You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

My body is ready for Worcester

23 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

My body is ready. What about you guys?

unknown-6.thumb.png.331e14fc0f18913693540f09f7f606b5.png

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
5,355 posts
3,559 battles

My finger is ready for intense button coordination. 

Counter Destroyer - Press F

Counter CV - Press T

Counter Torpedoes - Press Y 

Take massive damage  - Press G 

counter BB's? - Press ESC 

• Funny 2

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Nah just press 1 and hold down LMB.

:cap_rambo:

And I'm only about 100k into cleve, but about 20k more on her and I should have the free xp to go to the T10 day1

[CRMSN]
5,355 posts
3,559 battles
13 minutes ago, FirstOfOne said:

Nah just press 1 and hold down LMB.

And I'm only about 100k into cleve, but about 20k more on her and I should have the free xp to go to the T10 day1

Thats only for when the game wants me to have some fried potatoes :P 

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles

Who needs any other boat when we have the wonderful Huanghe?

Edited by Huanghe
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CRMSN]
5,355 posts
3,559 battles
2 minutes ago, Huanghe said:

you get an upvote for over level 9000 shitposting while plugging yourself! 

• Funny 1

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,202 battles

I have watched a few videos on flamu playing the ship, and honestly, other than the extra utility which would be nice; I will probably just stick to brawling in my DM. I cant wait until they release the light cruiser line so that I can hunt them down because they cant really defend themselves close range :)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Although the Worcester is my ultimate Goal I find Grinding Ships to be tiresome.

I will get there later rather than sooner.

By my estimate Admiral Halsey and the Worcester  will arrive about the same time in my Port.

I don't and won't change my play to achieve this goal.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles
9 minutes ago, Zarenno said:

I have watched a few videos on flamu playing the ship, and honestly, other than the extra utility which would be nice; I will probably just stick to brawling in my DM. I cant wait until they release the light cruiser line so that I can hunt them down because they cant really defend themselves close range :)

I think what WG did to differentiate Worcester from Des Memes was pretty smart.

The funny thing is that both ships fundamentally do the same things, but they diverge a bit in how they do it.  DM has the 27mm bow, 203mm guns that say "F--k IFHE" with super reloads, which frees up 4 points to do other important things.  The auto-loading 203s can punish ships even in short range, even a Battleship.  Worcester gets Supra-Ninja Concealment to compliment her Radar, AA that makes Minotaur blush, and fast firing guns.  But she's much softer than DM, and DM isn't exactly sturdy to begin with, and her guns are very bad when you need to kill someone quickly that isn't at low HP.

Worcester I can see being a REAL PITA in island portions of the maps, especially if caps are in that area.  But if they're not careful, even a CA can pop up for surprise b---secks and there's very little Worcester, Seattle can do about it.  They don't have torpedoes, they don't have the 203mm SHS shells of the USN CAs at these tiers to bail them out.

It's a smartly balanced ship with very good strengths but yet reigned in with some key weaknesses.

It's going to need good hands to realize her potential though, because I can see her imploding very quickly, easily due to mistakes or good enemy opportunities.  But man, the Division Potential...

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles
47 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

My finger is ready for intense button coordination. 

Counter Destroyer - Press F

Counter CV - Press T

Counter Torpedoes - Press Y 

Take massive damage  - Press G 

That last one. Thanks for that I'm at work on a break and needed a laugh.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,743 posts
9,446 battles

19 point captian on my Alsace.

17 point in my Republique.

19 point in my Udaloi.

19 point in my Khabarovsk.

I'm ready.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
1 hour ago, FirstOfOne said:

I'm only about 100k into cleve, but about 20k more on her and I should have the free xp to go to the T10 day1

I'm always amused by players who free XP through a ship line to reach the end; it's like recording a good football game and then just watching the last 30 seconds. It's not the destination ... it's the journey.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles
1 hour ago, Huanghe said:

Huanghe is best ship! Huanghe fires not normal shells but Maonium shells! Anyone who says Huanghe is not best boat need to go through Cultural Revolution and re-education for being a member of capitalist or imperialist scum!

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Funny 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

I'm always amused by players who free XP through a ship line to reach the end; it's like recording a good football game and then just watching the last 30 seconds. It's not the destination ... it's the journey.

Or its like playing an MMO and powerleveling to get to end game.

Seattle looks meh, and I play my favorite T10s regularly. Why play 50+ games in a ship I'm not excited about? Sometimes the jouney sucks.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
14 minutes ago, FirstOfOne said:

Sometimes the jouney sucks.

Every journey is what you make of it.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,516 battles
22 minutes ago, FirstOfOne said:

Seattle looks meh, and I play my favorite T10s regularly. Why play 50+ games in a ship I'm not excited about? Sometimes the jouney sucks.

I'm right with you there.

