Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

connection issues

14 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
972 posts
3,771 battles

I've been disconnected a couple of times today. Things look fine on my end. Has anyone ran into problems today?

Members
3,774 posts

Its normal it's been happening quite frequently.  Its not necessarily your ISP either.  Sometimes the game just disconnects you.  I've had this happen to me right in the middle of a match tried to load back in and was dead.  It happens it is something they need to fix.  But you just eventually learn to deal with it.  If you get disconnected before a match.  Load the game back up and try and get back into the match as fast as you can.  Other wise it turns you pink for in activity.

• Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
972 posts
3,771 battles

This is the first time in several weeks I've had a disconnect. I may have just lucky.

Members
3,417 posts
6,084 battles

You should get PingPlotter so if it happens again you can fire it up and plot the ping to the game servers to see if there is packetloss along the way - during the route.  . 

[TDRB]
Members
972 posts
3,771 battles

I'll check it out, thanks

Members
170 posts
9,801 battles

Oddly enough since patch 07.50 my disconnects, which had been happening every day, have ceased, so far.  I don't what you did WG but carry on.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,201 posts
12,873 battles

Yeah, I cut back on the number of games I play because of ping and d/c … ironically, I had to do a complete reinstall just a few weeks ago for a critical error bug that sidelined account for almost a week - needless to say I let the premium time expire and I'm in no rush to renew it :)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I play WoWs on a HP CrapTop . My graphics settings are on Med. At times my game stutters and dies. I can most times reload back in the game before I get the inactivity Pink. 

This is WG adding stuff without making the efficiency factor in. {Redundancy Code}

[ICE9]
Members
705 posts

I'm curious why we seem to get bursts of DC reports. I'm usually a bit skeptical because I run a meh 5-year-old Win 7 gaming PC on a commonplace household 100 mb/sec cable internet connection. I do the usual gamer tweaks, and I never have a ping higher than 38 ms and consistently run 75-80 FPS on an old 1050ti GPU. The only times I have ever been disconnected is when the servers went down for a patch.

Running a high-volume, high-speed server farm is hard. You need to balance fault tolerance for long ping/high packet loss clients against overall performance. It is just a fact of life that a game like WoWS would be impossible if the web front-end were 100% optimized for clunky boat anchors on dialup or public wifi/satellite accounts in geographically isolated locations. All internet services are not created equal. I'm pretty sure WG invests heavily in trying to deliver the best service to the biggest audience because it is in their business  interest to do so.

By all means, submit tech tickets. Also take solace in knowing that servers send alarm notifications to the Admins in near real-time if they encounter random disconnects above a preset threshold. If the servers become unstable, the admins know it and try to ID the problem.

Edited by TF77
Syntax
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,201 posts
12,873 battles

So is 1-3 disconnects per game above their preset threshold or do they just not care because I don't live in a major city?

This game is buggy as hell and apparently so are their servers - the last few weeks horrible.

[CHNDR]
[CHNDR]
Members
2 posts
1,977 battles

today i have problem when I try to join random game it dont load so i can not play and I become pink

Members
3,417 posts
6,084 battles
On 6/26/2018 at 1:51 AM, Commander_367 said:

So is 1-3 disconnects per game above their preset threshold or do they just not care because I don't live in a major city?

This game is buggy as hell and apparently so are their servers - the last few weeks horrible.

Then the issue is with your set up/ISP - been perfectly fine and very few issues reported in the forums as well.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this