Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

Hindy legendary module

10 comments in this topic

[GN_BR]
Members
124 posts
4,595 battles

Who else is salivating over getting the legendary module for their Hindy? The boat will basically be fireproof and will be able to deal with enemy torps better at the cost of the concealment module. Can’t wait to try it out.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Still not sure about it personally.  But I don't play her right.  I'm more of a stealth until the late game, then bully, type of player so giving up concealment would make it harder to survive for me into the late game where the module would be beneficial.  I'm new to the Hindy as well though so that opinion will probably change as i get more time in her under my belt.

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,403 battles

It will be a very interesting choice in clan battles. Taking so little fire damage will give you an edge in cruiser vs cruiser combat.

It is not as useful in random battles. It is still a decent choice but I still prefer concealment or SGM3. Your biggest threat is most likely still BB AP.

• Cool 1

Members
1,504 posts
7,919 battles
On 6/21/2018 at 8:14 PM, Exciton8964 said:

It will be a very interesting choice in clan battles. Taking so little fire damage will give you an edge in cruiser vs cruiser combat.

It is not as useful in random battles. It is still a decent choice but I still prefer concealment or SGM3. Your biggest threat is most likely still BB AP.

Hey

I have to agree; would be hard to give up concealment and run the risk of getting shot by everyone; seems I get focused fired on enough as it is.  That's why I prefer to run the range mod and keep my distance; able to go dark and reposition.  Still could be interesting to see what it's like, maybe add the ROF mod and more survival build.

Pete

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I'm tempted, but not sold on it. This is a mod made for tanking and bare-knuckle brawling, which would be very useful to my admittedly clumsy and unrefined tactics in the Hindy. On the other hand, I'd have to give up CM and that thing can be a LIFESAVER if you see the tables turning south in time to do your best impression of brave Sir Robin. Tough call, I'd like to have tested it for a few battles on PT to compare in hindsight.

[GN_BR]
Members
124 posts
4,595 battles

So I have run 10 games now with legendary module, not a large sample size. Running almost full anti-fire build, without fire prevention captain skill or the fire reduction chance module. My burning time is now aprox. 10 secs. Pushing early in matches results in too much ap to be noticeable. Switched from reload mod to range mod to keep my distance iearly and I have been having more success with more he coming at me. Popping dc whenever I have it ready for fires has proven to work best so far. I will keep adjusting play style but not facing gk’s or yammy”s will allow pushing earlier in games due to their lolpens.

[RFF]
Members
11 posts
3,325 battles

For myself this is a win/win module. 

IMO Hindy doesn't really need a concealment module, you should be hanging either right behind your DDs to squash enemy destroyers in 2 salvos once they pop or on line or right behind your BBs when you push. 

I have always ran the steering gear mod so I make use of all my turrets so losing half of that module but gaining all of the repair perks is awesome. 

Hindi is probably the best all round cruiser for tier X and this just makes it better. 

[LWS]
[LWS]
Members
61 posts
6,693 battles

I have tried Legendary module for a Hindenburg in ranked and it is more of a "side grade" then an upgrade. Trading 12.3km concealment for "immunity" to fires is nice but with 13.2km concealment you have to slot Main Battery Range in slot 6 and hang out in the back with the Battleships. For comparison Concealment Yamato is about 13.5km. If one has to go solo on a flank without DD spotting, i would rather not be out detected by every Battleship, before I fire my guns.

Giving up the Main Battery Reload, hurts the already low HE DPM that is need to deal with bow tanking Kurfursts, Yamatos, Moskvas/ Stalingrads and their 50mm armor. the lack of DPM also noticeable at shorter ranges where the Hindenburg's armor scheme most effective.

The Legendary module is meant for for certain play style, HE slinging snipe-fest at from behind the islands at 20+ km, not my cup of tea. i would rather prefer to surprise other cruisers from from 12 km with AP salvos to the broad side if possible.

[STW]
Members
43 posts
12,233 battles
On 9/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sammy_Small said:

I have tried Legendary module for a Hindenburg in ranked and it is more of a "side grade" then an upgrade. Trading 12.3km concealment for "immunity" to fires is nice but with 13.2km concealment you have to slot Main Battery Range in slot 6 and hang out in the back with the Battleships. For comparison Concealment Yamato is about 13.5km. If one has to go solo on a flank without DD spotting, i would rather not be out detected by every Battleship, before I fire my guns.

Giving up the Main Battery Reload, hurts the already low HE DPM that is need to deal with bow tanking Kurfursts, Yamatos, Moskvas/ Stalingrads and their 50mm armor. the lack of DPM also noticeable at shorter ranges where the Hindenburg's armor scheme most effective.

The Legendary module is meant for for certain play style, HE slinging snipe-fest at from behind the islands at 20+ km, not my cup of tea. i would rather prefer to surprise other cruisers from from 12 km with AP salvos to the broad side if possible.

None of the unique/legendary upgrades are intended to be "no-brainers" as most come with significant trade-offs.  I like the Hindenburg's unique upgrade and now play with it regularly.  Yes, I've needed to adjust my play style, including mounting the Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 in slot 6 instead of the Main Battery upgrade.  Frankly, I haven't seen my average numbers decline, and operating at longer range gives me better flexibility on positioning and targets.  I agree, however, that using the Main Battery upgrade with the unique upgrade is risky because it means having to play closer, making it harder to get back into concealment if you are focused.

I uploaded a replay with commentary on the unique upgrade to YouTube so that folks might get a perspective:  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this