You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Omars_Warships

Which Premium out of This List is the Best at Earning Credits?

46 comments in this topic

[LRM2]
Members
10 posts
3,725 battles

So, I've been wondering which premium ships of the following are the best for grinding massive credits. 

• Sharnhorst (German BB)
  • Prinz Eugen (German Heavy Cruiser)
  • Loyang (Pan-Asian DD)
  • Alabama (American BB)
  • Atlanta (American Light Cruiser)
  • Tirpitz (German BB)

I already have the Atago, and a couple others lower tier premiums, but having another tier 7 or 8 would be nice. I would like to see your insight and experience.

Thanks!

[BIAS]
Members
3,007 posts
8,982 battles

The higher the tier the premium ship is the more it typically earns. Obvioulsy a couple stand above the rest, Missouri and Kii with the Kobayashi camo are the best in the game.

On your list, typically the t8's should earn more. So I would go with the Alabama, LY, or Tirpitz as the best answer. DD can be hard to sometimes get good games out of consistently, so Tirpitz and Alabama would be my choices. However, you've thrown Atlanta in the mix and Atlanta is long suspected to have a XP booster built into it. How this translates to credits I don't know (according to LWM, XP does not translate over exactly to credits, similar XP amounts in same tier ships does not equal roughly the same amount of credits...), but if you are able to make an Atlanta perform well, I would put it up alongside the T8's.

You don't play piles of DD and you seem to be better in a BB than a cruiser, so I would suggest the Alabama and the Tirpitz for you.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

Just for reference, aside from the T9 FXP ships, then any ship that can mount the Kobayashi camo is a very good creditmaker (Kii, Roma, Ashitaka). When it comes to your list, I would go either Tirpitz or Alabama, with Scharnhorst being also a very viable choice. The question however shouldn't be what is the best creditmaker but rather which of those ships you would be most comfortable with in order to make credits.

Edited by warheart1992

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles

prinz eugen with the special camo,dunno if they are selling it).

if you could get roma and the special camo,go for it,yes its ugly but it's cheaper and prints more than musashi and krons.

• Cool 2

[LRM2]
Members
10 posts
3,725 battles

Thanks for the replies, and honestly I would feel very comfortable with Alabama, Tirpitz, or Scharnhorst. Probably Alabama would be the best for me though.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I rack up good credits in my Scharn. Can't go wrong with that ship she's just awesome. Her MM seems to have her top tier more often than naught. That in itself is worth a lot.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

Don't forget the Roma with the Kobay camo - Good earner

Best from the list for me is the Prinz.... pure credit earning (not performance)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,350 posts
10,135 battles
23 minutes ago, Omars_Warships said:

So, I've been wondering which premium ships of the following are the best for grinding massive credits. 

• Sharnhorst (German BB)
  • Loyang (Pan-Asian DD)
  • Alabama (American BB)
  • Tirpitz (German BB)

I already have the Atago, and a couple others lower tier premiums, but having another tier 7 or 8 would be nice. I would like to see your insight and experience.

Thanks!

Prinz Eugen with the Adler perma camo earns really well if you like Cruiser play. If you like BB's Alabama or Tirpitz will out earn Scharnhorst. Atlanta earns good but is very hard to play and requires a good map for it to do well. Not a DD guy so can't comment on the DD.

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles

The Huanghe is cheap and not that hard to play, and if you do well you can earn about 300k a game.. I just started playing this recently and I am already at 22 million credits in just under 50 battles.

caching.PNG

Edited by Huanghe
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles
3 minutes ago, Huanghe said:

The Huanghe is cheap and not that hard to play, and if you do well you can earn about 300k a game.. I just started playing this recently and I am already at 22 million credits in just under 50 battles.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
727 posts
3,133 battles

I'd say the Sharnhorst.  Mainly because it's one of the most fun ships in the game, so you'll want to play it more.  You'll also be top tier 60+% of the time.  It addresses the 3 main problems with BB's in general:

They're slow:  The Sharnhorst is fast. 

The turrents turn slow:  You don't need EM on the Sharnhorst.  It's traverse beats many cruisers. 

Slow firing rate:  Reload of 20 seconds, less with AR.

Add on to that decent torpedoes with excellent firing angles.  And if you play your secondary-build captains on it, those add yet another excellent tool. I have a 14-point captain on my T6 Bayern that I haven't even unlocked the first upgrade yet, just because how much I play that commander in the shinyhorse. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,441 posts
6,137 battles
34 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I'd say the Sharnhorst.  Mainly because it's one of the most fun ships in the game, so you'll want to play it more.  You'll also be top tier 60+% of the time.  It addresses the 3 main problems with BB's in general:

They're slow:  The Sharnhorst is fast. 

The turrents turn slow:  You don't need EM on the Sharnhorst.  It's traverse beats many cruisers. 

Slow firing rate:  Reload of 20 seconds, less with AR.

Add on to that decent torpedoes with excellent firing angles.  And if you play your secondary-build captains on it, those add yet another excellent tool. I have a 14-point captain on my T6 Bayern that I haven't even unlocked the first upgrade yet, just because how much I play that commander in the shinyhorse. 

Those hard hitting fast torps are her ace in the hole. Knife fighter. Let them go at like 4k or less and you should hit....and often win fights with BBs. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

The best Premium Ships to earn Credits with outside the Makoto Kobayashi-camo'd ships (Kii, Roma, the Tier VII IJN Premium BB) and Missouri, are the ones you play good in.  Otherwise they all have the same means of earning credits that all Premiums do compared to Tech Tree ships.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
305 posts
7,849 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

prinz eugen with the special camo,dunno if they are selling it).

if you could get roma and the special camo,go for it,yes its ugly but it's cheaper and prints more than musashi and krons.

I couldn't bring myself to wearing a beer can for a hat.

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles
5 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

I couldn't bring myself to wearing a beer can for a hat.

i would if that made me rich.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,950 posts
6,549 battles

Pick a ship which you will want to play.

A ship with higher earning potential you don't like to play isn't really better than one you love playing but has worse earning potentila.

[-1]
Members
116 posts
2,652 battles
53 minutes ago, Omars_Warships said:

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think I'm now narrowing my choices down between Alabama and Scharnhorst.

Alabama often sees tier X but she’s a heavy hitter and I just love these guns.

Scharnhorst is often top tier but doing damage often feels like a struggle. But you can easily compensate by rushing enemy BB and torping.

I’d vote for Alabama.

[NSC]
Members
107 posts
4,971 battles

Is the kobayashi camo availabe for the kii if you buy the kii or is it special camo only available at certain times?  Like if I buy the kii can I buy the camo with doubloons?

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,830 battles
2 hours ago, Huanghe said:

caching.PNG

I like that result. Is this with premium or without it?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
3 hours ago, Omars_Warships said:

• Sharnhorst (German BB)
  • Loyang (Pan-Asian DD)
  • Alabama (American BB)
  • Tirpitz (German BB)

Thanks!

Alabama no question.

Scahrnhorst is a fantastic ship also and at a better tier.  But if you just want credits, Alabama is the way to go.