You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

With the introduction of Legendary Upgrades, the time has come. . .(Poll!)

Should Tier 10 battles include only Tier 9 and Tier 10 ships? (No tier 8s)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tier 10 battles include only Tier 9 and Tier 10 ships? (No tier 8s)

• Definitely! Legendary Upgrades make this a requirement.
    • No, it's fine for Tier 8's to get increasingly curb stomped with the new upgrades.
    • I don't have an opinion, I just like to vote in polls.

41 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts

. . . to remove Tier 8 ships from Tier 10 games.

Post L-Us, Tier 10 ships should only see Tier 9 and Tier 10 opponents.

There is already too big a power gap between Tier 8 and Tier 10.  These Legendary Upgrades are only going to exacerbate the problem.  Especially when you have these games where there is 1 Tier 10 ship per side in a game that is otherwise all Tier 8s and 9s.  Yes, skilled players can still do well in a Tier 10 game with a Tier 8, but that is only occasionally, and not the experience of the majority of the player base.

If matchmaking time is a problem, just make this a rule that gets suspended when the player population is less than 7,500 or something.

Other reasons to remove them:

• WG will sell more Tier 8 premiums
  • The presence of Tier 8s doesn't really add much to a Tier 10 game
  • Probably a 60% reduction in the amount of MM player frustration (and maybe a reduction in MM whine threads!)
  • Creates a better play environment for the vast majority of the player base
  • Focuses Tier 9 and 10 more on skilled, competitive players - improving balance at Tier 10 due to more consistent skill sets.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles

Those legendary upgrades are not straight up upgrades, but trade offs.

For example Hindenburg may become a lot more tanky, but in the process she will miss out on the Concealment or Steering Gears Module. That‘s a rather heavy price, and I as a Hindenburg main doubt that I will actually be using this upgrade.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
Just now, SireneRacker said:

For example Hindenburg may become a lot more tanky, but in the process she will miss out on the Concealment or Steering Gears Module. That‘s a rather heavy price, and I as a Hindenburg main doubt that I will actually be using this upgrade.

Wow. . . not just a cruiser main, but a Hindenburg main!  LOL

I dunno. . . it looked pretty good to me.  I think I might give hers a try, along with Montana and Grosser Kurfurst.   We'll see how it goes.

But then, I'm an aggressive battleship player that sometimes plays cruisers. . . so it's probably more my style than yours.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,303 posts
3,653 battles
2 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

This basically. Most of the legendary upgrades open up new playstyle options. I would suggest you check out Flamu's vids on the Zao or Henri IV, I believe he does a good job of highlighting the differences the legendaries bring up.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I still don’t have a problem being put into tier 10 in a tier 8. I’m not a fan of it but I don’t mind it. Maybe it’s just remembering old times when it was worse though... You just have to recognize that you aren’t top tier and play more conservatively. 

[TDRB]
Members
949 posts
3,626 battles
2 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Yes, they are a trade offs and at what seems to be a heavy price. But it would be nice if it was possible to have a T10 only battles.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

This isnt wot where you have to fire gold ammo to be effective ag tier 10... any tier 8 can do just fine against a tier 10. Dds have torps, cruisers set fires, and battleship guns are big enough. 

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Oh my a double post! I guess that's what happens when you use mobile

Edited by _1204_

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
32 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Wow. . . not just a cruiser main, but a Hindenburg main!  LOL

I dunno. . . it looked pretty good to me.  I think I might give hers a try, along with Montana and Grosser Kurfurst.   We'll see how it goes.

But then, I'm an aggressive battleship player that sometimes plays cruisers. . . so it's probably more my style than yours.

The module guves benefits which are rather questionable at some point. The reduction in fire duration and main battery repair are nice, no doubt, but the other two are more or less pointless. If you flood you have already eaten a Torpedo which shove off up to 40% of your health, so you are screwed already, and from my experience I have never really eaten a lot of damage from floods. The steering gears may sound nice, but since I don‘t run LS and consider rudder damage a type of damage that needs to be fixed asap, that is also not that impressive.

However, I am losing out on a lot of Concealment. It‘ll jump up from 12.3km to 13.7km, and that makes disengaging or surprising enemies a lot more difficult, as well as the early game positioning.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
44 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, they are a trade offs and at what seems to be a heavy price. But it would be nice if it was possible to have a T10 only battles.

We have Ranked Battles and Clan Battles for that.

[SF-3]
Members
1,431 posts
7,875 battles

I vote no T8 in T10 games, but not because of the new modules, I think all MM should be +-1

• Cool 4

Members
200 posts
4,136 battles

Limit T9 and T10 to each other...

T8 becomes 100% always top. Let me buy a Tirpitz, Graf Zepplin, Enterprise, Atago, Prinz eugen, Alabama, Kidd, Asashio, ANY T8 premium and let any wallet warrior to curb stomp t6 and t7 noobs?

Edited by Swift_Scythe
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles

When you get to T8, it's welcome to the big leagues, son.  Either you learn to hack it with the big dogs or you relegate yourself to mid-tier (which is perfectly fine).

The legendary modules aren't going to change this.

[CAPGO]
Members
511 posts
3,259 battles

While I voted for the first one which says to limit the tier 10 matches to see up to only tier 9s, It's ironic that I think tier 7 needs more desperate help. I feel more helpless playing in tier 7 facing tier 9s than being in tier 8 facing tier 10s.

[ICBM]
Members
295 posts
4,840 battles

Unless they change it, the Khab legendary upgrade will be virtually useless. You lose almost all your maneuverability for 1km extra range. Hard to see that working at all

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Exactly, depending on your playstyle I would not take this upgrade on Hindenburg  because I like the better concealment also rudder shift is a must for my gameplay and fun factor ,on other ships it may be a different story 

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles

I think tier 10 should only see tier 10. Protect it the same as tier 1. No reason to add free xp to those matches.

Members
17,723 posts
5,084 battles

Doesn't the Hindy module have its own rudder shift bonus? (less than the dedicated module of course)

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Doesn't the Hindy module have its own rudder shift bonus? (less than the dedicated module of course)

Oh yes, derped that one. It's -20% rudder shift rather than the -20% to rudder repair. Not that it changes my overall judgement of being of little use for me, Concealment is just way too strong in the current meta.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,727 posts
9,432 battles

Yea. Having to give up the consealment mod is too heavy a price on Hindi. Most of these mods do not look to be worth it. 

Members
17,723 posts
5,084 battles
14 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Oh yes, derped that one. It's -20% rudder shift rather than the -20% to rudder repair. Not that it changes my overall judgement of being of little use for me, Concealment is just way too strong in the current meta.

Fair enough. I use the rudder shift myself. (although I do have CE)

But certainly, use of the module won't be a no-brainer.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,727 posts
9,432 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

I think tier 10 should only see tier 10. Protect it the same as tier 1. No reason to add free xp to those matches.

Protecting T1 was a mistake. 

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles

The new Legendary upgrades, so far I like the

• Worcester
  • Yamato
  • Hindenburg

For these ships its not a trade off..

1. I free XP'ed  to the Yamato when I saw the Legendary upgrade for her.
  2. The Worcester is right up my play style being that Flame thrower rapid fire squishy cruiser
  3. The Hindenburg, the only way you're sinking that ship is by HE spam/fire, but with her Legendary upgrade you negated that. GL luck sinking her now
  4. For All other upgrades of other ships not mentioned above yes its a trade off.

Now I got a goal, GL and HF.

P.S.

Its going to be hard for regular tier 8's to complete at tier 10 now. Premium tier 8s no change IMO

Edited by Navalpride33