You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
captkrueger

New to WoWS but not WG

13 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
269 battles

Hi all

new player here, less than a week looking for a clan. 

I just need help in playing better. I understand how ships are used in rl but games are different. 

Unless gone from home for work or pleasure on most of the tome for a couple of hours. 

Firmer USA infantry and USAF enlisted. Yes I know sounds strange but another story. 

Currently working on T4 ships for 4 countries. 

As as for competitive play never the best but always a strong support player. 

Anyway hope to here back as learning ftom random battles is only sniping and camping which does not feel correct. 

• Cool 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hello and welcome to the forums, and WoWs! :fish_aqua:

There are many clans out there for new players looking to learn and become better players. 

Fair winds and following seas captain! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,629 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChase, Notser, Flamu, BIA World of Warships, Lord Zath Replay Theater and even the Mighty Jingles has really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful

• Cool 1

Members
12 posts
269 battles

Thanks for the good wishes. 

Searching these forums everyone seems to only want high teir players.  Ok I guess but difficult for us new players.  

Will do do some searching in game later and maybe find some newer clans or something.  

[MOD]
Members
4 posts
4,542 battles

Hello new captain. MOD clan is recruiting new players. We have a post here as well. Should still be on from page. 

We enjoy assisting new players with learning the game. If your interested give me a shout. 

[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,276 posts
10,539 battles
7 hours ago, captkrueger said:

Hi all

I just need help in playing better. I understand how ships are used in rl but games are different. 

Unless gone from home for work or pleasure on most of the tome for a couple of hours. 

Firmer USA infantry and USAF enlisted. Yes I know sounds strange but another story. 

Anyway hope to here back as learning ftom random battles is only sniping and camping which does not feel correct. 

Hey captkrueger!

Welcome to the World of Warships (and the WOWS forums)!  For your express information, TSG4 is currently recruiting.... and we're looking for a few good ship captains to join us!  Tactical Strike Group 4 is a veteran founded, veteran owned and veteran operated military-style gaming organization that encompasses and combines various functions, organizational structures and practices from multiple military branches. The TSG4 community is defined as “military-style” because it has a rigid support infrastructure patterned after a military unit with awards & decorations, ranks and duty positions. It has a hard-coded and stable Chain of Command with a dedicated corps of leaders, officers, and NCOs at all levels. More than that, we pride ourselves on teamwork, community and communication... and we espouse an ethos encompassing unity, respect, brotherhood, and family.

THANK YOU for your service!!  Since you are a Military Veteran.... here is a link to a list that shows all of the Current Members of TSG4 who are either Active Military or Veteran Military:  http://www.tsg4.org/hallofheroes

We are an Active organization that is "Casually Competitive" ....and All are welcome... you are not required to have a military background to become a member of TSG4! However, if  you would like to experience the various expertise and the tight camaraderie from military personnel in a military-style organization within a Mil-Sim (Military Simulation Game), then you will fit right in with us!

Today is the last day of our Torpedo Contest.... but no worries, there are more contests (with cookies) coming in the near future!     Stop by.... visit our site and read through our SOP's!  And remember........

Recruitment poster 1.jpg

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

[PGMN]
[PGMN]
Members
5 posts
1,608 battles

The members of PGMN are always willing to help you if you need it. Most if not all of our members still have their lower tier ships, I know at least three of us do.

I will say that learning the game by playing random battles might not be the best approach. I'd say playing co-op to learn the basics and then moving to PvP would probably be better. If you're into playing against other people that is. Either way, that's me opinion on that matter. One thing I can say is that, for random battles you make much more XP, so you can grind up faster(As I'm sure you know.). However, with co-op you might not earn as much, it's much more laid back so you can learn the basics a bit easier. Throw in one or two people that can help you out telling you where to aim and such, and boom. You'll learn everything in no time flat. Hahaha!

If you're interested you are more than welcome to message me either here, or in game. I'll provide a link to our clan recruitment page here on the forums as well for you to view at your leisure. Good luck out there! Than you for your service as well!

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Members
169 posts
7,432 battles

You will find a lot of advice that will be immensely helpful cruising the forums, that is a given. My best advice to you would be simply - Do Not Get Discouraged When It Seems Like You Cannot Keep Your Boat Afloat. We ALL Sink-a-lot. It is THE Game, which after all is A GAME.

“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by CIT_Happens
placement

Members
54 posts
1,870 battles
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, captkrueger said:

Hi all

Hey come aboard with Fc Failed concept isn't demanding we don't require you to play in clan we just want to have fun we have a discord if your interestered in joining the discord so we want you to be in our clan as honored member.

Members
12 posts
269 battles

Hi all and thanks for so many folks contacting me.  I was really surprised as I have only been in the game for such a short time.  After looking at everything I am going to give TSG4 a shot. 

Once more thanks to everyone that reach out to me and those that were so willing to make exceptions to their clan rules.  Really nice group of people here.

See you all on the seas and do ot get mad if I finish you off as I will not if you do the same to me!  LOL

Beta Testers
63 posts
6,366 battles

Hey captkrueger

I would like to invite you to jump onto our TS3 server and have a chat to see if we are a good fit for you!

We don't care so much about statistics of our players. We have members who have 5k games with 65%WR and every TX ship in the game, to players who have less than 500 games, 40%WR and nothing over tier 5. All we care about is that you are willing to improve your game play experience, but also if you have something to offer, help us as well. Everybody can learn something at some point in their life.

I have sent you a message ingame, and hopefully we can have a chat soon.

Cheers

Billy_The_Dog [TAW]

• Bad 1