You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DrewTenma

Leaving Early Penalty

33 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles

WG, you need to remove the leaving early penalty for CV players. Why in gods name should we be forced to stay in game after we have been deplaned? We don't have any use in the game after that. It seems like you people at WG keep finding one way after another to screw over people that play CVs. IDK if your intentionally making CV players lives miserable or if your devs just doing think things through before you implement stuff

Edited by DrewTenma
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 13

Members
1,779 posts
5,641 battles

No one should leave the game early. Even with no planes you should be trying to help the team. You should be penalized. 

• Cool 7

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles

lol oh please. tank? in an CV? yeah right, you just letting the enemy farm damage at that point. CVs actually used to be fun to play, now WG has nerfed them to the point that they might as well be removed from the game -_-

• Bad 2

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles

Stay calm. You need to try not to be deplaned during game. Regardless if you stay alive you may still be useful. I remember one battle where were two CVs in the end beating with secondaries for caps. I controled one of those. Any player need to fight to the end.
Also you may cover your teammates with AA Defence, etc. 
So, there are no plans to remove penalty for CV players.

• Cool 9

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,761 posts
12,435 battles

@DrewTenma yes tank cap make enemy chase you or perhaps manage your planes a bit better like the opponent who shot all of yours down. Or perhaps don't use a CV

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,761 posts
12,435 battles

@turbo07 thumbs up to you the system says I cant give you one

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,447 battles
17 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

WG, you need to remove the leaving early penalty for CV players. Why in gods name should we be forced to stay in game after we have been deplaned? We don't have any use in the game after that. It seems like you people at WG keep finding one way after another to screw over people that play CVs. IDK if your intentionally making CV players lives miserable or if your devs just doing think things through before you implement stuff

If you get deplaned early depending on the CV, you can still be bait.  Guess what you pop up for just a moment, people want to chase a big fat target.  USN CVs especially T6 and up are very fast, generally as fast as a cruiser, with a speed flag, in some cases only iJN cruisers have speed to keep up with you.   Also USN CV tend to have decent AA if you build AFT and BFT, and have the Concealment Spec'd.  And if all you have are fighters left you have scouting ability still and the ability to help hold off the other CV.  Last but not least look for ship that has it's guns pointed the other way, and ram it.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

There was one game I remember clearly where the cv thought like you did, but didn't actually leave he just parked on the edge of the map when out of planes.  The thing is we only had US BBs left and the enemy had an Aigle and 1 maybe 2 other ships.  I knew the Aigle would try to cap so i tried to get the cv to sail to our cap while the slow BBs sat in the enemy cap.  Despite our BBs being in the enemy cap for much longer, the other enemy reset them enough to allow the Aigle to cap when we were 90% capped (the remaining enemies were BBs).  If the CV would have merely sailed into our cap to prevent the Aigle from capping for a little bit or been another body in the enemy cap to cap faster we would have won. 

Just because you no longer have your offensive weapons does not mean you are done with the game.  If say a BB loses all its turrets would you want them to not get the leaver penalty as well?  Maybe you would but that would not be good for the game.  Until your ship is sunk it is your job to help your team however you can.  Sometimes it is hiding to keep your ships points in the game.  Other times its doing something a bit more creative.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
225 posts
2,001 battles

If you can move, you can still cap, get in range for some secondary damage, or even ram.  

• Cool 2

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
53 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

lol oh please. tank? in an CV? yeah right, you just letting the enemy farm damage at that point. CVs actually used to be fun to play, now WG has nerfed them to the point that they might as well be removed from the game -_-

Actually wrong point of view. If you stay you would be an easy damage for enemies. So just don't, move with your team, suppot them with what you have. Even drawing fire could help sometimes your team to attack effectivelly. Escape from enemy crew, not from the battle. 
No need to remove the class. But the mechanics would be changed. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,628 posts
25,330 battles

Cap, tank, ram, spot, distract enemies and make them chase you.

