You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Horrible Game Play Causing Massive Headaches.

21 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

No matter what ship I play, I seem to get the team that plays poorly and looses.  Had one team act like they were trying to cap C on islands of ice.  Had a team that just wanted to play passive and camp out in the back.  Just lost match after lost match.  This hurts the win rate big time.  Before long if this keeps up I'll have a whopping 30 percent win rate.  Oh Joy.  I can see this is just going to be one big headache now that schools are starting to let out for the summer vacations.  No matter how well I try to play just a losing match.  I mean what's the point in even trying to win, trying to defend the cap.  When the team doesn't even bother trying.

This has pretty much caused a huge headache for me.  Let the loosing match spell commence.  My win rate is already bad enough.  I don't need it to get worse than it already is.  I mean yea its a game but trying to improve.  Loosing matches does not help one bit.  Oh the Agony of defeats.  Now I get why some players go toxic because of players just throwing away matches wow.  I mean seriously come on guys.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Bad news: there will always be bad players in the game.

Good news: the bad players are just as likely to be stacked on the red team as yours.

Also, carry harder.

[-TKS-]
Members
289 posts
5,614 battles

So you play for winrate only ? i can see why its miserable .  

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
6 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

So you play for winrate only ? i can see why its miserable .  

No I usually play for fun but I'm also trying to improve my win rate at the same time.  So yea makes it a pain.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
15 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

No matter what ship I play, I seem to get the team that plays poorly and looses.  Had one team act like they were trying to cap C on islands of ice.  Had a team that just wanted to play passive and camp out in the back.  Just lost match after lost match.  This hurts the win rate big time.  Before long if this keeps up I'll have a whopping 30 percent win rate.  Oh Joy.  I can see this is just going to be one big headache now that schools are starting to let out for the summer vacations.  No matter how well I try to play just a losing match.  I mean what's the point in even trying to win, trying to defend the cap.  When the team doesn't even bother trying.

This has pretty much caused a huge headache for me.  Let the loosing match spell commence.  My win rate is already bad enough.  I don't need it to get worse than it already is.  I mean yea its a game but trying to improve.  Loosing matches does not help one bit.  Oh the Agony of defeats.  Now I get why some players go toxic because of players just throwing away matches wow.  I mean seriously come on guys.

AtOnkvG.gif

• Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

AtOnkvG.gif

Oh well lol hasnt everybody embarrassed themselves at least once in their lives.

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
15 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Oh well lol hasnt everybody embarrassed themselves at least once in their lives.

Not to fret!  My whole life has been an embarrassment. When I was born the Doc took 1 look at me and slapped my Mother.......(Rodney Dangerfield)

• Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts

Its just one of those days just one of those days.  Oh well.  Guess I'll just have to bite down on a block and grin and bear it.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

You think that is bad. I had two BBs going East on Fault Line where I already scouted that there was no enemies. They kept going and I told them to stop going East. Eventually they said "you can't tell me what to do, your not my dad" so I did the one thing that no ship can do that only CVs can do and then I left the game.

If you have seen me on the forum before and read some of my posts, you can guess what a CV can do that any ship can't do. It's my own fault for being extremely salty since I came back from a different hiatus and got numerous bad games. So I am open to any consequences and any criticism for my actions. I am also on a hiatus til 0.7.6.0.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Funny 1

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,801 battles
30 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

T'Rus, no, I have NEVER embarrassed myself once in my life. Really!

But, maybe, 10000000001 times, yes.

[HMCSH]
Members
11 posts
9,139 battles

Tier 10 gameplay is absolutely terrible now, i really like my tier 10 boats but it is not fun at all to play anymore and the costs are so high you just bleed money every round, WG likely made alot of money adding the lastest cruisers to the game but totally wrecked the gameplay in the process. Good job WG you will likely see less players stay with the game as a result.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
4 minutes ago, JTF_oscar said:

Tier 10 gameplay is absolutely terrible now, i really like my tier 10 boats but it is not fun at all to play anymore and the costs are so high you just bleed money every round, WG likely made alot of money adding the lastest cruisers to the game but totally wrecked the gameplay in the process. Good job WG you will likely see less players stay with the game as a result.

