You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Inigo_M0ntoya

War Bonds for USS Helena

9 comments in this topic

[JR]
[JR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles

War Bonds poster circa 1943 honoring the sinking of USS Helena.  Just thought I'd share.USS-Helena-CL-50-War-Bond-1943.thumb.jpg.9ccd1241d63d26e1c55833e917d91561.jpg

• Cool 4

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,668 battles

I made a camo design for the contest based on that, didn't get into the top 10, still satisfied with it :Smile_great:.

5b2966bd5e1af_USSHELENAWARBOND.thumb.jpg.3447c8c3e81ab6b7b8f5a54b5f104eab.jpg

• Cool 3

[JR]
[JR]
390 posts
4,124 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

I made a camo design for the contest based on that, didn't get into the top 10, still satisfied with it :Smile_great:.

5b2966bd5e1af_USSHELENAWARBOND.thumb.jpg.3447c8c3e81ab6b7b8f5a54b5f104eab.jpg

Damn I never saw this one in the contest.  Too bad you didn't get top 10 I think you should have gotten it.  Nice camo.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,668 battles
1 minute ago, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

Damn I never saw this one in the contest.  Too bad you didn't get top 10 I think you should have gotten it.  Nice camo.

Well, I got a shot at the 50 camos and I will get the camo mission early, so its fine :Smile_teethhappy:.

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles

Cool! Thank you for sharing. Sadly, that's something that the historians tend to ignore; The Home Front. Stuff like the War Bonds, Scrap Drives, and Victory Gardens. All of those and more that played a major part in the United State's war effort.

• Cool 1

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

She had a short, but fairly eventful career. The last two battles she fought in she performed very well. Had she not been sunk she would have surely acquired more battle stars. How many ships did she sink single-handedly or contributed significantly to the sinking?

Looking forward to having her.

[JR]
[JR]
390 posts
4,124 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

Cool! Thank you for sharing. Sadly, that's something that the historians tend to ignore; The Home Front. Stuff like the War Bonds, Scrap Drives, and Victory Gardens. All of those and more that played a major part in the United State's war effort.

I love looking at old War bonds posters, enlistment posters, and propaganda, even if most are extremely racist by today's standards.  I remember this book I read once about this kid who's older brother went to Europe during WWII.  I cant remember the name of the book but it was all about life in the states during the war and how this kid would go to his neighbors and collect scrap metal in his wagon to give to the war effort for a few bucks.  His mom went to work in a factory and he would go to parades with friends and family celebrating the guys who got to come home.

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
9 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

She had a short, but fairly eventful career. The last two battles she fought in she performed very well. Had she not been sunk she would have surely acquired more battle stars. How many ships did she sink single-handedly or contributed significantly to the sinking?

Looking forward to having her.

I don't recall how many ships Helena engaged at Cape Esperance and 1st Guadalcanal, but in the book "Neptune's Inferno" by James HornFischer, Helena's actions in those battles are well covered.

Edited by ReddNekk

Members
1,865 posts
5,656 battles
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Never forget that behind every soldier on the front lines is a farmer and factory worker that feeds and supplies the solider.

Amateurs study tactics; professionals study logistics.

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 2