You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1nv4d3rZ1m

The O7/MIA Torpedo Jousting Tournament is returning!

24 comments in this topic

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,668 posts
7,570 battles
The O7/MIA Torpedo Jousting Tournament is returning!
7pm PACIFIC 6/21: ALL ARE INVITED!!!!

unknown.png

Rules:

• NA Only at this time
  • Bring a V25 tier 2 German DD with a 3 point captain.
  • Front two torp tubes only, no guns.
  • Any module configuration is allowed.
  • Each contender will fight against their own teammates, inside friendly cap circles. (This way we avoid too many ram kills).
  • 3 Rounds, top 4 players from each team will advance to the next round. Except in the last round, the jousting for each team ends when only 2 players remain, to avoid the possibility of cutting the match short for the opposite team.
  • 72 players MAXIMUM.

MafEgBS.png?width=1532&height=862

Rewards: Winner of First Place will receive a Tier 8 or lower Premium Ship of their choice! Second place receives a Tier 7 or lower Premium Ship of their choice! Third place receives a Tier 6 Premium Ship of their choice! More prizes may be given out for other achievements during the Tournament!

In order to participate you must Place your IGN in #jousting-signup channel of our discord in order to save your spot. Otherwise, first come first serve on the night of the event.

If you dont already use discord and have access to our server here is an invite to our server: https://discord.gg/htW9P4x

The last Torp Jousting Tournament had 48 participants, we are hoping to max out our 72 player capacity for this event. Bring yourselves, bring your V-25, and bring a friend.

In the words of our brave leader: we're hosting the event for the server, to bring communities together and have some fun - @bfk_ferlyfe

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudExcitedHerringKlappa

http://www.twitch.tv/bfk_fer1yfe/v/262576441?sr=a&t=1217s

• Cool 11

[-K-]
Members
5,086 posts
8,967 battles

Would be hilarious if the winner picked an Emden or Smith as their prize of choice....

[O7]
Members
520 posts
12,625 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Would be hilarious if the winner picked an Emden or Smith as their prize of choice....

The first place winner elected to take 12,000 duobloons last time :)

[CUTIE]
Members
3 posts
2,511 battles
23 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

The first place winner elected to take 12,000 duobloons last time :)

Thanks to a kind forfeiture of prize from Kebob!

Looking for a bit of redemption this go around :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,914 posts
3,304 battles

would love to participate, but my computer, for some odd reason, refuses to allow Discord to be used...

[O7]
Members
520 posts
12,625 battles
18 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

would love to participate, but my computer, for some odd reason, refuses to allow Discord to be used...

Have you tried the web based version?  This is a know way to circumvent most issues with the desktop client.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles

These are really fun! Would definitely come and have fun. Take a break from randoms or the Halsey grind.

[O7]
Members
520 posts
12,625 battles
16 minutes ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

ITS HAPPENING! LETS GOO

GET YOUR V-25 OUT GUYS

Thanks for the GENEROUS donations @HellaCopterRescue

For this event, and the first one as Well!!!

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,051 battles

Only purples are participating in this thread, hahahha

the player demographic separation is real.

[O7]
Members
520 posts
12,625 battles
4 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Absolutely Not!!! This event is for the entire community.   The goal is to have as many new people join and enjoy the foolishness with us!!

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,597 battles

Damn, I'll be working. This sounds like my kind of nonsense. I would buy back the v25 for this. Maybe next time. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,051 battles

So are your own clan member/ allied clan members eligible for the prize? Since it was not explicitly forbidden in the event description, the assumption is your own friends and clan members can participate and be eligible for the prize. If that is so, then this is for you

While this Psammis was king of Egypt, there came to him men sent by the Eleians, who boasted that they ordered the contest at Olympia in the most just and honourable manner possible and thought that not even the Egyptians, the wisest of men, could find out anything besides, to be added to their rules. Now when the Eleians came to Egypt and said that for which they had come, then this king called together those of the Egyptians who were reputed the wisest, and when the Egyptians had come together they heard the Eleians tell of all that which it was their part to do in regard to the contest; and when they had related everything, they said that they had come to learn in addition anything which the Egyptians might be able to find out besides, which was juster than this. They then having consulted together asked the Eleians whether their own citizens took part in the contest; and they said that it was permitted to any one who desired it, both of their own people and of the other Hellenes equally, to take part in the contest: upon which the Egyptians said that in so ordering the games they had wholly missed the mark of justice; for it could not be but that they would take part with the man of their own State, if he was contending, and so act unfairly to the stranger: but if they really desired, as they said, to order the games justly, and if this was the cause for which they had come to Egypt, they advised them to order the contest so as to be for strangers alone to contend in, and that no Eleian should be permitted to contend. Such was the suggestion made by the Egyptians to the Eleians.

Edited by NeutralState

[O7]
Members
520 posts
12,625 battles

Yes they are eligible; however, an 07 member won the last event and elected to forfeit his 12,000 duobloons.   As a result, three non members from non allied clans took home the prizes.  The purpose of this event is to meet new members of the community and have some fun.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,668 posts
7,570 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

That is not true, there are several people who participated in the thread that are not purple the important thing for us however however is meeting and interacting with people in the event. The last time we held this event there were people from multiple different clans that participated and had fun. Comments like your are not only wrong but they are divisive and create an unnecessary separation in the player base. This is our attempt at meeting other people who share our passion for the game and who we havent yet met. I dont think its wrong of us to try and meet other players and we happened to choose a method of encouraging players to meet us by putting together a fun event with some prizes. I hope you can understand, this is not supposed to be some ultra competitive stressful event like ranked or supremacy league, just some fun entertainment with some prizes that hopefully brings some people over to say hi.

1 hour ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Damn, I'll be working. This sounds like my kind of nonsense. I would buy back the v25 for this. Maybe next time. 

We are trying to make the a regular event, keep your eye out for this even to return in the future.

[CUTIE]
Members
3 posts
2,511 battles

GG's guys! Congrats to Skeem for pulling off the miracle and Roxxien for a hardfought battle! Looking forward to the next one!

Many thanks to 07, and HellaCopter for the awards/prizes and the organization! These tournaments have been a blast and have really helped get into the community a little bit!

Members
1,874 posts
5,656 battles

Hmm, there aren't any carriers like last year?

Well, I'm afraid I'm a bit too busy to participate, but good luck to all contestants!

giphy.gif