Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

5 comments in this topic

Members
66 posts
15,103 battles

Here is the big visual problem of carriers. They are the BIGGEST ship, in all dimensions, of ships at sea. Yet, as you go after it and it IS in your ships visual range, it disappears for 30 seconds AND longer. This makes no sense what so ever. I even set my visuals to medium to see if that would help and it doesn't. It's almost as bad as seeing sells coming from nowhere before you see the cruiser firing at you. Maybe you development folks can figure that out. 

PS: My system is well capable of running this program (and other vid-intensive games I play) and it's a fiber optic DSL running over 50M. The only time I see the slow down effect is when we have guest from south of the border.

Edited by OldHippie72
  • Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
23 minutes ago, OldHippie72 said:

They are the BIGGEST ship, in all dimensions

Battleships weigh more and often larger dimensions, few exceptions for CVs. But mostly BBs will beat out the carriers.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,433 battles

The there he is then POOF no he`s not has being going on for quite some time! Those with barely adequate compus experience this quite often even at close range. So if you have a high end set up join the club since even those with the best rigs experience the POOF where did he go event.

Members
66 posts
15,103 battles

Glad to see I'm not the only one. As for Akeno's comment, the "Jeep" carriers were built on commercial ship frames and there were many more of them than what are used in this game. They still had a taller silhouette than BB's though they were shorter in length. I think it's just the Murphy Attack that they disappear in the Game. :cap_haloween:

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

It was until late war that carrier out grew Battleships. Mainly becuase ships like midway started as an adaptation of the Montana hull plan into a carrier. Modern USN super carriers have more in common with Battleships than early carriers in design.

Sign in to follow this