You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullHalsey

Missions Ruining the Game

32 comments in this topic

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,981 battles

What do you think of it?  I said it long ago when I kept seeing, "I'm only going for...insert mission".  Yes it keeps people engaged but if you give a potato ONE thing he has to do, he'll do it no matter the cost to the team.  And I say this because a good player mentioned it on his own today in battle chat.

P.S.  it's a QUESTION, not a statement.

Edited by BullHalsey
  • Bad 2

[-WPG-]
Members
731 posts
3,145 battles

I'm actually a little bored because there has been so much going on recently, and I'm currently without any missions/challenges.  They're something to work towards other than just a grind. Most of them don't really have requirements that encourage bad play.  

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

So is radar.  So are DD's.  So are BB's.  So are CV's.  So is HE.  

Apparently dang near everything is killing the game.

[STW-D]
Members
1,859 posts
5,651 battles

Missions are a way of adding spice to the game and rewarding players for continuing to play the game. Otherwise, it becomes a long, slow grind to the top.

Games need to not only attract new players, but also retain them. Otherwise, it's like a fireworks display: people ooh and aah at it for a bit, but turn their attention to other things five minutes after the display has ended.

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles

At least they have this win and live criteria for the mission so that ppl just dont yolo die and think the team will win for them. Not complaining one bit about those two criteria :)

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,959 battles

PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY FINDING THINGS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

MAKE THEM STOP,PLEASE.

1515080186500.png

Members
855 posts
3,442 battles

I sort of agree. They should stick with earn this amt of xp, win this amt of games, ect...

The moment they are like Kill 5 US Dds, Joe Potatoe will die to kill that one US DD on the other team no matter the cost......

[PLPTS]
Members
698 posts

Its mankind's nature to complain about everything under the sun, including the color of the sun...

There's always an eleetist. A "know it all". A professional with no degree. An alpha male who's actually delta. And a need to blame others with misconceived beliefs that the developers somehow ruined a game by actually enhancing it.

I think missions provide a goal. A point. A premise. And a reward for the grind. Every games needs that. I fail to see how missions cause people to specifically throw matches just so they can get their mediocre rewards.

• Bad 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,981 battles
3 minutes ago, Slumlord_Trump said:

I sort of agree. They should stick with earn this amt of xp, win this amt of games, ect...

The moment they are like Kill 5 US Dds, Joe Potatoe will die to kill that one US DD on the other team no matter the cost......

This is the sort of thing I am referring to; most of it I get by simply playing as the better players do.  Again really just asking a question.

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
32 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

What do you think of it?  I said it long ago when I kept seeing, "I'm only going for...insert mission".  Yes it keeps people engaged but if you give a potato ONE thing he has to do, he'll do it no matter the cost to the team.  And I say this because a good player mentioned it on his own today in battle chat.

I too agree and have wrote in the past about it Its just selfish play on the part of some of team players specially when your winning a game  then your team self destructs  because they chase after that 1 LAST destroyer for there event quoter and allow the enemy team to systematically focus fire on ships sailing around yoloing for that 1 LAST destroyer.

Next minute your team is behind in points and ships  then finally your the last man standing trying to save the day

regards

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,981 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

I too agree and have wrote in the past about it Its just selfish play on the part of some of team players specially when your winning a game  then your team self destructs  because they chase after that 1 LAST destroyer for there event quoter and allow the enemy team to systematically focus fire on ships sailing around yoloing for that 1 LAST destroyer.

Next minute your team is behind in points and ships  then finally your the last man standing trying to save the day

regards

I actually play with one sometimes that usually dies first, but if there is a mission to do we support him and help the guy get that ONE thing.  Surely there are many others that do the same solo.

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
9 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

I actually play with one sometimes that usually dies first, but if there is a mission to do we support him and help the guy get that ONE thing.  Surely there are many others that do the same solo.

Yeah Im happy to help someone out for those things but when various players on the team forget the main purpose of the match and go sailing off into the wild blue yonder one at time and get smashed just for that elusive last ship  type or 3 more fires or whatever it is game after game after game  it starts to ware thin.

cheers

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,981 battles
1 minute ago, fang_cloudeye said:

Sigh, another first world problem.....

In another topic I request the General Belgrano, perhaps that is more your 2nd world speed.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
407 posts
6,174 battles

tumblr_o6n4c85ejA1tydz8to1_540.gif

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[P2W]
Members
685 posts

But without missions to do I would have to quit for 90 days before I would get "free stuff".

Edited by DESRON10

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

People will find reasons to survive rather than commit to an objective that will win the game regardless of whether missions dictate it.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

I'll respond with a question and what I have experienced so far in the month of June.

So how are missions ruining the game exactly?

If I go my personal experience, I haven't seen any changes in gameplay since update 0.7.5 in regards to the missions that have taken place for the month of June, other than seeing more people playing the Indianapolis for the 2,600 Nautical Miles of Indianapolis mission.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
2 hours ago, BullHalsey said:

P.S.  it's a QUESTION, not a statement.

1 hour ago, Slumlord_Trump said:

One of the things that PvE players advocated as a bonus for PvP players by including co-op into missions as well. Put the kill x type of ships missions and the like as co-op capable as well. The YOLOers will hop into co-op to do those missions where YOLOing is less of an issue.

Then the PvP missions can be more of the win, earn Y XP and the like. Win win for everyone.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
33 posts
4,114 battles

I could think of better things ruining the game but hey, to each their own.