You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
B0ATYMCB04TFAC3

HE SPAMMING RUINING BB PLAY

134 comments in this topic

[NUTTS]
Members
35 posts
4,315 battles

Is it just me or has the new round of cruisers from the split made BB play more unbearable? People have been complaint for months and months about Battleships that sit in the way back and snipe. Yet what other option is there? I fear this issue is only going to become more profound once the spilt is completed with 7.7. All you ever see now is cruisers, camped out behind islands (where they can’t be shot) and spamming people constantly with fire. Something needs to desperately be done about this soon or the game is eventually going to become world of cruisers because no one will want to play DD with all the cruisers around with radar, no one will want to play BB Because of the fire issue, no one will play CV because of the AA from all the cruisers. Either the fire chance needs to be reduced or the amount of damage done by the fire needs to be drastically reduced. Let’s just ignore the fact for a minute that no modern (ww1- current) warship has ever been destroyed by fire. Really messed up yes, but never destroyed. But honestly, let’s not kid ourselves here. 250 HP per second per fire is a little excessive. And I know what you’ll say, don’t use you’re repair party for one fire, yeah... I know that. I only use it for 2 or more and that’s only if I’m below %50 percent health. Quick example is last night while play, a kutzov fires a salvo, sets 2 fires, okay I’m low on health (20 percent or so) so use the repair. As soon as the RP enters cool down he fires another salvo instantly sets 2 fires again. British BB don’t even set that many fires and they carry a 45-50 percent chance vs the standard cruiser 8-12 percent. When I can take my Cleveland out (trust me when I say I absolutely suck at using cruisers) and can do 95k damage something is wrong but the hilariouty of that is I set 12 fires in the maybe 12 minutes I was alive off of roughly 115-120 hits.  So again, it might be time to consider that the fire damage and or chance is in desperate need of a nerf or warships risks losing all dedicated BB players. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 14

Beta Testers
35 posts
7,806 battles

The only way it would be fair to nerf fire or he for cruisers would be to aldo make their citadels much smaller so thet wouldnt get instantly deleted everytime they are spotted or pushing, regardless of angle.

• Cool 3

[NUTTS]
Members
35 posts
4,315 battles

Do generally move slow but that goes along with what I was saying about people in general complaining about BB not doing their part and sitting in the back camping. 

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

you need to stop moving your BB. they won't fire on stationary targets

r4qc4qp.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,638 battles

How about a lesson in objectivity OP...

tell us what a battleship can do to a cruiser in one shot....before you go on and on about how wg is being mean to ships with the largest health pool, and farthest reaching guns in game.....ill wait.

by the way...im seeing plenty of 4 dds per side matches in t9/10/8/7.......but you wont see that on the forums.

• Cool 3

[NUTTS]
Members
35 posts
4,315 battles

I’d be perfectly okay with a change to the citadel on cruisers. I’m sure a lot of others would be as well, cruiser players as well as battleship players. 

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles

reRw26c.png 

As a Cruiser main, I take joy in this. 

The fire used to be worse you know. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,638 battles
Just now, EpicFlails said:

Im an average player and I think HE spam is not an issue on BBs. You know whats not fine? Radar.

spotter planes are much worse.....

a radar ship is usually within its reveal distance when it pops radar so you have a chance to kill it.......spotter planes can spot you and you will never see the spotter plane in order to kill it.

[S0L0]
Members
226 posts
5,427 battles

I'm pretty sure, that after people find how easily it is to kill the new USN lights, the player base will get bored and go back to being a BB heavy meta again. (with a few heavy DD matches here and there)

Edited by JB_24

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
8 minutes ago, B0ATYMCB04TFAC3 said:

