Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

How do you deal with in game Abuse and Toxic players?

92 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

I'm finding that toxic players in general are just toxic.  It's annoying need to have thick skin to deal with it.  But simply how can we deal with this issue?  Is it becoming to a point where Wargaming needs to just out right Censor foul language entirely?  Probably not that extreme.  But abusive players are just simply trolls or as I like to say Keyboard warriors.  I'm not griping about it.  More or simply saying how would you deal with one of these individuals.  Some of them don't really seem to care if they get chat banned or not.  For me if they are too toxic and abusive I do the following.

1.  In game report system.

2.  Take a screen shot.

3.  Open Support Ticket with screen shot and submit.

Three easy things we can do.  But I mean is the in game report system even enough?  If only one person reports a player they do not get a chat ban.  With the automated ticket system for rule violations it can take anywhere from an hour to a day depending on the response time or particular day you submit the ticket.   But lately I've been using all of my reports on toxic players and I run out of my 7 reports.  Players get mad because a team looses or if they think you did nothing.  But in the end they are usually toxic because they know that they made the bottom of the list when the game is over with.   I get a laugh out of that.  But I also usually just try to be as nice as I can to the individual being toxic.  But I will definitely tell them hey you just earned a ticket.  I mean do players really enjoy getting chat bans this much?  What is it 5 strikes in chat and its a perma chat ban?  Lol.  So I ask how do you deal with these people?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,980 battles

I have never gotten a response when I've asked, "Does it itch?".  Stops it right there and then.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ONE]
Members
253 posts
8,012 battles

Shut off chat at the beginning of the game and go on my merry way.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Ignore it or engage them depending on how i feel about it. Not wasting a report on it imo. Options are good.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

If it's from a player better than me, I wouldn't find it pleasant, but I'd be more likely to ask him what I did wrong and how I can avoid making the same mistake.

If it's a guy with 35% WR and 15k average damage in Atlanta, I would tell him my Atlanta WR is 55% and average damage is 47k, and tell him that when he was born his mum said craphappens.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Hold tab, right click, ignore, move on with life.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Where's the fun in that? :cap_rambo:

Kidding of course.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Score top of the DMG board or at least above him. That usually end it imo

The new fad when someone does this is to accuse of damage farming and not supporting the team.

There's an answer for everything apparently.

[-WPG-]
Members
722 posts
3,127 battles

I honestly don't see it that much on the NA server. Maybe a "oh great both DD's going A" or something like that. I was in the Cleveland last night melting a BB from behind a nice island.  I got a "stupid [expletive] cruiser camping behind island. Expletive cat-synonym."  That kind of toxicity is actually pretty satisfying. 

Members
426 posts
8,340 battles

When I was in my stock tashkent last night with a 1 point captain.  SOmeone complained about our teams useless DD's.   I had to agree with him.

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,238 battles

I usually have my mom call them.

Edited by MokrieDela
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles

Be an adult, realize that its just words and ignore it.

Seriously, people need to get some thicker skin, way to much, "Mommy, Mommy the bad man said bad words to me...sniffle, sniffle, cry, cry".

• Cool 3

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

3 Steps:

1. Press Enter
  2. Hold CTRL
  3. Click the X on the chat window.

You're welcome.

Members
3,774 posts
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well Lert as I said if I try to be as nice as possible to them.  Being nice only seems to aggravate them more.  Lol.  In the end the player being toxic is still going to get beaned for being toxic.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Tried the ignore user feature, but I still gotta see whenever they post a new topic:Smile_sceptic:. I guess the good old selective hearing is the best way to go. Just ignore toxics

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles
14 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

The new fad when someone does this is to accuse of damage farming and not supporting the team.

your accusing me of DMG farming and not supporting the team ? Ok just to be clear I play the objective but in doing so I do want to be above the toxic player. Once the match is over its done I forgot all about by the start of the next match

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

I have a youtube channel that I can use....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles
12 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I honestly don't see it that much on the NA server. Maybe a "oh great both DD's going A" or something like that. I was in the Cleveland last night melting a BB from behind a nice island.  I got a "stupid [expletive] cruiser camping behind island. Expletive cat-synonym."  That kind of toxicity is actually pretty satisfying. 

Man, Back in ranked S7 (i think?) I played cleveland and completely destroyed this BB by shooting over an island in Neighbours. He simply said "[FireTruck] You Cleveland" 

At that point though I totally agreed with him lol

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

your accusing me of DMG farming and not supporting the team ? Ok just to be clear I play the objective but in doing so I do want to be above the toxic player. Once the match is over its done I forgot all about by the start of the next match

I'm not accusing you of anything. You should read it again.

18 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

The new fad

Not "You".

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,980 battles
24 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

If it's from a player better than me, I wouldn't find it pleasant, but I'd be more likely to ask him what I did wrong and how I can avoid making the same mistake.

If it's a guy with 35% WR and 15k average damage in Atlanta, I would tell him my Atlanta WR is 55% and average damage is 47k, and tell him that when he was born his mum said craphappens.

Most times I've looked, the ones that are talking smack are Terrible players.  There are of course hyper competitive types that can't hold their tongue.  They usually end up chat banned.

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

I'm not accusing you of anything. You should read it again.

Danm I got hit with a comprehension issue my fault. So the issue is complain about farming dmg and not playing the objective when you score above the toxic player? that sucks you lose, lose situation lol

[HYDRO]
Members
1,301 posts
3,653 battles

Ignore and leave. Most of the people that are toxic just want somewhere to vent, by denying them conflict you piss them off more.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Danm I got hit with a comprehension issue my fault. So the issue is complain about farming dmg and not playing the objective when you score above the toxic player? that sucks you lose, lose situation lol

It's cool. Yeah you can't win in those cases so to speak.

Sign in to follow this