Yeah, nothing for you to do. If you don't like any of these, then don't lose all your planes.

[SHAFT]
Members
165 posts
10,001 battles

Sorry but no.

I have been in lots of games where a loss turned to a win because the enemy team lemming trained after our "de-planed" CV which allowed us to either take caps or punish them for the beautiful broadsides they showed. Or even better the enemy CV forgot the deleting our other ships, tried taking out our CV for his planes to be melted with CV defensive AA.

Once you are alive you can influence the game's outcome.

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
39 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Actually wrong point of view. If you stay you would be an easy damage for enemies. So just don't, move with your team, suppot them with what you have. Even drawing fire could help sometimes your team to attack effectivelly. Escape from enemy crew, not from the battle. 
No need to remove the class. But the mechanics would be changed. 

None of this would be a problem if you people at WG would fix the CV line. So much for year of the CV. Your more interested in adding other boats, and you just leave the CVs to rot... -_-

• Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
4 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

None of this would be a problem if you people at WG would fix the CV line. So much for year of the CV. Your more interested in adding other boats, and you just leave the CVs to rot... -_-

If you dont like the cv mechanics, then why are you playing them?

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

If you dont like the cv mechanics, then why are you playing them?

I USED to like them back in 2016 and 2017 but those same mechanics are BROKEN now. WG broke them when they added other things to the game and WG doesn't care enough to fix them

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
48 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

We don't have any use in the game after that.

Look at the minimap. Do you see those red circles? Ever considered entering them? Even without planes a Carrier can capture bases, which will help your team swing the battle in your favor, without having a ship that can still fight removed from the battle for several minutes.

[O_O]
Members
783 posts
4,734 battles
10 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

I USED to like them back in 2016 and 2017 but those same mechanics are BROKEN now. WG broke them when they added other things to the game and WG doesn't care enough to fix them

The complete overhaul of this class and everything it effects (in other words, every ship in the game with AA batteries) is deeply in progress.  So much so that select Community Contributors have had hands on the new system and though limited in what they can report, say that it's worth waiting for.

Lofting accusations full of hot air will do nothing at all to hurry the development team along, and will only serve to damage the accuser's reputation.  Patience is the only way we'll end up with a product that's not completely and utterly broken, and I believe it's worth giving them the time necessary for it.

-R

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
8 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

Flaming is the way to nowhere. We haven't had such great changes in the mechanics from the start. We've implemented Strafing for high lvl, new bombs and torps, some balance changes.
I'll lock the topic, if there is nothing constructive to mention.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,573 battles

OP sounds like so many who give up when things don't go their way. I'm sure many of us have seen these players in our games, who don't want to play unless the battle is in their favor.

As has been said, even a ship that has lost their main weapons can affect the outcome. If the enemy ignores you, you get to cap. If the enemy spends time and attacks sinking you, they aren't spending time and attacks on your teammates. If you get close to the enemy, you still have AAA and secondaries to help your teammates, and can even ram. At the least, you are another pair of eyes to spot the enemy.

So, no. You don't get to run away and claim you aren't hurting your team and don't deserve a penalty. Run in, cause what trouble you can, and take what happens with some degree of sportsmanship. After all, you got yourself into that situation, and you don't lose anything you weren't ready to give up when you queued up for the battle.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles

I've seen CVs, deplaned or not, get up into red caps and take them late in the game when ships are thinned out, and win the game.

46 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

If you get deplaned early depending on the CV, you can still be bait. 

And this. ^^^^

Not every red pays enough attention to know you're deplaned. some just get "CV fever" and go all rabid at the prospect of a CV kill. You can get two, even three reds to go after you and take them out of the fight against your team.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,886 posts
8,176 battles

In my deplaned CVs, I have capped numerous times and sank 3 DDS so yes you can contribute.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Things I've done as a deplaned CV:

Got solo warrior.

Capped in domination.

Capped in standard battle.

Capped in epicenter.

Rammed the enemy CV.

Sink a destroyer with my secondaries.

• Cool 3