Is it just me or has the new round of cruisers from the split made BB play more unbearable? People have been complaint for months and months about Battleships that sit in the way back and snipe. Yet what other option is there? I fear this issue is only going to become more profound once the spilt is completed with 7.7. All you ever see now is cruisers, camped out behind islands (where they can’t be shot) and spamming people constantly with fire. Something needs to desperately be done about this soon or the game is eventually going to become world of cruisers because no one will want to play DD with all the cruisers around with radar, no one will want to play BB Because of the fire issue, no one will play CV because of the AA from all the cruisers. Either the fire chance needs to be reduced or the amount of damage done by the fire needs to be drastically reduced. Let’s just ignore the fact for a minute that no modern (ww1- current) warship has ever been destroyed by fire. Really messed up yes, but never destroyed. But honestly, let’s not kid ourselves here. 250 HP per second per fire is a little excessive. And I know what you’ll say, don’t use you’re repair party for one fire, yeah... I know that. I only use it for 2 or more and that’s only if I’m below %50 percent health. Quick example is last night while play, a kutzov fires a salvo, sets 2 fires, okay I’m low on health (20 percent or so) so use the repair. As soon as the RP enters cool down he fires another salvo instantly sets 2 fires again. British BB don’t even set that many fires and they carry a 45-50 percent chance vs the standard cruiser 8-12 percent. When I can take my Cleveland out (trust me when I say I absolutely suck at using cruisers) and can do 95k damage something is wrong but the hilariouty of that is I set 12 fires in the maybe 12 minutes I was alive off of roughly 115-120 hits.  So again, it might be time to consider that the fire damage and or chance is in desperate need of a nerf or warships risks losing all dedicated BB players. 

F2ajBK3.gif

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
11 minutes ago, B0ATYMCB04TFAC3 said:

I play a cross between a BB and a DD main.  I play my US BBs.  The only issue that I have is cruisers camped behind islands.  I'm not worried about the HE there are ways of dealing with fire damage.  Passive play is much more common at the higher tiers players even in cruisers bow tanking.  The only problem I have with HE is those damn RN he spammers.   But the only flip side is this there is guaranteed damage when using HE.  When the RN bbs were introduced the HE spam became more of a norm.  I suggest you find a better way to deal with it in game than ranting on the forums.  I'm not trying to be a jerk.  But you got to learn to deal with the HE. 

[NUTTS]
Members
35 posts
4,315 battles

Okay, battleships have largest health pool, great. Can a battleship sit behind an island with zero chance of being damamged? Here’s a good example of what I’m getting at right here. From the game I just played in the Alsace. Take special notice of not only the 4 fires for 24k but also the 62 hits for 17 from HE. Wanna guess where those came from? A cruiser sitting behind an island that for some reason just can’t be shot at or spotted even though I can clearly see the rounds leaving his guns.... err.... the open water. 

image.jpg

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles

Get good with your aim as a Battleship and I promise you that those Cruisers will be looking like tasty looking appetizers.

A Cruiser can dance at range all it wants, but a BB player that knows how to aim can abruptly end that dance, or land such a mighty hit(s) that the Cruiser player is suddenly reconsidering life choices and do something else instead.

Do you want to know the best time to play Battleships? 

It's not when a BB Line is new.  It's more difficult as the teams are heavily populated by heavy armor that resists your big guns, and there's lots of other big guns out there that threaten you.

It's not when a DD Line is new.  DDs are a counter to Battleships.

It's not when a new CV comes out.  Unless you are a AA Spec BB, Carriers are a BB's bane.

It's when there's a new Cruiser Line or a bunch of Cruisers being played.  It's when there's an event heavily promoting Cruiser use.  That's when you play BBs.  Cruisers don't have BB armor.  Cruisers actually have citadels while Battleships are increasingly losing theirs.  The majority of Cruisers lack Repair Party, so any damage you do to them is lasting.  They don't have the stealth of DDs.  They don't have the agility of DDs.  They're larger than DDs.

"Target rich environment."

How can a BB dislike lots of Cruisers in a match?  You should be feeling like a King.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 4

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,113 battles
25 minutes ago, B0ATYMCB04TFAC3 said:

I fear AP far more than HE when I play my BBs. It's not even close

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
16 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

spotter planes are much worse.....

a radar ship is usually within its reveal distance when it pops radar so you have a chance to kill it.......spotter planes can spot you and you will never see the spotter plane in order to kill it.

INTERESTING. NO ONE EVER MENTIONS THIS.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

INTERESTING. NO ONE EVER MENTIONS THIS.

