You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Smoke that comes out when you blow horn needs better look

14 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
511 posts
3,261 battles

Few patches ago, they added a white smoke to horn, but it looks bad!

It bothers me every time I blow my horn.

what is it supposed to be anyways?? it looks so cheesy.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles

I'm no historical expert, but I thought it was a steam whistle. I'd assume it's steam. Coming out of the whistle.

Edited by Edgecase

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

What needs to be fixed although it is low priority is the steam is coming from the wrong location. The whistles/horns were usually mounted on the front of the stacks.

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Members
1,238 posts
3,918 battles

Smoke that comes out when you blow horn

I laughed at the mental image this conjured. Immature I know.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
548 posts
3,102 battles

Steam from the horns on ships because there's nothing else more important at the moment :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
18 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

Steam from the horns on ships because there's nothing else more important at the moment :Smile_facepalm:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
22 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

It is not important, but if a developer gets a big piece done and has a couple hours open, he might be able to knock it off.

I know if it's Friday and I have some time, I look for something small as I don't want to leave something unfinished over the weekend.

Development is not binary

[WOLF3]
Members
5,952 posts
2,203 battles

It's high-pressure STEAM, not smoke, and I think it looks great.

Okay, move to the whistle, but minor minor.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,981 battles
1 hour ago, 0806sung said:

Few patches ago, they added a white smoke to horn, but it looks bad!

It bothers me every time I blow my horn.

what is it supposed to be anyways?? it looks so cheesy.

LOL.

[CAPGO]
Members
511 posts
3,261 battles
17 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

LOL if they had time to make space-battle game mode as a Halloween event. An event that went live for only few days.. They definitely have time to make some improvement in visual effects. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE it's a simple effect. but these simple effects do count.. otherwise, why would have they added it in the first place?

16 hours ago, iDuckman said:

It's high-pressure STEAM, not smoke, and I think it looks great.

Okay, move to the whistle, but minor minor.

Thanks for correction, I am not expert in this regard by any means.. I am just commenting my feedback on how it looks.

After watching few video clips, I still hold my position, they could use some visual improvement.

I think the steam needs to come out little wider and shorter...

image.png.bc34090ba5b6857cb8b50d98a62c3867.png

right now, they remind me of these...

Edited by 0806sung

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
17 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

What needs to be fixed although it is low priority is the steam is coming from the wrong location. The whistles/horns were usually mounted on the front of the stacks.

Just to nitpick..ours was on the starboard side of the fire control tower, just below the 0-8 navigation bridge (on the Big J). For whats its worth...that would make it forward of the forward stack.

[CAPGO]
Members
511 posts
3,261 battles
4 minutes ago, BBsquid said:

Just to nitpick..ours was on the starboard side of the fire control tower, just below the 0-8 navigation bridge (on the Big J). For whats its worth...that would make it forward of the forward stack.

Thank you guys for making this post more positive feedback and leading to better directions. I know this is not something everybody is interested about and my poor English may have made it worse.. But I think these small things DO count. 

One thing that this game still amazes me is that despite how arcade the game play is, ships are built with historical details and a lot of attention to the real-life counterpart.

I learn a lot about a ship that I never saw in-person in this game, and I feel proud about that. Sometimes I go child mode to someone who doesn't know anything by explaining him about the ship as if I know a lot about it when I don't. I just play this game.

Now, If I haven't researched and saw video clips of steam blown horns.. I would've thought that steams would shoot out so long and dissipate so fast.. like how it is displayed in the game currently.

WG def has time to improve this.

I know people are not interested.. but these details DO count and do amazes new players.

WG, you try SO HARD to copy the real model of the ship.

The steam is big part of the aesthetic of the game. at least for me, so here is my rant.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
25 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

Thank you guys for making this post more positive feedback and leading to better directions. I know this is not something everybody is interested about and my poor English may have made it worse.. But I think these small things DO count. 

Details are important, and as you have said, WG goes to a great length making sure everything is as close as possible. A buddy of mine and I spent a year and a half building and modifying the 1/350 Tamiya kit of the 80's refit New Jersey. We had a lot of pictures and 1st hand knowledge from our time on board. Had to kitbash several doors and fittings that were missing from the base model. When we were done though it was a perfect replica of our ship. Details are important.

That said...WG has a lot on their plate as far as serious game issues they need to tweak, and new ship lines to release. There are much bigger fish to fry than cosmetic touches right now. Hopefully...in time...they will get around to the ships horns and do them justice.