Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_greifer

The Great Marianas Turkey Shoot

8 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,524 battles

Thank you for the flag WG, its a good commemoration for the naval battle.

I completed the tasks easily enough, though I was wondering for a flag that depicts the greatest carrier to carrier battle, why the missions were kill vessels as cruisers and then as battleships or DDs.

One would presume that these would have been CV orientated, i.e. get ten kills as a CV (even T5 +) and then shoot down 10-20 planes? even for co-op as well as random to make it less salt worthy. Its just interesting for the battle that it portrayed and the flag itself, did not include any of the things that it stands for, that being planes, CVs and the AA.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Really? You haven't noticed the CV population is some what lacking.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,524 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Really? You haven't noticed the CV population is some what lacking.

Not really, at tiers 7 to 10, im seeing a CV every second to third game on a regular basis, and that is solo.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,946 battles
1 hour ago, _greifer said:

Not really, at tiers 7 to 10, im seeing a CV every second to third game on a regular basis, and that is solo.

it's inconsistent at best, some people see no CV's, others see them all the time.

And the first mission at least could be done in a CV. Used my Inde to knock it and the Indy mission out. 

[MWM]
Supertest Coordinator
274 posts
4,391 battles

I see CV's here and there,  depends on the time of night.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
3 hours ago, _greifer said:

Thank you for the flag WG, its a good commemoration for the naval battle.

I completed the tasks easily enough, though I was wondering for a flag that depicts the greatest carrier to carrier battle, why the missions were kill vessels as cruisers and then as battleships or DDs.

One would presume that these would have been CV orientated, i.e. get ten kills as a CV (even T5 +) and then shoot down 10-20 planes? even for co-op as well as random to make it less salt worthy. Its just interesting for the battle that it portrayed and the flag itself, did not include any of the things that it stands for, that being planes, CVs and the AA.

The 1st 10 kills could be done w/CAs/CLs/or CVs.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

it's inconsistent at best, some people see no CV's, others see them all the time.

And the first mission at least could be done in a CV. Used my Inde to knock it and the Indy mission out. 

When I play Des Monies, Atlanta, Cleveland, Montana, Alabama, Missouri, I never see Carriers.

When I play Tirpitz, 'lo and behold, there's a CV :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,392 battles

I was expecting a boatload of pilgrims, on the hunt, to be anchored in my port. :Smile_teethhappy: as the final reward.

Sign in to follow this