Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Ship prices

12 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
137 posts
2,862 battles

I'm curious how WG comes up with prices like $37.15 for Loyang or $24.82 for Sims. They look rather random but I feel there should be some logic. Are they based on tonnage or firepower?

[-1]
Members
137 posts
2,862 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

Are using USD or another currency?

USD--that's what I see now.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
6 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I'm curious how WG comes up with prices like $37.15 for Loyang or $24.82 for Sims. They look rather random but I feel there should be some logic. Are they based on tonnage or firepower?

They're based on tier and what they're bundled with. The credit cost when you sell something can be divided by 750 to get the dubloon price and you can convert those back to real money (if you buy dubloons in $100 increments $1 = 250 dubloons).

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles

Cheapest is the lowest tier obviously. If ships are the same tier the DD is cheapest followed by CA/CL then BB and finally CV is the most expensive. I would assume they set up a generic list from tier 2-10 with types and decided how many premium ships were acceptable at each tier and type and based them to make it so that only a certain percent of people would buy them. 

A decent example is clothing brands. They don’t price items based on cost to make, they price them based on what they think people will pay for their product in order to hit a certain percentage. 

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,480 battles

They used to be consistent, the pricing change to prevent doubloon farming might have caused this.

Edited by Compassghost

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles
1 minute ago, w4spl3g said:

They're based on tier and what they're bundled with. The credit cost when you sell something can be divided by 750 to get the dubloon price and you can convert those back to real money (if you buy dubloons in $100 increments $1 = 250 dubloons).

Then Why is Huanghe the most expensive when all you get is the ship,premium camo and no commander or signal + anything else?

uhuh.PNG

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

I think a dev once said the price is basically reliant on how much work was done, so man hours and complexity/detail of the model dictate the pricing.  The bigger the ship, the more modelling it needs. After that is done, I believe they round up to doubloon values.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles
11 minutes ago, Huanghe said:

Then Why is Huanghe the most expensive when all you get is the ship,premium camo and no commander or signal + anything else?

uhuh.PNG

It has small changes to pricing due to being new vs old or having a gimmick vs not. There are other reasons price changes happen as well butjust think about any other real life product.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,284 battles

it is a universal conversation to many currencies at a time, so that people in other countries are paying the same price.

[-1]
Members
137 posts
2,862 battles
4 minutes ago, StingRayOne said:

it is a universal conversation to many currencies at a time, so that people in other countries are paying the same price.

Ah, that seems to be a good reason.

Sign in to follow this