Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
reigne

Out of Bounds Torps

8 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
2,642 battles

Can a CV send a torp plane out of bounds and launch torps from out of bounds, even after I sink the CV?   I sank a CV near the boundary line. One of the CV's planes was out of bounds and launched torps. I heard them coming and looked everywhere to find them (except for out of bounds) and BAM!  I get nailed and sink.  Whats up with that?  If I cant go out of bounds, why can a plane?

• Funny 1

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,211 battles

He has selected an auto-drop on you before he died so the AI was then able to fly to the best (quickest?) position to drop from and that happened to be on the other side of the map edge...

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,964 battles
2 minutes ago, reigne said:

Can a CV send a torp plane out of bounds and launch torps from out of bounds, even after I sink the CV?   I sank a CV near the boundary line. One of the CV's planes was out of bounds and launched torps. I heard them coming and looked everywhere to find them (except for out of bounds) and BAM!  I get nailed and sink.  Whats up with that?  If I cant go out of bounds, why can a plane?

As far as I am aware, you cannot send them out of bounds but they can go out of bounds on their patterns. If a CV launched planes as they were going down and had an auto drop on you, the planes movements are determined by your location. If he autodopped from the East and your ship was near the East border or you headed that way, then yes I would assume they could go out of bounds to set up their approach. Same should apply for manual drops if the CV is still alive.

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

It's to prevent border camping and they can only do it with autodrop. planes carry out their last orders after the CV is sunk.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,507 posts
7,389 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's to prevent border camping and they can only do it with autodrop. planes carry out their last orders after the CV is sunk.

^^^ this is the correct answer..

Border camping was a huge problem during beta.  This was one fix of many.   I still see it happen though.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

@reigne Indeed they can as explained quite clearly by the previous responders

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,407 battles
2 hours ago, reigne said:

You can auto drop on a target by picking the target and dragging the attack direction to attack from any direction you want, including from out of bounds.

You can manually drop from out of bounds by picking a point to attack that's inside the map, and then dragging the attack direction to a point that is out of bounds.

You can't actually tell aircraft to fly outside the map border, but they will do it on their own. Your initial aim point must be within the map border, which can make manual dropping on a target that's hugging the border difficult, as your aim point in actually on the far side of the target.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

Sign in to follow this