Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Question about defense points.

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,777 posts
17,335 battles

Do you get the same XP for resetting a cap as would be earned for capping...as an example...if a cap is 50% capped & you reset the cap do you get the same XP as if you capped 50% of a cap?

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I don’t know that there is any way to tell how much XP you get for any action in game. My guess is no though. I’ve had some matches where I rack up tons of defense points. Way more than you could feet cap points. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
35 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Do you get the same XP for resetting a cap as would be earned for capping...as an example...if a cap is 50% capped & you reset the cap do you get the same XP as if you capped 50% of a cap?

No, I don't think you get any XP for defending a cap. There was a recent post about this, though I could be wrong I think you only get XP for taking the cap.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
43 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

No, I don't think you get any XP for defending a cap. There was a recent post about this, though I could be wrong I think you only get XP for taking the cap.

Yes. You get XP for defending a cap and resetting the counter. How much? I don't know. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/guides/xp-and-credits/

9a5a80d8-3aea-11e5-8929-000c29ca62ad_1009a548674-3aea-11e5-8929-000c29ca62ad_1009a6c48c2-3aea-11e5-8929-000c29ca62ad_100

Base Capture and Defense

The more capture points you earn while capturing a base, the better your rewards. Similarly, the more you push back the counter while one of your bases is being captured (i.e., by damaging one of the capturing ships), the more you’ll be rewarded.

Keep in mind this is only applicable in Standard and Encounter battle modes.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

Did some further research, and I still don't have exact figures, not sure if anyone does, but apparently the amount of XP reward you get for base or domination point defense is small compared to the capture; however they do add up. Note, this article from LWM is a couple of years old, and WG has increased rewards for spotting and capping since then.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
11 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Yes. You get XP for defending a cap and resetting the counter. How much? I don't know. 

Do you get XP for defending the base, or for damaging the ships capturing the base while they are capping? Not trolling you, I honestly don't know and the web page is rather vague on exactly how that XP is earned and for what actions.

• Cool 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Do you get XP for defending the base, or for damaging the ships capturing the base while they are capping? Not trolling you, I honestly don't know and the web page is rather vague on exactly how that XP is earned and for what actions.

No not at all Umikami and good question. I should have clarified.That WoWs webpage I linked to - https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/guides/xp-and-credits/ - actually states:

the more you push back the counter while one of your bases is being captured (i.e., by damaging one of the capturing ships), the more you’ll be rewarded.

A player gets XP for the defense of a base or cap by damaging ships actively capturing the base or domination point resetting the capture counter. The way a player can tell they are doing so if they get rewarded a Defender ribbon. For those that don't know, this is what a Defender ribbon looks like per WoWs Wiki.

416_ribbon_base_defense.png

Defended - One ribbon is awarded per hit which reduces accumulated capture points on an enemy ship within a capture point.

Members
1,777 posts
17,335 battles
2 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

Did some further research, and I still don't have exact figures, not sure if anyone does, but apparently the amount of XP reward you get for base or domination point defense is small compared to the capture; however they do add up. Note, this article from LWM is a couple of years old, and WG has increased rewards for spotting and capping since then.

Thanx...I know you get XP for defended ribbons but I guess how much remains the mystery. Was just wondering if it was the same as what you took off of the cap.

I know you get 1 point credit per second of unreset capture (if base or cap is completely captured)...but how much XP that adds up to is also a mystery...although it has been stated that a full solo capture is around the equivalent to a ship sinking...but not what tier ship (as in a T10 match is it a T10 ships worth of XP or if there is a majority of T9s is it a T9 ship equivalent...???)…& of course the amount of XP for a sinking is a mystery also.

Just wondering if the defense points (capture points removed) are worth the same XP as the capture points.

Sign in to follow this