.

It's for being the top XP earner on a losing team where your base XP is higher than the top XP earner on the winning side.

• Cool 1

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,253 battles

sounds too much like keeping your star in ranked but with a better reward (subjective opinion)....and people played not to win the match but to keep their star.

I dont like the idea of incentivizing losing.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
44 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Didn't Solo Warrior at one time mean win against 4 enemy ships? Not survive the battle with 4 remaining enemy ships.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
9 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

sounds too much like keeping your star in ranked but with a better reward (subjective opinion)....and people played not to win the match but to keep their star.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Bad 2

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,145 battles
21 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

11 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Except at that point, the effort put into doing the amount of damage or gaining the XP required to get the award (with the XP requirement) would have procured a victory with better teammates.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

Except at that point, the effort put into doing the amount of damage or gaining the XP required to get the award (with the XP requirement) would have procured a victory with better teammates.

No matter how hard you fought you lost.

Nobody remembers the losers except those who lost, maybe your team should award any "Prizes" 1% of their gains.