Tier X has always been bad

• One side pushes, one side hides
  • One side pushes with CAs, one side hides
  • One side pushes, one side runs away from cap
  • One side as 4 BBs, 1 DD, and 3 CAs and hides from 2 BBs and 1 CL

[5BS]
Members
4,540 posts

Forgetting all the winrate stuff, because wgas, but speaking to match quality, these passive, almost deliberate losses *are* a huge problem and need to be addressed. There's carrot approaches, and stick approaches. I favor the former. As such, I think they need to *drastically* increase XP/Earnings ect of damage done/damage tanked/potential damage, based on range-to-target. I.E., a DD that does 12k damage from a Torp hit at 3 km should get *significantly* more XP than a BB who get's 12k damage from a Citadel at 20 km. This will starve out passive players slowly but surely.

Members
3,774 posts
8 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Forgetting all the winrate stuff, because wgas, but speaking to match quality, these passive, almost deliberate losses *are* a huge problem and need to be addressed. There's carrot approaches, and stick approaches. I favor the former. As such, I think they need to *drastically* increase XP/Earnings ect of damage done/damage tanked/potential damage, based on range-to-target. I.E., a DD that does 12k damage from a Torp hit at 3 km should get *significantly* more XP than a BB who get's 12k damage from a Citadel at 20 km. This will starve out passive players slowly but surely.

I second this motion.  It does unfortunately seem like some teams are just purposely throwing games.  For no rhyme nor reason just throwing the match away.  Not going for the caps not defending and not killing teams.  It hurts players whether or not they even care about win rate.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,838 battles

As a veteran of 35000+ WoT games and 3600+ (and counting) WOWS games I can offer the following advice:

After every game, mentally start from scratch. Basically, no matter how good or bad it was, start your next game like it was the first game of the session. Methods to help with this include changing ships, changing ship class (best one IMO), playing a PVE operation (if things get really sketchy) or just taking a break. 

If you hang up on results at the game-by-game level, you end up in a terrible spot where the cruel mistress known as RNG has you locked in a dungeon with rather sketchy implements in the beta-testing stage. Look at the larger picture and escape the trap. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles

Just do your best, the only player you control of is yourself.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
25 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

As a veteran of 35000+ WoT games and 3600+ (and counting) WOWS games I can offer the following advice:

After every game, mentally start from scratch. Basically, no matter how good or bad it was, start your next game like it was the first game of the session. Methods to help with this include changing ships, changing ship class (best one IMO), playing a PVE operation (if things get really sketchy) or just taking a break. 

If you hang up on results at the game-by-game level, you end up in a terrible spot where the cruel mistress known as RNG has you locked in a dungeon with rather sketchy implements in the beta-testing stage. Look at the larger picture and escape the trap. 

Play, get angry, complain, forget, repeat

Unless it is constant, then it will just grow so you will be better off going on a hiatus or playing something completely different.

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” -- Heraclitus

Strive to be one of the 10%, if not the single true warrior, but realize that the bottom 10% will be totally worthless and the majority will be fair at best.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,971 posts
8,124 battles
2 hours ago, torpsRus said:

Win rate is out of your hands the moment it's a multiplayer match.

In my 3 or so years of playing, it's clear that around 15-25% of the time, you play well, you can influence the match. Rest of the time it's either a win or loss thanks to your teammates' actions. I've found it's more productive to focus on your playstyle, get better, then when you get the chance to influence the match, you can see it and take advantage.

In short, "You must learn to see what you are looking at." Have to stay calm and whatnot. It is frustrating. *Chuckle* I used to yell at the monitor and throw meals at the walls. Once, I kicked the front door so hard it went through 3 cars; the folks here were rather upset with me for that.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,134 posts
9,231 battles
2 hours ago, torpsRus said:

I seem to get the team that plays poorly and looses.

Stop.... evaluate what you could have done differently in each battle and move on. Do not waste time evaluating your team mates. You will get better do better and feel better almost instantly. 

Cheers.