Plus, it's not just about skipping the ship cause I'm rushing to get to T10, it's also about minimizing the amount of XP you spend for training and retraining captains as well the costs for modules and upgrades for a ship you know you aren't going to like very much and/or won't be playing very long.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles
11 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

I'm right with you there.

Plus, it's not just about skipping the ship cause I'm rushing to get to T10, it's also about minimizing the amount of XP you spend for training and retraining captains as well the costs for modules and upgrades for a ship you know you aren't going to like very much and/or won't be playing very long.

Half the problem with most Tier IX ships is that once you have Tier X in that line, there's almost no point to keeping the IX.

Alsace is a very good IX and merits keeping, some won't even go to X Republique.  Either way, Alsace is very different from Republique.

Fletcher is so cool that some say that Gearing is a side-grade to Fletcher.

Iowa plays differently to Montana, and sister Missouri has Radar and a $$$ Printer.

But cases like this are uncommon in Tier IX compared to their later X successors.

Personally, I really liked IX Saint-Louis, but I'll be frank... Once I got Henri IV, who is better in pretty much every way than S-L, justifying S-L is a hard case.

Would you keep Izumo after getting Yamato?  Izumo over Musashi? :Smile_teethhappy:

Keep FDG when you got GK?  I liked FDG when I ground the German BB Line, but just like Saint-Louis, why keep using her when GK is superior in every way to her?

Would you keep playing Essex over Midway?

Does Ibuki merit keeping once you got Zao?  I can easily justify keeping Mogami and Zao together, but can't imagine Ibuki as part of that picture.

Roon is a very solid IX CA, but once you got Hindenburg, what's the point of Roon?  Hindenburg is better in every way.  Like the IJN CA case, I can justify keeping both Hipper and Hindenburg, but Roon, as cool as she is, doesn't have a compelling case to keep.

Do people keep playing their IX IJN DD once they got Shimakaze and still have Akizuki in Tier VIII?

Will you keep playing Dmitri Donskoi over IX Kronshtadt or X Moskva?

Tier IX is in a very awkward spot.  They're just as costly to run as a Tier X, but don't have the power of Tier X, and don't have much reasons to keep playing Tier IX once you've ground past.  Some are content just to sit at Tier VIII at the highest.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,743 posts
9,446 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

I ground through the Mahan when it had to fight Midways and Montanas with a 7.6k consealment and 6.4k “long range” torpedoes. 

That was a journey of pain and suffering. 

/Off my lawn. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
19,011 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Personally, I really liked IX Saint-Louis, but I'll be frank... Once I got Henri IV, who is better in pretty much every way than S-L, justifying S-L is a hard case.

Agreed, personal preference here but St Louis with range, rudder shift and special speed boost is an absolute terror.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

I am ready.... Halsey is ready....

There will be no shade to fight in as Worcester's Red tracer shells fly through the air.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
2,892 battles
22 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Half the problem with most Tier IX ships is that once you have Tier X in that line, there's almost no point to keeping the IX.

Alsace is a very good IX and merits keeping, some won't even go to X Republique.  Either way, Alsace is very different from Republique.

Fletcher is so cool that some say that Gearing is a side-grade to Fletcher.

Iowa plays differently to Montana, and sister Missouri has Radar and a $$$ Printer.

But cases like this are uncommon in Tier IX compared to their later X successors.

Would you keep Izumo after getting Yamato?  Izumo over Musashi? :Smile_teethhappy:

Keep FDG when you got GK?  I liked FDG when I ground the German BB Line, but just like Saint-Louis, why keep using her when GK is superior in every way to her?

Would you keep playing Essex over Midway?

Does Ibuki merit keeping once you got Zao?  I can easily justify keeping Mogami and Zao together, but can't imagine Ibuki as part of that picture.

Roon is a very solid IX CA, but once you got Hindenburg, what's the point of Roon?  Hindenburg is better in every way.  Like the IJN CA case, I can justify keeping both Hipper and Hindenburg, but Roon, as cool as she is, doesn't have a compelling case to keep.

Do people keep playing their IX IJN DD once they got Shimakaze and still have Akizuki in Tier VIII?

Will you keep playing Dmitri Donskoi over IX Kronshtadt or X Moskva?

Tier IX is in a very awkward spot.  They're just as costly to run as a Tier X, but don't have the power of Tier X, and don't have much reasons to keep playing Tier IX once you've ground past.  Some are content just to sit at Tier VIII at the highest.

Fletcher and Yugumo are both considerably better than their Tier X counterparts to me. Fletcher especially so. Fletcher is so much better than Gearing in basically every way that Gearing's latest buff is getting Fletcher torpedoes. Fletcher is so good Flambass once mentioned that "you can tell if someone is a stat padder if they have the most of their DD games in Fletcher". So, some Tier 9's are really good.