You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Diggerfist

charging for unused Consumables

18 comments in this topic

[-CFS-]
[-CFS-]
Members
2 posts
1,102 battles

I've only been playing WOWS for a few weeks now, but I've played WOT for several years. I've noticed that you are charged for consumables even if they are not used. In WOT, if you don't use a consumable, your not charged for it. Why is it different in WOWS. Thank you for your responses and answers.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,158 posts
1,654 battles

Different games, different economy balances.

Personally I think it is too easy to earn silver in WoWS.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

While it might be unfair to be charged for consumables you dont use, especially in like a cruiser with dfaa, I do agree that silver is easy enough to earn that it really doesnt matter. In wot it's a struggle for credits

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

You also have the same servicing cost regardless of whether you lose all of your health or none of it. But as has been pointed out, credits are easy to come by, so it's no big deal.

Edited by cometguy

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

This, I don't sell off ships and I still have around 100 million credits. It does sort of suck when you are using premium consumables but you really don't need or want to use them in anything but Ranked or Clan Wars.

[-CFS-]
[-CFS-]
Members
2 posts
1,102 battles

I must be doing something wrong. Two out of three battles, I loss credits.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, Diggerfist said:

I must be doing something wrong. Two out of three battles, I loss credits.

Play harder, play random. This is not WoT, it is hard to not have money in this game. This is my experience in WoT:

• Ping
  • Ding
  • No penatration
  • Dead

It's only been a minute and a half and I still have no money to repair my Tier VI IJA Tank in addition to having a crew only 93% trained for each tank.

Edited by Vangm94

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,501 posts
8,037 battles

Not only that, in WoWs, yoir pretty much guaranteed to deal damage. In WoT famage not only is a challenge it can be impossible if confronted by certain tanks. T150 vs kv4 anyone?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

Not only that, in WoWs, yoir pretty much guaranteed to deal damage. In WoT famage not only is a challenge it can be impossible if confronted by certain tanks. T150 vs kv4 anyone?

Back when I played WoT

• We didn't even scratch them! 
  • That one didn't go through! 
  • We didn't penetrate their armor! 
  • It bounced off! 
  • That one ricocheted! 
  • Ricochet. 
  • We've just dinged them.

:fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua:

:fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom::fish_boom:

WoWS

:fish_happy::cap_win:

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles

It's possible to lose money once you reach T7. If you detonate the first minute you'll lose money. But below that tier, I never lost money. Maybe it's just me not always running premium consummable 

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles

In a way, charging for consumables reflects real life as many things are replenished after a mission whether they are "used" or not. In Army training, for instance, ammo that was checked out for a field maneuver had to be expended because opened crates could not be re-stored with the assurance that they would still be good years later. The Army knows how to store things long term. We were still firing shells from WWII into the early 80s.  

[SIMP]
Members
819 posts
8,232 battles
31 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

The front of the KV4 turret is easily penetrated by everything, it is only 100 or 120 mil thick.

[WOLF9]
Members
252 posts
3,812 battles

AFAIK you are only charged to mount the first of each type of consumable on the ship.  After that you are only charged to replenish what has been used.  Which makes sense to me, you have to buy the consumable to put it on the ship in the first place.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I always assumed that's how it works.

Edited by Uncle_Lou

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,501 posts
8,037 battles
1 minute ago, _cthulhu_ said:

The front of the KV4 turret is easily penetrated by everything, it is only 100 or 120 mil thick.

Its 160 or 180 last i looked. Il check tanks.gg in a little bit. There is no way a t150 could pen that thing if the kv driver wasnt asleep.

[SIMP]
Members
819 posts
8,232 battles
12 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Its 160 or 180 last i looked. Il check tanks.gg in a little bit. There is no way a t150 could pen that thing if the kv driver wasnt asleep.

You are correct, my mistake, 107 on the T150 is 167/219 pen

So, yeah, 40% pen on AP / 100% pen APCR.

Working as intended, just have 10 rnds APCR for those pesky tanks and you are all good.

167 AP pen seems a bit light, it is...

Edited by _cthulhu_

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Diggerfist said:

I've only been playing WOWS for a few weeks now, but I've played WOT for several years. I've noticed that you are charged for consumables even if they are not used. In WOT, if you don't use a consumable, your not charged for it. Why is it different in WOWS. Thank you for your responses and answers.

See the source image