Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Night Battles  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of night battles?

• Yes, night battles would add another interesting game mode.
    • No, night battles would not add anything to the game
    • Not now. Other content needs to happen before WG attempts making a mode like this.
    • Undecided/Maybe

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles

i thought the next operation would basically become a testbed for such thing.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,006 battles

You basically have a glow, ships appear as dark shapes, visibility is reduced by some factor.  "Night" battles can be just about anything you want.  Check out Destroyer Command from 2002.  I wish that entire game were incorporated with this one.

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
1 minute ago, BullHalsey said:

You basically have a glow, ships appear as dark shapes, visibility is reduced by some factor.  "Night" battles can be just about anything you want.  Check out Destroyer Command from 2002.  I wish that entire game were incorporated with this one.

wow you are right,truly night battle.

pc-64619-31456856313.jpg

• Funny 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,006 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

wow you are right,truly night battle.

pc-64619-31456856313.jpg

Hell yeah you're the man.  I have long wanted a merging of these two games, and not only for the night battles.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Instead of a storm to reduce visibility, you have the sunset/night time

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles

Depends on the"version" your talking about. Some want allout realism that would likely add a level of frustration to the game WG won't want to add. Some of us will settle for aesthetic night battles namely so we can actually see shells flying, tracers, chat, etc. Others want something in between.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Well the space battles is a pretty good indication of how it might look. The lack of water graphics threw everyone off. We aren't used to shooting at the "whole ship" just what we see above the waterline.

I doubt ships would use a lighting technique for glowing like being lit up, imagine the fiery demises of some of the toasters people play this game on. My money is on it looking more like the space mode.

Edit: I did the night battle mode with a mod pack and it made it a bit more difficult to hit ships at range. However that being said, ships on fire looked really cool.

Edited by xalmgrey

[-WPG-]
Members
743 posts
3,145 battles

I played the Cherry Blossom operation on the PTS that had the night mode.  It was fun, but I think it might get annoying if it was in the full rotation for randoms.  The ships were visible, but it was harder to gauge their speed in the dark.  Anything under a star shell had hellfire raining down on it.  

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,602 battles

Can be done right. Aslains night mod is darker than cherry blossom...and you can see still and tell what direction ships are going. Bring it on. Yes i wamt this in random rotation.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
394 posts
5,406 battles
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I missed the earlier discussions. Give me a brief explanation how itd work mechanically wise. 

I recalled this from Zakuul's thread. Although when Zakuul brought up the idea, it was called eclipse. 

Sign in to follow this