You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Im_the_Juggernaut_Beotch

Computer/CPU shuts down during battles

15 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
4,355 battles

Ok after the latest update 0.7.5.1  my CPU would sometime just shut down totally.

With update .0.7.4  my system would sometimes lockup.  I really never had an issue with any of the previous update.

FYI I occasionally update Windows 7 system

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

It sounds like your computer is overheating. Time for the canned air.

347766.jpg

[-OPS-]
Members
68 posts
4,435 battles

Agree with overheating.. maybe clean the air filters...and the cpu fan

[INTEL]
Members
6,626 posts
25,290 battles

Overheating.

If your case is not cooling (after clean up), maybe you have a dead fan. I had that issue in my previous PC. For a while, I ran it with the case open and a desk fan blowing into it while gaming. Worked well.

Download RealTemp (free). Works well measuring and reporting temps while gaming.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

If the canned air doesnt work and you're running a laptop (by chance) you can get one of those slushy ice packs that dont freeze solid. Get it super cold in the freezer then place it under your laptop without blocking any air intake grilles. Works like a charm until the ice pack warms up. 

If it's a desktop or tower machine, pop it open and use the canned air, paying particulare attention to the board and any fans in the case, especially the power unit. 

Be prepared.. the amount of junk that comes out of your computer may surprise you. 

Members
11 posts
4,355 battles

Thanks for the replies.

All system fans (cpu, gpu, case and power supply) are functioning.   Left case door opened.

I'm running other apps with no shut down issues.  Only when playing WOWS.  Even tried lowering graphics setting.

Like I said this all started after update 0.7.4

Really hate this.  Just now getting to TIER VIII ships and game is getting real interesting.

Edited by Im_the_Juggernaut_Beotch

[WORX]
Members
1,638 posts
12,695 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

you can get one of those slushy ice packs that dont freeze solid. Get it super cold in the freezer then place it under your laptop without blocking any air intake grilles.

Would you put a thin towel between the cold pack and the laptop or would you just put the laptop on top of the ice pack with out protection from the heat ?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
11 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Would you put a thin towel between the cold pack and the laptop or would you just put the laptop on top of the ice pack with out protection from the heat ?

I put mine right on the ice pack... but then I have an Alsop laptop stand (metal) so any moisture will drop through the rack, no problems. 

[WORX]
Members
1,638 posts
12,695 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

but then I have an Alsop laptop stand (metal) so any moisture will drop through the rack, no problems. 

I got a HP Pavilion Laptop, so far no problems but I do worry because it really gets hot. Summer is coming too so, I am just thinking I need to control the heat. I'll try to put a few Ice packs directly under to cool down the heat. As long as water condensation dont get to electronic components, I am cool. I fry something crap that is a lot of money for a replacement lol. 

Beta Testers
120 posts
6,855 battles
15 hours ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Beotch said:

Thanks for the replies.

All system fans (cpu, gpu, case and power supply) are functioning.   Left case door opened.

I'm running other apps with no shut down issues.  Only when playing WOWS.  Even tried lowering graphics setting.

Like I said this all started after update 0.7.4

Really hate this.  Just now getting to TIER VIII ships and game is getting real interesting.

You said it's just during Warships, do you play any other games that are graphics intensive and how does it run during those?

Members
11 posts
4,355 battles

I have Star Trek Online on my system.  I'll give that a try.

Only during game play in battles does my cpu/ system totally shut down. If I'm in port nothing happens.  Even if I have the game running for an hour or more.

I even tried switch to directx 9 to see if it make a difference.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Well you know I keep one there anyhow nowadays... when not in use we have the AC on (it's summer now) so it chills down to seventies perhaps a tad lower... I think it really does help. I monitored my CPU temps and could see them drop a good five to eight degrees C so that's not bad. It's cheap too - my #1 goal. 

[D-S-T]
Members
55 posts

three times this happend tonight.  Wot, WoW I've been with you since the beginning.  No More Doubloons for you.  I'm done with that.

Members
11 posts
4,355 battles

I blew out the cpu, MB, fans and all over the HDs (w/ air compressor),  lots of dusts.

CPU temp dropped from 60c to 47c.  Haven't had a system shutdown/crush  so far.   Good advice players.

I was so convinced WG's update was the culprit and not my system.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
36 minutes ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Beotch said:

I blew out the cpu, MB, fans and all over the HDs (w/ air compressor),  lots of dusts.

CPU temp dropped from 60c to 47c.  Haven't had a system shutdown/crush  so far.   Good advice players.

I was so convinced WG's update was the culprit and not my system.

The update probably added a little stress to the system. It triggered the problem but was not the cause.