Radar is mostly aimed for dealing with stealthy opponents like DDs.  A stealthier ship such as a DD won't get so easily spotted unless it's super close.  However, if you are in a BB then that plane can spot you a long ways off, especially if you neglected a stealth build.  Then everyone piles on you.  And once you're set on fire, then your concealment definitely goes to the sh*tters.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles

In which we complain about:

1) The only semi reliable type of damage Cruisers have against BBs

2) Damage that can be healed back 100%

3) Damage that can be mitigated by a survival build

4) Damage that works over a long time

Meanwhile it's perfectly alright for a battleship to just wave their guns at a cruiser for a bit and instantly delete it without any modules, consumables or skill build to counter it ...

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,021 battles
7 minutes ago, B0ATYMCB04TFAC3 said:

Okay, battleships have largest health pool, great. Can a battleship sit behind an island with zero chance of being damamged? Here’s a good example of what I’m getting at right here. From the game I just played in the Alsace. Take special notice of not only the 4 fires for 24k but also the 62 hits for 17 from HE. Wanna guess where those came from? A cruiser sitting behind an island that for some reason just can’t be shot at or spotted even though I can clearly see the rounds leaving his guns.... err.... the open water. 

image.jpg

Yes, BB’s have the highest health and also a heal... while I don’t necessarily think the fire mechanic is a good one I feel it is needed and is balanced as it is and yes I play BB’s and have had games where I have been burned down. Try to look at it from the other side. If you are a bow tanking BB pushing in, what can damage you? With 0 fires, how long would it take a handful of CA/CL/DD’s to destroy you? If a BB is pushing in to tank, save the damage control for 3 or 4(if you aren’t running Fire Prevention). You can heal back all fire damage so why bother stopping 1 or 2? Tank for your team and go dark to heal. Easy enough. 

I think the big difference is a CA/CL or a DD gets deleted and has to think about what mistakes they made whereas a BB never really has to do that. Think of it in that way. What mistake did you make to get set on fire 3-4 times, repair that fire then get set on fire 3-4 times again and learn how to avoid that. Just my opinion.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
37 minutes ago, B0ATYMCB04TFAC3 said:

The new USN Cruisers are actually not all that bad to face in a BB, their HE spamming is nothing new and their fire chances seem to be less than that of cruisers of other nations. If a USN is causing me trouble and I can’t get away from them, I will instead charge them to allow my Secondaries and main guns to fire at them. Unlike other cruisers  from the various nations, USN CAs lack torpedoes. So aside from their weaker Secondaries and possibly getting rammed, you don’t really have the major threat faced when moving BB close to cruisers which are the torpedoes since USN CAs do lack Torps except for Atlanta, Flint, Omaha, and Phoenix which only have Torps that are 5.5 km range or less.

Captain skills, Signal flags, and premium Consumables are also very helpful if your BB is being set on fire too often.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

Plenty of ships were lost by uncontrolled fires in World War 2... 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,672 posts
9,071 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

In which we complain about:

1) The only semi reliable type of damage Cruisers have against BBs

2) Damage that can be healed back 100%

3) Damage that can be mitigated by a survival build

4) Damage that works over a long time

Meanwhile it's perfectly alright for a battleship to just wave their guns at a cruiser for a bit and instantly delete it without any modules, consumables or skill build to counter it ...

Number 1 is both true and false. Next time a heavy cruiser or BB decides to napalm your BB watch the non-fire only partially repairable damage rack up at a fast rate even from CL's.

Number 2 is only for the fire damage and while the OP is talking about BB's which all have repair ability many ships either have extremely limited repair or none at all. Even with the burn time reduction on cruisers and DD's fire is painful.

Number 3 is true but even with that it can be very hard to stay alive which explains why there is so much maximum range firing.

Number 4 is fine for a single fire but when you get multiple fires which even with a survival build can be deadly you have few options.

Now while I think choosing fire as the equalizer was a mistake and making the RN BB's napalm catapults an even bigger mistake we are stuck with fire and what WG needs to do is find ways to reduce the frustration that comes with fire while still allowing smaller caliber shells to cause decent damage.

4 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Not really a problem.  BB heal can get it all back.

Other ships burn too and many of them can't repair that fire damage. Even with the reduced burn times fire is painful for cruisers and DD's.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles
30 minutes ago, B0ATYMCB04TFAC3 said:

image.jpg

Ok so you ran into an actual good cruiser player.....what's wrong with that? Youd be surprised of the amount of cruisers Ive seen who get cocky and poke out just a little bit and get nuked for it