You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Tactical Tip Tuesday - Maneuvering

10 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
784 posts
5,771 battles

image.png

How do you maneuver your ship to avoid being blown out of the water?

For myself, it's important to play the map and use the terrain for cover, to regroup, and set up a potential ambush.

Changing speed and course make it difficult for effective return fire to delete you instantly.

How do you get out of trouble faster than you get into it?

"Our planes and pilots, if properly handled are more than a match for the enemy." - John S. Thach, US Navy

#tacticaltiptuesday

#anchorsaweigh

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles

French T8+: go full broadside, activate engine boost and then make hard turn, watch shells fall in water next to your ship.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

When someone tries to shoot me I normally do something along these lines

nvvktgz.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

I drive like a drunken Labrador Retriever that can't decide with ball to chase when the tennis ball factory is blown up. I sometimes pay by taking a citadel but I feel I gain by being able to get more guns on target.

[5D]
Members
1,195 posts
7,091 battles

Slam on the gas, allow bad guys to see your smoke stacks start churning out thick black smoke...

Slam on breaks about 2-3 seconds before their reload is back up.

Watch shells splash off your bow.

Next, do the same but reversed, maybe throw a port or starboard turn in for giggles. 

Edited by Spartias

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Long range cruiser?  Fluctuate speed, cut speed and go into a hard turn.  Hard turn without fluctuating speed.  Works 7/10 times and the others, well you still get hit in the aft and eat a citadel lol

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I don't play a lot of battleships, so what I try to do in cruisers and destroyers is be set up to make a hasty retreat before I do anything that will reveal my location to the enemy.

You generally find out how much danger you are in in those first few seconds (assuming you have priority target). I then use that information to decide whether I disengage, or if I'm viewed as a low enough threat to where I can undergo normal combat maneuvers.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,202 battles

I usually sit at an island waifu and fire shots over her into the enemy vessels. The times when I am in the open water I keep stealth and watchful until I have a great shot or until someone else is the focus of enemy fire to open up my own guns. It works most of the time <3

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles

The best bet is for me to find out where the enemy radar cruisers are heading, and how close they are to me. Other than that I can just keep an eye on the minimap for where the enemy dds were last spotted and hunt them down or cap. If worse comes to worse, I can smoke up and star floating away at 1/4 speed.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,579 battles
On 6/19/2018 at 12:14 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

image.png

How do you maneuver your ship to avoid being blown out of the water?

For myself, it's important to play the map and use the terrain for cover, to regroup, and set up a potential ambush.

Changing speed and course make it difficult for effective return fire to delete you instantly.

How do you get out of trouble faster than you get into it?

"Our planes and pilots, if properly handled are more than a match for the enemy." - John S. Thach, US Navy

#tacticaltiptuesday

#anchorsaweigh

My best manuevering is ensuring I don't over push and to try and not make too many uturns. As a uturn can take gun mounts out of play for too long. Especially in BBs. But varying speed and even slight course changes after firing can help you from getting blasted hard.