You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

Stuck on part 11 of the Indianapolis Marathon? If you own an Atlanta give it a try

20 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
176 posts

I thought I wouldn't get this mission done tonight but I just decided to try using the Atlanta and well somehow things worked itself out. that battle reminded me when I first got this ship back during the old CBT. I hope the rest of you get this mission done.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I've completed them all so far.  I foresee much difficulty completing part 14, "Over any number of battles, shoot down 30 enemy aircraft".

I don't have a CV higher than T5, and I don't think I have shot down 30 aircraft since the marathon began.  CV's have been rather rare lately.

Edited by desmo_2

[IHW]
176 posts
Just now, desmo_2 said:

I've completed them all so far.  I foresee much difficulty completing part 14, "Over any number of battles, shoot down 30 enemy aircraft".

I don't have a CV higher than T5, and I don't think I have shot down 30 aircraft since the marathon began.  CV's have been rather rare lately.

the good news is you dont have to shoot down 30 of them in one battle. I think there will be more cv's this weekend.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Meh, I am counting on missing that one.  If I somehow get it, great...one more container.  If I don't, no biggie.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

I don't bother with the missions. I just play the Atlanta for the sake of liking the ship. Nice battle BTW. Yesterday I had a 73k damage, 4 kill game in a T IX match on the same map, but you did even better.

Highlithts of my Atlanta gameplay so far:

123k damage 6 kills Kraken Confederate

124k damage 5 kills High Caliber Kraken

135k damage (record) 3 kills Confederate

[WORX]
Members
1,631 posts
12,641 battles

What is the mission 11 of the INDI marathon ? is it the kill1 and survive ? I did that mission in a BB.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,708 posts
9,381 battles

Completed in the LG with 100HP left at the end of the game.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
53 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Desmo, find a CV player you can div up with. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
39 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What is the mission 11 of the INDI marathon ? is it the kill1 and survive ? I did that mission in a BB.

Sink 1 ship, and survive and win isn't all that difficult, per se.  It can be a bit dodgy to get all 3 items in the same battle though...

The best thing I'd suggest is to just keep plugging along.  I think that paying close attention to shooting wounded DDs is often the best way to get a relatively easy ship kill.  

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles

For what it's worth, the get 150 main battery hits in a single battle might be difficult for some people.  BB players, forget it.  CV players, obviously not.  Honestly, this tends to require a CL with a high rate of fire, or a gunboat DD.  And it will be more difficult at the lower range of acceptable tiers than it would be in the high tiers.  This is a perfect mission for something like a Khab or a Minotaur.  Those ships can produce 150 MB hit games like falling off a log.

Members
280 posts
9,260 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Meh, I am counting on missing that one.  If I somehow get it, great...one more container.  If I don't, no biggie.

You have a Huanghe. Trick it out for AA. CV's avoid Atlanta & Cleveland like the plague, but will fly right over a Huanghe all day. Most dont realize its a Chinese Cleveland. I shot down 31 in one match just last night...

Members
1,749 posts
7,953 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Where do you find all the missions?

[EPOCH]
[EPOCH]
Members
40 posts
4,096 battles

i cant get mission 13 to work i have a mino and the 150 MB hits wont register , how can i fix this and is anyone else having the same problem?

[ARGSY]
5,088 posts
18,616 battles
10 hours ago, Praos said:

i cant get mission 13 to work i have a mino and the 150 MB hits wont register , how can i fix this and is anyone else having the same problem?

150 in a T6+ and win.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,355 battles
On 6/20/2018 at 8:52 AM, desmo_2 said:

Took  me a few games to get planes mission done. Pensacola, Warspite and last six with Scharnhorst. Pure RNG mission. 

[ODIN]
Members
20 posts
8,426 battles

150 main battery hits is pretty easy with Kiev...did that task in second try.

Shoot down 30 planes also easy...used Des Moines...you just need to wait for CV battles.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
8 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Took  me a few games to get planes mission done. Pensacola, Warspite and last six with Scharnhorst. Pure RNG mission. 

Same.  Took several games.  Even when I had a game with a CV, they wouldn't send their planes near me most of the time.  Bad luck, I suppose, as cruisers are THICK this weekend.  I also tried using Scharnhorst and Tirpitz, hoping that if there was a CV perhaps they would go after my battleship.  I'm guessing 1 in 3 games had a CV, and then I could only shoot down 1, 3, 5 per game.  I finished my 30 with an 11 plane kill in Pensacola.

• Cool 1