Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

After match survey - does it serve any purpose

6 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

I am wondering about the "in-game, after battle survey" you guys toss up every once in a while. It asks only one question - at least the ones i've seen - which is, paraphrasing, "How satisfied were you with this match/battle/game?" 

Does this feedback get used anywhere within the organization? If so - seriously - where do you utilize it? 

It would seem to me that it is a bit vague so I'd like to ask, have you considered adding maybe two more questions? Two more wouldn't take but a few seconds more to complete and might give you some better insights into your players. 

Maybe like, "How stressed out are you after playing this match?" or "how would you rate YOUR performance in this match?"

It would be totally amazing if you did ask questions like those two or others, then quarterly, you published the results. Anonymous of course. 

Otherwise, just asking how satisfied without asking why you were satisfied makes very little sense to me, as you clearly would not know why they were or were not. 

tiafyc

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
8,166 battles

It makes me feel better to fill it out.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,770 posts
13,557 battles

I rarely get an end game survey when I'm really disappointed with my team performance. For instance if I had been given and end game survey for every time my failed to do anything on the Mountain Range map maybe I wouldn't be so salty the next time I have to face the worst map in the game.  

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,972 battles

Well if you're stressed it means emotional investment.  That means $$ for the game in enough instances.  Some of us have to pay, strange as that may seem.  I usually select "satisfied", though I haven't been surveyed after taking [edited] deepwater torps yet.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

lmbo... see most times I'm presented the "form", it's after the worst match of the week; my performance was horribad, or a couple of guys tossed the match... rarely do they ask when I have a good one. 

Surprise... couple days later I get a SC through randoms and boom... 14 days premium time. 

Coincidence? Shurrrrreeeee.... :cap_like:

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
339 posts
6,537 battles

-How Satisfied were you with the match? Well I won... only killed a plane... so... ok? I lost, team sucked, got one-shot at the beginning of the match... so I didn't waste my daily bonus at least... ok? Killed the whole enemy team and won! I feel invincible... next match: tier 8 BB facing 6 enemy Yamato's and another 6 tier 10 DD's... where's the damn survey now!? OR: Just put every expensive flag and camo on my ship, got 10 kills in the match, woulda gotten over a billion silver and xp, 11 ships on my team went yolo'ing in the first 5 minutes... how the heck do you think I feel!?

Yeah, it's very vague and I usually answer with whatever answer fits my mood at the time.

If the questions were more direct or meant something more to the improvement of the game or gave me more to think about, I'd be a bit more honest and/or actually give answers that weren't so biased on how well or bad I win or lose. There are a few questions that I'm surprised they aren't asking and/or just wondering why they even bother asking that lone, single question; as if it could cover every possibility.

-Do you feel like you performed well in the match? Well, if I manage to help my allies tear the enemy apart via spotting or capped a few caps, I'd say that I at least did my part. If I manage to sink a few enemy ships, I'd say that I did good. If I managed to eat a wall of torps in the first 3 minutes of a match and died... well, I obviously failed hard on that one. Same too if I only did 15,000dmg in my BB even if I did cap the enemy base >_< has happened more times than I'd like to admit...

-Do you feel like you can improve your performance / How skilled would you say that you are with the ship you captained?

Some games I play like crap (I'd be lying if I only ever blamed it on RNG). I'd be willing to call myself out on it, but sometimes there are some ships that I just can't get any better at and still suck in them. While other times, I'm still learning the ropes of a particular ship/nation. You can of course sometimes do well in a ship without knowing anything about it. Of course this can also be based on how bad the enemy team fails and RNG as well.

-Do you feel like your vessel of choice was a determining factor in the victory/loss / How well did the ship perform during the match?

Have a few that would get a bum rating every now and then. Usually do "alright" with most of them though and some that would get 10 out of 10 stars almost all the time. This would help WG to see which ships might need a boost or some tweaking if people are not enjoying it. Though I'm sure most losing teams would blame the ship over themselves, I'd at least take into consideration my own failings as the captain.

-On a scale from 0 to 10, how would you rate the teamwork / team performance?

If I were to answer honestly, this one wouldn't be all Zero's even for crappy matches. Sometimes RNG favors one side and even with good coordination and teamwork, sometimes things just don't work out. Of course there are more than enough terrible teams out there obviously. On the bright side, it "might" help them to see exactly which Tier matches are the crappiest in terms of teamwork. I'd dare say that tier 2 and tier 10 matches would be pretty darn close to one another.

-On a scale from 0 to 10, how would you say a individuals actions contributed to the victory/loss or how you felt about the match?

As to not lump everything to just bad teamwork overall, there are some individuals who make some incredibly "bad" decisions in the match. A BB yoloing past everyone, a DD that goes running off for 15 minutes to chase down a CV on the other side of the world, cruisers that hide behind islands the ENTIRE match, there are (more than) a few instances where it wasn't the entire team that determined a victory or defeat, but a single ships actions; or lack there of. A single DD manages to take out the enemy Yamato pinning down our remaining cruisers, or a BB gets that one last shell into a enemy CV before it disappears and takes out the rest of the team; there are a few instances where one, single individual made or broke the match. Of course this one isn't really needed as there is always the "report" feature that you can use to point out "Plays Poorly" or "Plays Well". But saying that "the team" did well after a single ship made all the difference isn't really being honest.

Sign in to follow this