You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThePwnageMachine

Are there ANY alternatives?

14 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,466 battles

I'm normally not one to complain, but I've found over the past week or two in my tier 7+ games, there are at least 3 radar cruisers in each game I've played. I've seen as many as 6 in one game, (which is extremely painful to deal with, in my opinion), and yours truly would like to make a suggestion that could be an alternative to having so many radar cruisers in the game, or in a battle, but yours truly is also not the greatest with suggestions.

With that being said, are there any solutions, or compromises at all that we could consider to handle this issue, if you consider it one? Leave your thoughts below, I wanna know what everyone else thinks about the whole radar cruiser thing.

Thanks,

ThePwnageMachine

Edited by ThePwnageMachine

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I don't think alternatives are coming, at least any time soon. I've had some success by playing DD in a strictly support role, so that if I do get radar'd, there's a short distance to retreat, because my teammates prevent a pursuit. My individual stats haven't been great (though they've never been good in DDs) but the wins are rolling in.

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles

get a BB with good accuracy and blast them to oblivion,they are cruisers,they can't magically bounce BB shells right?of course i'm talking about any cruiser that is not soviet,krons and stalin are historically accurate,no magic involved,totally balanced,not broken ships.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
14 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

I wanna know what everyone else thinks about the whole radar cruiser thing.

There's no lack of threads on this. Just enter "Radar" into the search box.

• Bad 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,980 battles

This game is becoming a series of band aid fixes of symptoms.  Perhaps a new game, World of Destroyers?  Apparently dds aren't supposed to be Seen or Damaged significantly when they are hit.  Then play a deepwater boat and your primary weapon is supposed to always cause flooding and be practically unavoidable.  Where does it stop?

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles

What I do if I am in a dd:

First determine how many radar ships are in  the game

Then determine where those radar ships could be in relation to the cap. Certain maps have huge caps and hard to radar DD's on the other side (Islands of Ice comes to mind)

With that knowledge then I decided what I am going to do, if there are large caps, I will try to cap. If they are small caps, I will not attempt capping until I know where the radar is. If there is a good spot where I can get out of range or behind an island if I am radared, I will sometimes go in to bait the radar and then get out.

I will sometimes flank known radar ship spots to get them spotted or launch torps into those spots.

Complacency gets you killed. If you are aware of what could happen, it makes it easier to survive and win.

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,242 battles

Lensar and I have suggested several. 

Lensar suggested giving all cruisers RDF, as I recall, and removing radar.

I would remove radar from all ships and instead assign it to two cruisers on each side in the MM. That would the problem of imbalance, in which the team with the radar advantage wins 60% of the time. It would slso promote teamwork, and make the game more playable for DDs.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles
7 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

The Benson. :Smile_facepalm:

Image result for ok saitama

Edited by NeutralState

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Lensar and I have suggested several. 

Lensar suggested giving all cruisers RDF, as I recall, and removing radar.

I would remove radar from all ships and instead assign it to two cruisers on each side in the MM. That would the problem of imbalance, in which the team with the radar advantage wins 60% of the time. It would slso promote teamwork, and make the game more playable for DDs.

Image result for ok saitama

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

My opinion is that dd players expect to go around unchecked and blasting everything in sight. Part of playing the game with ANY ship is adapting and evolving to fit the meta. Its Darwin's survival of the fittest. You add new ships and the mm is skewed for a month or two, it's a you problem that you have to work around. Not complain at every time someone locates you

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

The solution to Radar Cruisers has always been with WoWS.

BATTLESHIPS.

They are the single biggest Radar Cruiser Population Reducer or deterrent.  The presence of a BB drives them away or they delete them.  With all the Cruisers around I'm surprised there aren't more BBs crushing them like they should.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway